Mens Facial Thread...

Genesis

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
1,018
Reaction score
1
Not student la... I think I managed to get my current package because it was new and the receptionists just allowed it haha. Don't think will be so good after my package finishes.

Was told to wait 2 weeks also, but shortest break is 1 week if you stop breaking out from the lasers (if any).

Eyes were covered so the only thing I could distinguish was the carbon laser (the carbon smells kinda gross). Basically we did a little bit of acne (still have some breakouts below jawline) and concentrated mostly on the scars. I asked to increase the intensity of the scars and was warned that it may increase downtime. Opted for it anyway, and I'm glad I did. I always have two days off after 1 work day, and I always go on my first off, so I always have 1.5 days to recover. My redness subsided this morning, but I can feel a new layer of skin growing because the places where he lasered (read: basically my entire face) feel a little rough to touch. The previous time this happened I experienced some peeling, so I think that's a good gauge of whether you actually need the full two weeks or not.

My first 2-3 sessions didn't see much difference also, and I got a few new pimples after one of those sessions also. Not sure if it's related. Try discussing the intensity of the treatment with him if you want. He's very flexible

Can advise the website?
I have a bit of scar on both my cheek also and wanna remove them :(
 

xeonboy

Banned
Joined
Apr 8, 2002
Messages
16,874
Reaction score
7,290
Just wondering, do any of you guys here wear BB cream to work or when going out? Does it make the face look too feminine?
 

Hir0shi

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
173
Reaction score
4
Just wondering, do any of you guys here wear BB cream to work or when going out? Does it make the face look too feminine?

I wear it only when going out because my work environment is not suitable.
Most importantly get a tone that is close to your neck's skin tone if not it will look very unnatural. :)
 

Beru Ong

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Facial at Radium Medical Aesthetics - Suntec

I think can read up before decide which facial is suitable for you.
--> radium-aesthetics.com/best-medi-facials-skin-type/

For me, i loves this!!
--> radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/radium-radiance-signature/
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
Hi all new to this thread. Realise im aging and looking older by the day recently. Never used any other product before other than face wash. Any recommendation to help slow down sagging face skin? Thx

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

Not familiar with any firming treatments, but start with using sunscreen. It'll at least minimize any other aging effects the sun has on our skin
 

zeejayUU

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Hi all new to this thread. Realise im aging and looking older by the day recently. Never used any other product before other than face wash. Any recommendation to help slow down sagging face skin? Thx

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT

Aging and sagging are inevitable part of the aging process. The loss or breakdown of the collagen gets worse as you get older. Products alone won't be enough but is better than nothing.

If you want to stop sagging, you can consider a lifting treatment. You need something to stimulate the collagen to hold up the skin and provide that lifted effect. Depending on the severity, the options are:
1) Laser
2) HIFU
3) Threadlift

I have tried all of them. The best effect was threadlift.
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
Anyone familiar with v-beam lasers or IPL? After much consideration, I think I'd like to try at least 1 alternative treatment session for my red acne marks. Gangnam is cheap, and I'm getting results to a certain degree, but I'd like faster results. I'd say I got about 10%-20% improvement after 5 sessions.
 
Last edited:

Niaoson

Master Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
4,308
Reaction score
6
I've personally tried Gangnam twice and am wondering if they intentionally use a lower power so that their customers need more visits to achieve the same effect that could have been achieved in lesser visits by other clinics? I'm not expecting miracles to happen after one or two treatments but there seems to be no difference at all :s22:
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
I've personally tried Gangnam twice and am wondering if they intentionally use a lower power so that their customers need more visits to achieve the same effect that could have been achieved in lesser visits by other clinics? I'm not expecting miracles to happen after one or two treatments but there seems to be no difference at all :s22:

Thinking that may be the case also... lol

Only on my 4th session did I actually experience any real redness after the session

Edit: On the bright side though, I was given a free partial fractional (that didn't count against the 1 free session of full fractional I was supposed to get) as part of my package. My face looks horrid now, but marks that I remember having on the left side of my face (the side where most of the scabbing has dropped off) are gone.

Kinda mixed feelings. The whole fractional thing makes me feel that the doctor really cares, but ultimately it's the results that really matters.
 
Last edited:

Niaoson

Master Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
4,308
Reaction score
6
Thinking that may be the case also... lol

Only on my 4th session did I actually experience any real redness after the session

Edit: On the bright side though, I was given a free partial fractional (that didn't count against the 1 free session of full fractional I was supposed to get) as part of my package. My face looks horrid now, but marks that I remember having on the left side of my face (the side where most of the scabbing has dropped off) are gone.

Kinda mixed feelings. The whole fractional thing makes me feel that the doctor really cares, but ultimately it's the results that really matters.

I think I know how you feel.

I thought it was very nice of the doctor to combine different kinds of lasers for the different types of problem I had in one session (i.e. only pay for one session). However, in the end, neither of the problems was solved or even improved. So yes, nice gesture but if no results... :s12:
 

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
I think I know how you feel.

I thought it was very nice of the doctor to combine different kinds of lasers for the different types of problem I had in one session (i.e. only pay for one session). However, in the end, neither of the problems was solved or even improved. So yes, nice gesture but if no results... :s12:

:s12:

Did you end up going to another laser clinic? Any recommendations?

Edit: Anyway just an update on the fractional. Most of the scabs have peeled off and my skin looks better now. Still maintain that small amount of fractional has removed a lot of my physical scars.

On an unrelated note, I also notice that the redness of my skin is more dispersed, rather than very distinct red marks. Don't get me wrong, my skin still looks like ****, but it looks like at least my routine and/or the lasers are doing something.
 
Last edited:

triface

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
601
Reaction score
17
Hada Labo hydrating milk if you need something heavier, Simple's light moisturiser if you're prone to CCs. I'm using the Simple atm and find it a little too light.

I'm left with a few droplets of the hydrating milk and I'm considering repurchasing it.
 
Last edited:

Sharonbump

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Me and my Husband passby East Point Mall yesterday and saw the grand opening for the best beauty centre. I tried their detox facial and my husband got the tcm massage. Both is pretty good. Furthermore it's only $20 each! Super good deal.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top