Microsoft Surface

evershineoptical

Reaction score
HArd to visualize by words...can take a snapshot and post here? picture speaks a thousand words :p

64mi6s.jpg

can you see the curvature ? or is it a dent ???

and also, anyone notice the light bleeding issue ? on a dark screen, you can see light out of the edges of the screen

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s11: No why would I want to compare with a phone?

MacBook air is for 2 years warranty leh. Surface pro extended warranty is for 1 year.

This is what I see when I registered and try to buy the extended warranty online through the https://myservice.surface.com

Microsoft Complete - 1 Year Extended Service Plan with ADP for Surface Pro 3

Plan covers hardware malfunctions and technical support for 1 additional year on top of the manufacturer's warranty. Also covers up to 2 instances of accidental damage during the coverage period. Deductible payment required for damage claims. Plan covers Surface tablets only - keyboards and accessories not covered by plan. Other exclusions apply. Review contract terms and conditions for details.

Subtotal(Tax exclusive) SGD 214.02

Can't be, see above which was extracted from MS online registration

Got, see above. But I don't know what does this mean "Deductible payment required for damage claims."

It's only a nominal sum of 50 usd for each replacement. Getting the warranty is a no brainier.

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88132080 said:
I realised once u put the pen holder on, doesn't seem like it can be removed hor? mine seems cemented liao :s22:...wanted to adjust the position.

i actually removed it and move it from the right side to the left side

evershineoptical

Reaction score
Looks warped to me

the whole screen is liked warped man...except the bottom, top and sides looked "curved"....that's why when the type cover is closed, it doesn't lie flat with the screen....or is it supposed to me like that ?:s11:

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the whole screen is liked warped man...except the bottom, top and sides looked "curved"....that's why when the type cover is closed, it doesn't lie flat with the screen....or is it supposed to me like that ?:s11:

Contact your retailer and get a new set swap.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
64mi6s.jpg

can you see the curvature ? or is it a dent ???

and also, anyone notice the light bleeding issue ? on a dark screen, you can see light out of the edges of the screen

Mine seems to be similar. Did you get yours at Digital Style Suntec?

evershineoptical

Reaction score
when you put your surface pro on a flat surface, is the whole thing supposed to lie flat on a flat surface or is it curved on one part as shown in the picture ?

P1030365.jpg

the back part of the screen also curved ????

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when you put your surface pro on a flat surface, is the whole thing supposed to lie flat on a flat surface or is it curved on one part as shown in the picture ?

P1030365.jpg

Mine is not as bad. If possible, I suggest exchanging to a new one. It's supposed to be straight as shown at Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later | Adobe Flex Journal (see http://www.dotnetmafia.com/blogs/dotnettipoftheday/SurfacePro3VentView_thumb_3BD2C426.jpg)

echoblue

Reaction score

P1030365.jpg

My surface is not as curved as yours but definitely not totally flat when laid on a table. The side where the power button is. Maybe its because of the long grey plastic that makes it curve? I noticed the plastic is flat compared to the metal beside it.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suppose if most of you are having the same problems, i dont need to exchange.

Ice_Latte

Reaction score
Waiting for surface pro 4 :s13:

When they refine their ntrig stylus and flatten their surfaces :o

Evershine go exchange your sp3. The curved surface is not even "evenly" curved from your photos. Definitely a defective tablet. Could use paint and circle the part in red but I think it's quite obvious.

Last edited:

evershineoptical

Reaction score
I suppose if most of you are having the same problems, i dont need to exchange.

The problem is, is that a problem or is it made like that ? SO many people here bought the surface pro, can you guys help verify ? if not i will have to go see their demo set and see if it's like that also.

Do they have demo set at Funan or comex now ?

I pre ordered online, i suppose if want to exchange also do it online. will have a chat with their CS next week.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problem is, is that a problem or is it made like that ? SO many people here bought the surface pro, can you guys help verify ? if not i will have to go see their demo set and see if it's like that also.

Do they have demo set at Funan or comex now ?

Even the online review at Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later | Adobe Flex Journal shows that the center of the screen is slightly bent inwards, although it is definitely more straight. Looks like a manufacturing issue.

sianz

Reaction score
Now that you mention the curve mine is slightly curved at the back, but not as bad as evershine opticals one. I have 2 more sets at home later I go see if those have a slight curvature too..maybe our singapore heat bend the metal!

miragez

Reaction score
Guys mine also curve, this i brought direct from ms store from pre-order, my guess is probably their design lei.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My US set is totally flat on the table, no curves. It looks like manufacturing defect.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.