May 2013 BTO

Genome123

Master Member
Reaction score
With so low take up rate for the sembawang BTO I wonder if they will even initiate anything.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a first timer SC applicant applying for a new flat. My husband is a foreigner n I have a 1 year old SC child. So I listed my husband as an occupier.
I was working full time for a year 2 years ago. Not working now as I am looking after baby at home. Can I know if I am still eligible for AHG if my foreigner spouse has worked more than a year in overseas. Coz I saw the ahg application form n they stated to provide the employment details of spouse even if he is an occupier. Pls shed some light. Thanks!

Which means you havent been working full time for the past 1-2 years??

This below is from HDB, i dont think occupier will play a part in AHG or repayment.

The Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) Scheme is meant to help citizen families with a steady household income to buy their first subsidised home. It is based on a workfare concept, where at least one of the applicants must have worked continuously for 12 months prior to the flat application and remain employed at the point of flat application.

bearine

Reaction score
Omg then I'm not eligible for any grant??
Wat about the CPF family grant?

if im not wrong, CPF family grant is only applicable for resale, dbss and ec. Pretty sure that BTO only can take AHG.

Maybe you still can try for AHG, I believe it is a case by case basis. Better check with HDB financial dept.

Last edited:

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if im not wrong, CPF family grant is only applicable for resale, dbss and ec. Pretty sure that BTO only can take AHG.

Maybe you still can try for AHG, I believe it is a case by case basis. Better check with HDB financial dept.

i tried for AHG.. hdb is very very strict with regards to the grant.. i got rejected despite multiple appeals through various MPs and even sending emails to the ministers.. :(

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried for AHG.. hdb is very very strict with regards to the grant.. i got rejected despite multiple appeals through various MPs and even sending emails to the ministers.. :(

So why was it rejected?

thanks for the clarification! i ever read somewhere in the forum that if you get the AHG, you cant sublet the unit, maybe the person got his info wrong..

Depend on the whole lot of information given, see below..

Minimum Occupation Period
SC flat owners who wish to sublet their flat must meet a 3 or 5-year Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) as follows:

5 years
Non-subsidised flat (flat purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant) and the application to buy the flat was received by HDB on or after 30 Aug 2010.
Subsidised flat (flat purchased directly from HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant)

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why would orphans be not eligible for AHG?! :eek:
still sgreans...:s22:

Exactly.... such blatant discrimination. Just becos I'm not applying bto with my parents, I don't qualify for the grant. how on earth am I going to apply with my parents when they have already passed on???

I'm have been appealing for AHG for half a year already. So tired already haiz.

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly.... such blatant discrimination. Just becos I'm not applying bto with my parents, I don't qualify for the grant. how on earth am I going to apply with my parents when they have already passed on???

I'm have been appealing for AHG for half a year already. So tired already haiz.

:s8:To get AHG grant 40k ur salary must be 1.5k or less and last time I though every 1st timer will get it but not:)

Where you get this info orphans cannot apply AHG:s8:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatAdditionalCPFHousingGrant#AHGLeaflet

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.