[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC87U

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i mean the link speed between the phone and the router.. I am connected to 5ghz for my note 3, but max is only 100mbps+ on wifi test to new media express server leh.. :(

Not sure will this help.

5GHzSettings_zpsb9e9f909.png

My 5Ghz setting on my main router.

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure will this help.

5GHzSettings_zpsb9e9f909.png

My 5Ghz setting on my main router.

actually i am looking for the link speed displayed by your phone.

hahas. Perhaps you can let me know the link speed by checking settings>wifi>select the one that is connected and a dialogue will pop out telling you the link speed and IP address..

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hahas. Perhaps you can let me know the link speed by checking settings>wifi>select the one that is connected and a dialogue will pop out telling you the link speed and IP address..

Note 3

3m in front of the router

7-10m away in the room

Tab S

7-10m away in the room

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note 3

7-10m away in the room

Tab S

7-10m away in the room

thanks bro.. My galaxy tab s and note 3 devices connect at 866mbps and 433mbps respectively, just like yours.

However testing the speed test 3m away from the router, my wireless speed for both devices is always around 100 - 120mbps only download, and about 100mbps for upload.

Currently on 200mbps singtel fibre, which I dont think has a part to play in wireless ac. I expect my wireless speed to be higher though, am i right?

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks bro.. My galaxy tab s and note 3 devices connect at 866mbps and 433mbps respectively, just like yours.

However testing the speed test 3m away from the router, my wireless speed for both devices is always around 100 - 120mbps only download, and about 100mbps for upload.

Currently on 200mbps singtel fibre, which I dont think has a part to play in wireless ac. I expect my wireless speed to be higher though, am i right?

Suspect bottleneck lies with the read/write to nand. Afterall, the speed is measured by the cached file downloaded to your device. I believe if it cannot write/read fast enough to your device, you will hit the cap of the nand read/write speed rather then the internet limit.

Whereas on com even a traditional hard disk has no issue hitting over 100MB/s sequential, hence getting 1gbps on speedtest can be achieved.

That's just me postulating lah :s13:

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So sorry for misunderstood you.

Yes, mine is 433Mbps too. Test is done about 4 to 6m away from router.

Screenshot_2014-09-10-03-14-56_zps43c83d73.png

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So sorry for misunderstood you.

Yes, mine is 433Mbps too. Test is done about 4 to 6m away from router.

Screenshot_2014-09-10-03-14-56_zps43c83d73.png

Hmm. If we both connect at 433, then there's no reason why ur speed is faster than mine as our devices are the same.. hahas.. oh no.. this puzzles me..

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. If we both connect at 433, then there's no reason why ur speed is faster than mine as our devices are the same.. hahas.. oh no.. this puzzles me..
A few suggestions but no sure will it help.

1) Can u try clearing all background / recent apps by holding the home button on your Note 3 and click on the dustbin icon or do a reboot on the Note 3 then do the test.

2) Try doing the test nearer to the router n see can you get better result.

3) Check are there other 5GHz network around by using a scanner. You may need to change the 5GHz control channel of the router. I am using 149.

ckh98258

Reaction score
Just installed an AC 7260 network card but there's something abnormal when performing speedtest. I noticed when I click start, it hit straight away to its peak speed and slowly drop so end up the final speedtest result is always at 60-70mbps range. My previous 6235 don't have such issue so is my 7260 normal or a defect unit?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Just installed an AC 7260 network card but there's something abnormal when performing speedtest. I noticed when I click start, it hit straight away to its peak speed and slowly drop so end up the final speedtest result is always at 60-70mbps range. My previous 6235 don't have such issue so is my 7260 normal or a defect unit?

Did you install latest driver from Intel for your 7260?

Best regard,
JK

Ray1976

Reaction score
The latest version is 3.0.0.4.2678, which gives improved stability and range.

Where did you get this firmware? Any download link? Issit from ASUS FTP server?

Update: never mind...its at ASUS official page :p

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you use the router check new firmware, this wouldn't come out. Only can download and update manually.

Where did you get this firmware? Any download link? Issit from ASUS FTP server?

Update: never mind...its at ASUS official page :p

konstrain

Master Member
Reaction score
Is this available in stores? How much does it cost?

I have currently recontract m1's 1gbps but didnt buy the router. Is it worth getting that?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.