Microsoft Surface

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
waiting for somebody with surface pro to install it. wouldn't be surprise if the s/w is somehow incompatible with win 8.

skysim71

Reaction score
Why not? :s13: It runs Windows 8 Pro with Intel i5 processor.
Definitely a yes.

it because of the harddisk space invlove cause pro the most is only 128gb?
any pro user can help to try to install and let us know? if possible with pic please.

thank you

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
it because of the harddisk space invlove cause pro the most is only 128gb?
any pro user can help to try to install and let us know? if possible with pic please.

thank you

wp20130604002.jpg

screenshot2jib.png

Runs great, one thing I hate is the massive amount of bloatware they install together :(

ilovekitty

Reaction score
wow i install the qvod player in my surface pro. so many chinese pop up. can watch movie with it. install ok

lippy75

Reaction score
wow i install the qvod player in my surface pro. so many chinese pop up. can watch movie with it. install ok

Wow wow wow tq tq tq

I will join the surface pro group soon..

Anyway which place can I get a good deal for the pro. I go now :s12:

skysim71

Reaction score
any bro here can let me know is there any promotion for surface pro? any free gift? and if there is a promotion of surface pro this pc show? i went to one challenger they told me no free gifts no pc show also?
any advice?

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
My set comes with a Samsung one..

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_SAMSUNG&Prod_MZMPC128HBFU-000\4&1f1011ff&0&000000 was configured.

Driver Name: disk.inf
Class GUID: {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 6.2.9200.16384
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: disk_install.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0005
Matching Device ID: GenDisk
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false

man Samsung :( I'd prefer Seagate or WD. This company is known for its cheap ****

Last edited:

xiaoyuji

Master Member
Reaction score
Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_SAMSUNG&Prod_MZMPC128HBFU-000\4&1f1011ff&0&000000 was configured.

Driver Name: disk.inf
Class GUID: {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 6.2.9200.16384
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: disk_install.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0005
Matching Device ID: GenDisk
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false

man Samsung :( I'd prefer Seagate or WD. This company is known for its cheap ****

Btw samsung is owned by seagate.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone with RT, can it connect with a USB dock to plug more devices?

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm.
don't think i'll be getting this anytime soon.
coz don't really use a tablet.

so will rather haswell version, so that i might replace my ultrabook next year.

Imperado

Reaction score
for the surface pro, understand it run on I5 rather then atom thus I believe the battery life is much shorter.. around how long is battery life with general usage?

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
for the surface pro, understand it run on I5 rather then atom thus I believe the battery life is much shorter.. around how long is battery life with general usage?

For me using tablet for school usage, I on it at 8.30 am and I left less than 20% at 2.30 pm.. mainly use it to do elearning online, reading pdf, and casual surfing. In between got lunch break of 1 hour which I never use it and on power saver mode. So is 5 hours with power saver mode.

aural

Reaction score
For me using tablet for school usage, I on it at 8.30 am and I left less than 20% at 2.30 pm.. mainly use it to do elearning online, reading pdf, and casual surfing. In between got lunch break of 1 hour which I never use it and on power saver mode. So is 5 hours with power saver mode.

I assume your wifi is on all the time. Also what is roughly your brightness setting?

Also any problem with the heat? My colleague's friend told her to not buy as it was very hot. Her friend has bought one set not from Sg.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
I assume your wifi is on all the time. Also what is roughly your brightness setting?

Also any problem with the heat? My colleague's friend told her to not buy as it was very hot. Her friend has bought one set not from Sg.

I find the heat relatively okay. Its meant to be like an ultrabook, and not tablet anyway. Just in a tablet form factor.

For me. My brightness is set to 30%, and I can usually use it for Visual Studio around 3 hours.
normal web surfing will be closer to 5.

uplorry

Suspended
Reaction score
Bought it during the launch evening , so I missed out on the 3G wireless freebie. I got mine 128gb with the type cover and overall experience is pleasant but the low battery life is to be expected since it runs on ultrabook specs.

So far it serves well as a hybrid of both PC and tablet. I bought this mainly to test it's capability to play some online games which my gaming laptop is far too heavy to be ferried around. Work wise, it's very adequate for most tasks like emails, internet, etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.