Mens Facial Thread...

zeejayUU

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Hey zeejayUU, I saw that you made a post back in 2015 about micro botox at Gangnam. Did you manage to try it out in the end? How was it? :o

I did a botox but don't remember the dates cos have done on more than one occasion....

The primary reason why i did one at first was because my jaw muscles were quite large and i was grinding a lot. This led to broken teeth and the dentist was the one who said that botox can help me stop grinding

Anyway, since I have done botox, the jawline is smaller and more V Shape and I think much nicer than squarish. You have to top up the botox every 12mths though.

It definitely helps stop grinding as it relaxes the muscles so less tense. But sadly can't bring back my broken teeth!
 

Niaoson

Master Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
4,308
Reaction score
6
I did a botox but don't remember the dates cos have done on more than one occasion....

The primary reason why i did one at first was because my jaw muscles were quite large and i was grinding a lot. This led to broken teeth and the dentist was the one who said that botox can help me stop grinding

Anyway, since I have done botox, the jawline is smaller and more V Shape and I think much nicer than squarish. You have to top up the botox every 12mths though.

It definitely helps stop grinding as it relaxes the muscles so less tense. But sadly can't bring back my broken teeth!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I was actually referring to this post where you mentioned micro botox. The micro botox I had in mind is the one for large pores. Seems like you went for the normal type of botox instead! :D
 

zeejayUU

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I was actually referring to this post where you mentioned micro botox. The micro botox I had in mind is the one for large pores. Seems like you went for the normal type of botox instead! :D

I didnt do micro botox cos not suitable for me. Mine was for a different purpose so it was the regular jab into the masseters
 

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
40,542
Reaction score
3,166
Any recommendations for oil cleanser?

Using the It's Skin green tea oil cleanser. Dunno leh. Feels like it doesn't emulsify, but at the same time it doesn't feel thick enough, so I usually oil cleanse 2-3 times before I feel the sunblock is really off.

Banila co. for oil-based cleanser. :s12::s12::s12:
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
I posted a few pages back I have red marks (not scars) from acne. Intending to go to Gangnam to try their $48 IPL trial and consultation.

Anyone with experience in this? Was advised to stop my BHA 1 week before my scheduled treatment. Been using it to quickly clear out my acne :s22:
 

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
518
today my friend ask me why i spend so much time in the sun...
im like i not even a rower, i just joined a few commercial races that happened to take place in the day and of course plus my training for those races'

anyway, he mentioned something about dark patches on my face, and must REALLY start to take care at 31, cause of the pigmentation or something will have dark patches when i get fairer next time ...

get fairer means what? when i grow old in the shade ah?
also what does take care mean ?
wash + toner + moisturise + mud/sheet mask + essence ?
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
today my friend ask me why i spend so much time in the sun...
im like i not even a rower, i just joined a few commercial races that happened to take place in the day and of course plus my training for those races'

anyway, he mentioned something about dark patches on my face, and must REALLY start to take care at 31, cause of the pigmentation or something will have dark patches when i get fairer next time ...

get fairer means what? when i grow old in the shade ah?
also what does take care mean ?
wash + toner + moisturise + mud/sheet mask + essence ?

Think he's referring to when you lose the tan after some time.

Take care in this context means sunblock lor. It reduces/eliminates the effect of UVA and UVB rays on your face, which is generally pigmentation, aging, etc.
 

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
518
Think he's referring to when you lose the tan after some time.

Take care in this context means sunblock lor. It reduces/eliminates the effect of UVA and UVB rays on your face, which is generally pigmentation, aging, etc.

yup ok, sunblock when im out
what about night routines ?
any pigmentation specialist products i need to consider lol
 

zeejayUU

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
today my friend ask me why i spend so much time in the sun...
im like i not even a rower, i just joined a few commercial races that happened to take place in the day and of course plus my training for those races'

anyway, he mentioned something about dark patches on my face, and must REALLY start to take care at 31, cause of the pigmentation or something will have dark patches when i get fairer next time ...

get fairer means what? when i grow old in the shade ah?
also what does take care mean ?
wash + toner + moisturise + mud/sheet mask + essence ?

i think take care means do whatever you need to avoid damage due to too much exposure to sun.

i have similar problem that i like to be outside and not scared of sun. but it cause pigmentation and aging which i dont want. so i will use sunblock and still cover up wherever possible. if running this might not be practical.

choose a non comedogenic sunblock. ie one that dont clog pores.

The higher the factor the more protection but it is more oily and block pore. I use factor 30 and is enough. heard there is very little diff between SPF30 and 50
 

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
6,549
Reaction score
496
yup ok, sunblock when im out
what about night routines ?
any pigmentation specialist products i need to consider lol

at night can use vitamin c serum.... it can fade dark spots and brighten your skin....
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
Banila co. for oil-based cleanser. :s12::s12::s12:

Eh I did consider getting it leh! But I'm a bit turned off by the packaging. Would really prefer something that doesn't require to dig in (hand, spatula or otherwise) to scoop the product out :s13:
 

Jargon

Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
386
Reaction score
0
Anyone has recommendation for facial treatment services in the east area? Bonus if they provide treatment for dark eye circles/eye bags
 

zeejayUU

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Anyone has recommendation for facial treatment services in the east area? Bonus if they provide treatment for dark eye circles/eye bags

not in the east but I just saw an Instagram post from Gangnam Laser today that they do eyebags and dark eye circles.

I need to give it a try next time I go cos I think I need it.

or maybe I should just get more sleep
 

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
6,549
Reaction score
496
My new cheapo cleanser hoot.... less than $3.... :s12:

Ingredients: Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Water, Propylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Lauric Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Perfume, DMDM Hydantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyquartenium-7, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Petrolatum, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

3Xt4X3J.jpg
 

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
6,549
Reaction score
496
My new cheap moisturiser hoot.... less than $5....

Contains jojoba oil and vitamin e....

B7P3FSF.jpg
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
Just went for my second session at Gangnam Laser Clinic and I have to say I'm impressed by them. Possibly psychological effect coupled with my intense desire for this to really work, but I'm seeing a very very mild reduction in my red acne spots. The doctors there also tend to throw in freebies (like free 1x fractional laser session, etc.) depending on your condition. They're receptive to your requests as well, so I didn't feel like it was a doctor-patient relationship, but more like a partner relationship with the sole intent of improving my skin.

Plopped down $500 for a package of 6 sessions. Their package of 12 sessions is only $20 cheaper than getting 2x six sessions, so I didn't see the point of locking myself down so early.

Anyone have skincare routine? Realised a lot pimples always popping out

Good that you wanna do something about it but make sure to always keep in mind that any product may cause your acne to get worse. 3 years of stubborn moisturization and I finally figured a few months back all my cystic acne was from moisturising. Like what they always say on /r/SkincareAddiction, YMMV.

Anyway, what's your current routine? Where are you getting your pimples?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top