Mens Facial Thread...

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
719
I recommend
Jurlique or Phytomer Homme for foaming cleansers
L'occitane apple toning cider
Lancome Men Hydrix moisture Gel
 
Last edited:

EquinOoX

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
16
why useless???

I used zirh facial wash..the one with the aloe vera, normal daily wash (forgot name). I still have half bottle left and i dun think its cleans my face well as i get pimples but 1 thing it doesnt dry yr face. It exactly feels like rubbing aloe vera on yr face to me.
 

wing_wing

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Any good places for Men's facial?

Any good places/salon for men's facial to recommend?
Preferably using Dermalogical products......
 

Refugees

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
1,882
Reaction score
0
fwah~ just went for facial although not my first but is damn bloody pain this time round. :(
End up sign package @ promo price. $280 for 10 sessions.
 

darren.teo

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
switched from clarins men to simple.

now recession cannot anyhow spent.

so far so good. their scrub is not bad. less white heads. :s8:
 

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
16,912
Reaction score
0
Recently, I used a shaving gel from Aussie call Natio. Love it, ask my friend to buy me more. She one shot bought 3 for me :s22:

Gives me very smooth shave even when my blades are not that sharp...

350__1_1203087.gif

where is Sasa? full name? what is it actually? facial shop?
 

I_Hate_Veggie

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,197
Reaction score
0
i have a question here....

what are toners for actually?
and what do they really do or help ur skin at?

thxs.
fyi , never used toner before yet.

thxs
 

JaVic5

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
408
Reaction score
0
i have a question here....

what are toners for actually?
and what do they really do or help ur skin at?

thxs.
fyi , never used toner before yet.

thxs

its for closing up the pores on your face.

with smaller pores means less likelyhood of ance
 

kimurayuki

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
2,082
Reaction score
4
Do Not Take The Risk To New York Skin (KA NA SAI)Solutions

hi guys..i wonder if anyone had try to go for facial? like New York Skin Solutions? my pimples is like spreading and it leaves scar on my face..make mi feel uneasy..i have try to use some cream for for face..it seems tt my face is too toxic..does nt have any improvement..so i tot of going for New york skin solutions..anyone been there before?

User1987, i'd been to New York Skin Solutions in year 2006 as i was ignorantly influenced by the media. I thought it was good as its name sounds like a facial treatments prescribed by USA. In fact, they're all craps as I found out later but it's too late as their treatments brought lots of side effects on my facial skin. At the end, I had to turn up at NSC and later Maple Clinic for S.O.S :( Wasted for 800 bucks juz to save my face
That time i read the newspaper advertisement, they had free consultation plus 15 bucks facial treatment for their 1st 100 customers. I was tempted by such a "good" package and at the same time also realized that those pimples on my face were getting worse. Big and reddish one here and there, i was so disappointing like no solution to my skin problem. I decided to give them a try. I went to their newly opened branch @Bishan Junction 8 coz it's near my home.
Upon reaching there, i was treated by them as a king. They asked me sit down on a big sofa and served me drink. What a "good" service they had initially. Later a "so-called" dermatologist consultant smiled at me and asked me to go into the consultation room and said she would analyse my facial skin with the equipment. In fact, when i was inside the room, it's not any high-end equipment, it's juz a normal electronic microcope that could display my facial skin X100 bigger to be shown on the screen. Then all the craps began......she told me my facial skin very dry, got lots of white heads lah....need to moiturise my skin lah, blah blah blah.....if nope, more pimples would pop out. Lol, that was the FREE consultation, very "professional" to me.
Then later she asked me to go into the facial room juz besides the consultation room. She told me the treatment would work wonder and my skin after the facial would make difference. I was tempted by her words, to my stupidity, i laid down and she turned on the equipment. WTF!!! She started to use needles to clear my pimples, it was painful like gena bitten by ants. Ouuch!!! As she covered my eyes with cotton pads, i couldn't see whether she has sterialized those needles or not. That was a RISK to me, what if I was infected by HIV:s31:
That stupid facial treatment lasted about 40 mins, i could hear her going in and out several times. Gossiping with her colleagues next door then came back to check whether those facial clays on my face dried liao bor.
After the treatment, as she removed the clay mask, OMG, i got the shock out of my life, those pimples on my face got more reddish and swollen like HELL. This stupid Malaysian lady told me it was normal coz those clay mask (made in USA) was trying to detox my skin and hence those swollen areas would occur. She told me not to worry too much then later will have more pimples :s27: I was ignorant that time and i believed what she told me.
She then brought me into another room and shut the door. Guess what??? Hard selling the facial package to me. 800 bucks with 10 times treatment plus one time free. I rejected at the first place then she brought in her manager and started to poison me. I rejected again coz i found that it's quite ex. Wah, they both started to act liao like Mediacorp actress. That lady began to feel sad and almost shed tears right in front of me. Imagine I'm a man, my heart turned soft when she almost wanted to cry. I signed up the package but i paid using my credit card. Then that lady changed in a split second, she quickly went into the pantry and serve me drink. That sales manager even shaked her BLOODY hands with me.
According to the package, i was required to go down for treatment once a week. This 10 weeks was a horror to my face. I'm telling a truth. I bought their facial products for 120 bucks and was told to use it day and night. Those pimples on my face didn't even get subsized but there were more zits and acnes growing on my face. Can you imagine a face with swollen/reddish pimples and newly grown acnes??? I was mad and i called the centre to ask the reason WHY. She ignored my call a few times, and it was her colleagues who answered my call most of the time. The later i went to the centre and looked for her. She acted busy doing facial for her customers. I was left at the sofa, waiting to talk to her for an hour. Then, later she saw me and smiled at me again. She quickly brought her manager and told me to go into the room again. They asked me to cool down and serve me warm water. That manager told me more pimples popping out were due to the detoxification process. She told me to be patience and the redness will go away soon.
I trusted her as she was the manager. That lady didn't mention any words and just let her manager talking to me. She acts like crying again :s31:
I left the centre but i still felt something was not right and I was like gena cheated by them. I remembered that manager told me no refund as the package was already sold to me. I die die must complete the entire package no matter i liked it or not.
Meanwhile during these 10 treatments, seriously i didn't see any effect on my face besides more pimples popping out and those remaining acnes turned to a bigger pimple. WTF:s27: I almost wanted to bring this issue to CASE but the CASE officers asked me for receipts and any written documents. I was too ignorant coz i didn't even keep those receipts and there're no written documents given by the centre. That time, i realized that i was cheated by the centre for such a lousy, ineffective facial package. Later to my surprise, i found out from my female frenz and those on the flowerpod.com. They also encountered such a tremor from New York Skin(NO) solutions. In fact, that centre was not founded in New York. They make use of the name to attract customers who desperately looking for a solution to their skin problems and the name "New York" sounds more appealing. It was a shocking news to me as I found out from my female frenz that this centre was founded by a Malaysia beauty group which previously encountered many complaints in Malaysia till such an extend, they had to change their names in order to survive. They're a bunch of liars, same group/companies with London Weight Management and Beijing 101.
My face was then becoming worse than before the treatment. More pimples were appearing on my face. My colleagues, frenz and my parents were wondering what did i do on my face. I didn't tell them about that stupid facial centre. I was in a total disappointment till i seek for my 4th treatment in National Skin centre. The antibiotics prescribed by the doctors were able to cure those pimples faster than the facial treatments. Yes, those reddish, swollen pimples were gone but i was left with those ugly scars on my face. I was too afraid to take photos with my frenz, specially comes to close-up shooting. Later, a female colleague of mine recommended me to go and see Dr.Ong at Maple clinic, Tampines. I was amazed by the professionalism of Dr.Ong and she was very patiend answering my questions. I was so regretted to visit New York Skin (NO) solutions. I happened to chat with a female patient in the waiting queue. She told me she also had the same bad encounters at one of the New York Skin branch @White Sands shopping mall. She was frustrated and blacklisted that facial centre ever :s27:
Now i can say that those pimples/acnes scars on my face had lightened. Not that obvious compared to the after-treatment @New York (KA NA SAI) solutions. I have more confidence to join my frenz for gathering and brave enough to take close-up shotting. No or i can say once in a blue month, only small tiny acnes appearing on my face due to exams fever. Otherwise, smooth skin and better complexion :)
Last but no least, my FRIENDLY ADVICE: DO NOT BE THE NEXT VICTIM OF NEW YORK SKIN SOLUTIONS!!! Now they still dare to put on their crappy advertisement on TV, what a horror :mad:
 
Last edited:

user1987

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2007
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
thx kimurayuki for ya advice and ur bad exp in NEW york skin solution..i will go to NSC instead then.. =)
 

maximmaxim

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
you should act fast if you wanna go NSC..um i mean if you wanna get referral as the waiting time can be as long as 2 weeks to 1 month..ya kimurayuki really gave a very explicit description of the NY skin no solution. thankfully, my experience with FIL was wonderful except each treatment is 70bucks n 2x/month, i was drained financially and cant continue with the treatment. But after that i visited NSC n bla bla bla after 6months, the skin was clear and i was discharged. i din leave empty handed, i left with valuable knowledge of skin management, n today i have my facial treatment with a particular facial chain, i use my treatments sparingly(1/month or every other month) as my daily regimes have spared me the visits.

thx kimurayuki for ya advice and ur bad exp in NEW york skin solution..i will go to NSC instead then.. =)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top