Mens Facial Thread...

Thong29

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Hi Thong

How many sessions of chemical peel did u undergo? I have got acne and pimple scars which i think will not be able to get rid of by normal applications of healing cream and thus thinking of going for peels as well. I have been maintaining my facial cleansing regime and everything is good except for the left over scars, was wondering any other way to lighten or get rid of the scars , mine are not very deep scars, have though of laser surgery but its damn exp :(

hi, I did many times. For half to 1 year. Perhaps u dun go for so many times. Else I recommend doing vpl, not ipl. Can cure! Works for some of friends. U can try but ex. This really works.
 

Thong29

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
how much are each session of laser?

the vpl is about $120. The aha peeling was done abt 12 years ago so I forgot. Now my acnes are gone. Slight uneven skin, not very deep scar. If I apply bebeco bb cream, my face looks like almost perfect. Just that if u see closely u can still tell I suffer from acne before.
 

SufferingMan

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2010
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
I was given differin retacnyl and deoxyline pills for 2 months, but instead of getting better, my face got worst.

so doc suggested isotretinoin, which after noticing the side effects, i'm unwilling to take it.

so i came across the chemical peels and thought of it. and after 2 weeks of not applying any stuff except washing my face, my face got better instead (got couple of small one popping out sometimes) ! but the hyper pigmentation is still alive and kicking, thats my current main problem. addon, mild scars too
 

Thong29

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
I was given differin retacnyl and deoxyline pills for 2 months, but instead of getting better, my face got worst.

so doc suggested isotretinoin, which after noticing the side effects, i'm unwilling to take it.

so i came across the chemical peels and thought of it. and after 2 weeks of not applying any stuff except washing my face, my face got better instead (got couple of small one popping out sometimes) ! but the hyper pigmentation is still alive and kicking, thats my current main problem. addon, mild scars too

if I rem correctly I had retacnyl before. If that is the one, it is supposed To Be stronger than isotretinoin. It dried up my face totally until the extent the skin peels off like after sunburn ur skin peel except no redness. No oil secretion at all. But I consider too expensive as I bought from a private practitioner. $200 a mth. NSC shld be cheaper.

So u have started the chemical peel? Perhaps dun do too much.
 

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
14,044
Reaction score
761
Anyone has any recommendations for moisturizer? about $20+ - $30 perhaps

I'm currently using the Simple hydrating light moisturizer, but find it to be too 'light'

I have dry skin, and even after using it, about 1 or 2hrs later, can see the dryness appearing already.
 

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
40,166
Reaction score
2,403
I think i know where haf bb cream le just found in tampines mall -.- sian
errr the skinfood. at tampines mall second floor. dont think they sell bbcream for men but mostly is unisex one,not sure bout their color tone for unisex if its okay anot?

skinfood bb cream got 2 tone, 1 lighter and another 1 darker (which might be suitable for men).
 

divasion

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
11
i tried le...the darker tone still very light...got one gal on youtube lighter than me,her skin colour,she use the darker shade still very light.LOL..

i know some exclusive to men de bbcream also very light..

den i saw this
Picture%2B9.jpg

not only got beige,still got so many colour..cant even find those brand
btw just to give u all a rough idea my skin colour
IMG_1603.jpg
 

Thong29

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Anyone has any recommendations for moisturizer? about $20+ - $30 perhaps

I'm currently using the Simple hydrating light moisturizer, but find it to be too 'light'

I have dry skin, and even after using it, about 1 or 2hrs later, can see the dryness appearing already.

for your case, you can try using bebeco water drop sleeping essential pack at night to add moisture to your face. During the day, use plant vita or orange vita emulsion with their hydro cream or orange vita vita cream or aqua cream. This is applied after the emulsion to add more moisture to your face. To enhance the effect, you should use essence or what they called serum to lock your moisture.
 

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
9,601
Reaction score
838
i got unsightly scars on my nose, any efficient ways to remove them permanently.

no bb cream as it only covers them temporarily
 

crashed

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
570
Reaction score
10
hi guys

i'm using Simple's Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash. is it suitable for daily usage? or is Simples's Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel more suitable?

i'll use Simple's Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner after that before applying BP 2.5%. I'm still searching for a suitable alcohol free moisturiser for use after applying BP, any recommendations?

perhaps maximmaxim can help? he/she seems really knowledgeable when it comes to facial care products :D

TIA!
 

stylemen

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
837
Reaction score
0
Review on Dr Wu Homme facial products

It is being sold at SELECTED watsons outlet but you can get them at town areas. i doubt neighbourhood watsons outlet carry this since i have check its availability at Ang Mo Kio Watsons Outlet.

At first, i bought the Travel set comprising of the cleanser, toner, moisturizer and the cream. After using it for 4 days, my forehead bumps(clogged pores) disappear and my face was magically cleared up. Thus after using up the travel set after two weeks, i bought the whole set except the toner as i still have 19/20 of the toner left from the travel set. This set me back by $102.

However, my face remains clear for only 6 days. I guess my face got used to the product and clogged pores begin appearing on my forehead again.

Currently using the product for 1 month and 2 weeks and i feel it only improve my condition by 10%? It is also plain troublesome to apply 3 product on your face after cleansing and takes determination if you want to see your face cleared. Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize, Apply cream.

My personal opinion regarding DR WU HOMME: Not worth the price peg to the product as the results is little/insignificant. The active ingredients mentioned did little to alleviate my skin conditions.

My skin conditions before using DR WU HOMME: few clogged pores on the forehead, 8 acne scars on right cheeks, left cheeks was quite clear

MY skin conditions after using DR WU HOMME(acne: few clogged pores on forehead, right cheeks with whiteheads and more new scars, scars on left cheeks after using the products.

All in all, i personally felt that DR WU HOMME was ridiculously priced and felt the $120 could be better spend on other products/ dermatologist. Just my 2 cents. I am not bias against this brand even if it did not helped me with my conditions. Just felt it could be better priced.

Anyway, the good things about this is that it comes with the travel set. Meaning you can try it out first before commiting. But if you landed in the same situation as me whereby your face condition returned after buying the complete set, we are just sway!

For more information about DR WU HOMME, here is the link. http://evance.com.sg/products-wgc.htm

Currently just hoping to finish the set before the end of this month as i am going to enlist in Nov. Will not have the time to wait and apply the troublesome three steps once inside tekong. haha
 
Last edited:

titan36

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
wts: skin 79 hot pink bb cream

Hi all,

i am selling brand new skin79 bb creams. pls me me if interested!

whitening, sun protection and anti aging
easy to blend
coverage great
xcpv9xh7be5ys0hm6b1dvz9.jpg
 

stylemen

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
837
Reaction score
0
Thong29: Hi. I want to try out bebeco skincare product but am hesitant about using AT-series/ Men triple essence. I am prone to whiteheads(forehead) and clogged pores on the forehead. And of course a few pimple on the face as well.

As i am entering the NS soon, i thought the men triple essence would be useful since it is hassle free. However, i doubt its ability to keep my skin condition in bay.

What do you suggest?

Warmest regards,
Stylemen
 

Thong29

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Thong29: Hi. I want to try out bebeco skincare product but am hesitant about using AT-series/ Men triple essence. I am prone to whiteheads(forehead) and clogged pores on the forehead. And of course a few pimple on the face as well.

As i am entering the NS soon, i thought the men triple essence would be useful since it is hassle free. However, i doubt its ability to keep my skin condition in bay.

What do you suggest?

Warmest regards,
Stylemen


Hi Styleman, going to the army is a killer! It will destroy a guy's face! ahhaha.. good luck. So you have to take care...

If you don't have acne problem, I think Men Triple Skin Essence is good. Else you have to use AC-T-Line.

Clogged pores... hmm.. how often do you wash your face. I think it wasn't clean thoroughly. Do you use scrub occasionally? I recommend you to use the cleansing gel or lotion or oil u know girls used to remove makeup? I think it helps me to clean my face thoroughly because I am also using sunblock. But I only use it once a week when i feel my face is very dirty. Use the cleansing gel etc, then facial wash then use a scrub. You can try Bebeco Peeling gel. I think is good! Best if u put mask once in awhile. But i think we guys cant be bothered. so depends on u.

Since u are going army, then u get the Men triple skin essence, put it day and night. Helps to keep the face matt and not so oily.

But i think u need to get a good sunblock... but i don't know you have time for that in the army. if you are bothered with your pimples, can try the controller. works for me.

Just my suggestion.
 

raindow

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
Well, i am in army now. is really getting worse and worse. now have to recover back hais. So guys have and good and cheap for army guys. like nivea, neutrogena. which NTUC can be buy from. thanks!!
 

Thong29

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Well, i am in army now. is really getting worse and worse. now have to recover back hais. So guys have and good and cheap for army guys. like nivea, neutrogena. which NTUC can be buy from. thanks!!

like u said is getting worse. So does nivea and neutrogena really work? Hmmm...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top