Mens Facial Thread...

time2say

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2017
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
this is damn good. i bought it to lighten my acne scars but it ceases away my rosacea more effectively than lightening my acne scars. yes it does lighten a bit just that it requires some time.

1WURJjw.jpg

Whats the ingredients?
 

mepick

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
9,680
Reaction score
18
Heard Drx or IDS Clinic is good, but be prepared to spend over $500+ as they will prescribe several products.
 

Kaposhion

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Anyone got recommendation on where can get a good facial for a reasonable price? A bit embarrassed to go to one with all females. Need a good cleansing for my blackheads.
 

darren89

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,420
Reaction score
0
this is damn good. i bought it to lighten my acne scars but it ceases away my rosacea more effectively than lightening my acne scars. yes it does lighten a bit just that it requires some time.

1WURJjw.jpg


just received this from qoo10. should this be applied after moisturiser?
 

maskingtape

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
0
I have been using SK2 cleanser for 2 years already. Initially I can noticed a huge difference when upgrade from those Nivea/Loreal wash. But recently I noticed that it starts to get a bit dry after wash, and very tight especially in aircon room. Maybe due to aging but I'm not sure if I should stick to SK2 cleanser or go for other brands like Aesop/Sulwhasoo. And no I'm not using any toner/moisturiser for now. Any recommendation?

PS: On most times, my forehead and nose oily, but cheek area (below eyes) are dry and sometimes dry until pink color. People thought I put make-up sia
 
Last edited:
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
499
mine 50 plus like useless, acne keep popping out.
knn its really frustrating when you cant get the regimen right.
 

time2say

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2017
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
mine 50 plus like useless, acne keep popping out.
knn its really frustrating when you cant get the regimen right.

there are many factors to controlling acne than just getting a cleanser.

gotta kill the bacteria - it's caused by a p-acnes bacteria. It can be killed by certain wavelength of light (blue light) and IPL will have a filter for this light or there is a treatment called photodynamic therapy

Then also gotta exfoliate so your pores dont get clogged - thats where the cleansers and exfoliation comes in.

There is also products that can control the production of sebum so your skin not so oily

Once you control all of that your skin can get better but this is a long journey
 

SEvsNK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
22,594
Reaction score
514
24dms8h.jpg


If u like those squeaky clean feeling. But advisable to use toner and moist after as this really takes everything out of your face
 

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
6,549
Reaction score
496
Read that COSRX skincare products is good..... quite cheap at qoo10, maybe can find something useful for your skin problems...
 

Beru Ong

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Facial at Radium Medical Aesthetics - Suntec

You can try Radium Medical Aesthetics at Suntec. There are many facial treatments to choose from! Love it!
Below are some of the facials I like over there =D You may visit their website to choose

- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/hydrapeel
- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/radium-rescue-me
- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/quick-revive
 

Wishingyou

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Yes I have one to recommend. Visit The Best Beauty Centre. They do facial and eyebrow embroidery for man. One of the better salon in singapore.
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
Hi all. Been suffering with acne for 3 years but I went back to my old routine (which kept my face clear) and it's been uphill since. I have a lot of acne marks (red and brown spots, but mostly red spots which are understood as not responding to creams,etc.) so I'm looking to get them lasered away.

Any recommendations for a clinic?

I've been looking at Gangnam Laser Clinic. Their prices are transparent when I emailed them, unlike some who dodge questions and ask you to go down for consultation. I know the prices aren't definite until the doctor has seen my face, but good to at least have a gauge la. I was quoted 10+2 sessions of "pulsed light" for $900+. It actually sounds like the normal laser facial people use for maintaining their faces. Reviews are good, but it doesn't address my problem directly.

Here are the ones that directly acknowledged the acne marks problem and recommended what they thought was suitable in the interim, instead of giving generic advice:

Gangnam Laser Clinic - pulsed light

Chelsea Clinic (same owner as Gangnam) - dual yellow laser

Stephanie Ho Dermatology - vbeam

Dr Tyng Tan Aesthetics and Hair Clinic - mosaic fractional laser

Joyce Lim Skin and Laser Clinic - pulsed dye laser and excel v

I'm specifically looking for vbeam and pulsed dye laser. Both are recommended on /r/SkincareAddiction over at Reddit as the gold standards for red marks removal.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top