[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC87U

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wi-Fi routers use non-ionizing radiation and there has yet to be any scientific evidence that these signals have any effect on living tissue.

Even if have will it publish as it will kill off the technology and business and commercial value and many wave effect ... So all will keep quiet .. Agree ?

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try 30% for both 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz

if 100% = 300+ mW , then 30% is around 100+ mW (if I am not wrong but i recall some router doesnt calculate that way)

I have lan devices that the utility can show me how much signal strength that it is sensing from the router.

On the same corner when I am using DL868 high power , it is 70% received from the end but when from 87U (I even set to only 5%) ... it is picking up 96% ....:eek:

Quite scary radiation.

Even if you don't use, chance you will get the radiation if your neighbour used one unless you wirelessly shield your flat.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

topcow75

Reaction score

evildoctor

Reaction score
Hey Guys need help here! My Ethernet ports are not working after i upgrade my firmware! But my wireless is working fine! Did a reset but still can't solve the problem! Updated to the latest software liao. The one that Maylyn just posted.

evildoctor

Reaction score
Hey Guys need help here! My Ethernet ports are not working after i upgrade my firmware! But my wireless is working fine! Did a reset but still can't solve the problem! Updated to the latest software liao. The one that Maylyn just posted.

Nvm. Found out the problem. hahaha my ISP Settings for MIO....

jfpatenaude

Reaction score
When will we have the update fixing the network loop?

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3885 ~ 12/01/2015 update

Fixes
- Fixed infosvr security issue - LAN-side security hole
- Fixed media server related issues
- Fixed 3G/4G USB dongle related issues.
- Fixed dual wan related issues.
- Improved UDP throughput between LAN and WAN.

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have switch back to router mode yesterday ... connecting it to the LAN port to the main DL868 which interface to the ONT .

So far I dont have 5G issue with any mobile devices. Even laptop after driver update it is working fine.

I am using the latest official FW now. Let me monitor for longer period.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ScreenShot2015-01-13at121453pm_zps712ecb7c.png

Why like this......

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
ScreenShot2015-01-13at121453pm_zps712ecb7c.png

Why like this......

It's impacting IE 11 on Windows OS (UI glitch) (but as if still got people using IE these days lol)

Firefox and Chrome isn't affected.

Let ASUS SG inform ASUS TW RD about this.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.