Microsoft Surface

jace88

Reaction score
Just bought the Surface Pro 4. Anyone knows where I can find some good covers/sleeves for it? I already have the Type Cover but I was thinking of getting a sleeve for it to put in my bag. Cheers!

If just a sleeve, doesn't need to be that device specific since they'll usually be a little bit stretchable and have some buffer. (i.e. an SP3 or Macbook Air sleeve probably will work). Seems to be a lot available online though so didn't buy one yet.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still using a Surface Pro 2 updated to Windows 10. May I know which the best way/software to run Android OS on it ? Hardware functions like wifi, touch screen, speakers camera etc needs to be working.

Aware of AMIDuOS, BlueStacks, RemixOS, but which is recommended ?
Thanks in advance for any useful feedback !

FatBomb

Reaction score
Is anyone kind enough to share how servicing is like?
What did they require and was it a 1:1 refurbish exchange or standard servicing waiting time?

Thanks in advance :)

mindgamey

Reaction score
Surface 3 IT SHow 2016 promo only got free pen, disappointed.

Microsoft%20Tablets%2C%20Surface%203%2C%20Surface%20Pro%204%2C%20Office%20365%20Home%2C%20365%20Personal%2C%20Home%20n%20Student%202016%2C%20Home%20n%20Business%202016%2C%20Free%20Bluetooth%20Mouse.jpg

Yep not compelling

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Want to ask this about my Surface 3.

So, after enduring the "drag" on the pen cos I'm using a film screen protector, I decided to pay up the $69 that Microsoft charge for the tempered glass screen protector it sells on its website.

It arrived last night and immediately I put it on.

To my horror, the sensitivity of the screen seems to disappear. I can't use touch on it unless I press very hard. And, sometimes, the number on the number pad (pin sign on) will remain in pressed mode. No issue with using the pen though.

Can anyone advise is this normal? I'm running Windows 10 on my Surface. Or is there any settings that I should change after applying the tpsg?

$69 is a lot to pay for something that will "deactivate" the touch screen.

Thanks for reading.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Want to ask this about my Surface 3.

So, after enduring the "drag" on the pen cos I'm using a film screen protector, I decided to pay up the $69 that Microsoft charge for the tempered glass screen protector it sells on its website.

It arrived last night and immediately I put it on.

To my horror, the sensitivity of the screen seems to disappear. I can't use touch on it unless I press very hard. And, sometimes, the number on the number pad (pin sign on) will remain in pressed mode. No issue with using the pen though.

Can anyone advise is this normal? I'm running Windows 10 on my Surface. Or is there any settings that I should change after applying the tpsg?

$69 is a lot to pay for something that will "deactivate" the touch screen.

Thanks for reading.

If you have 'drag' issue, should've just change the pen tip will do, 14 bucks. But tempered glass do feel nicer.

Just wondering, is your touchscreen less responsive due to win10 or just generally slower, when you touch the screen is there a round popup?

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Hi,

When I press on the screen, I need to exert force before the touch would be registered. I do see the round pop-up when I do that though.

Really headache.. Now I'm using it with the stylus which is working fine.

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
Argh...

I tried re-calibrating the screen for touch and instead of fixing it, it got worst. I had to reset the calibration to get it back to at least work a bit.

This is the 3rd screen protector (and 2nd TGSP) that I had applied on my Surface 3 and only the film SP work without an issue.

My set is still under warranty but it's still in a very good condition and I would hate to get back a refurbished unit instead.

Any advice?

Thanks for reading...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why would you be getting a refurbished set?

just tear of the screen protector and it should he fine.

or if you wanna get a refund, bring it to msstore and show them their tempered glass is causing insensitivity on your sp3.

Reborns

Reaction score
Argh...

I tried re-calibrating the screen for touch and instead of fixing it, it got worst. I had to reset the calibration to get it back to at least work a bit.

This is the 3rd screen protector (and 2nd TGSP) that I had applied on my Surface 3 and only the film SP work without an issue.

My set is still under warranty but it's still in a very good condition and I would hate to get back a refurbished unit instead.

Any advice?

Thanks for reading...

so sorry to hear this

when i first install Healing Shield for Surface Pro 3
it will also have drag
this is because the sp have 1 adhesive on it
after approx 1-2 weeks of normal usage without the pen

the drag will disappear.. i have been using the Healing Shield SP since day one leh..

clement1987

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering if anybody is experiencing any issues with their Surface Pro 3?

Bought my SP3 in Dec 15, over the past 3 months, constantly getting BSOD for various issues, memory management, network, etc, etc.
This week, I went and restore/recover windows 10 to default and now I cannot even update the Surface because my wifi network is damn slow (on my phone and everything else goes to 100Mpbs, on SP3 cannot even breach 1mpbs).

Is there a way for me to fix this or should I send to Microsoft to fix?

Only 3 months old so still under warranty.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think it's at asperia, near to lavender mrt.

google it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.