Microsoft Surface

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as with all the price drops...seems like surface 2 is planned for later this year.

Surface Pro 2 ready to go with an adjustable kickstand and improved battery life | The Verge

with the main changes in:

adjustable kickstand (2 adjustable angle)
uses new Haswell chips
8gb ram
improved battery life by 2hrs

power cover (cover/keyboard/batt)

hope that's not just all the improvement.
and seriously, 2hrs improvement is not enough. 4hrs improvement is more respectable and more like it.
hope they also up the storage too.

Last edited:

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the surface rt microsoft Office words have spell checker and grammar checker just like the Office Suite for Windows...

GloveK8

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im still deciding whether to get the surface RT or some other android tablets.. Maybe u guys can help me out, I used to own a Huawei mediapad, but my only use for it was to watch videos or maybe read documents, didnt play a lot of games...

So right now Im thinking of getting the surface RT with type cover at $393 (student deal) for school and video (movies, drama, or nba matches..)

I will use a lot of excel, word, ppt for my final 2 semesters in school.. Also, Im rather sian of having to bring my laptop plus charger to school liao (almost 3 kg added together).. But with only 2 semesters left, Im thinking whether I should just get a MIC tablet plus those cheapo keyboards..

Anyone have use the RT extensively for its office software can give some comments on it? Thanks guys!

bazingaman

Reaction score
Hey guys, im still deciding whether to get the surface RT or some other ...
Anyone have use the RT extensively for its office software can give some comments on it? Thanks guys!

I've used it for a week before turned back to lenovo x230. Reason: Efficiency with laptop typing, quick jump lists etc. Especially with excel and power point and having fat fingers doesn't help either. So you might find it easier to carry a tab, but for me it can't replace laptop. Especially with MS Office work.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I've used it for a week before turned back to lenovo x230. Reason: Efficiency with laptop typing, quick jump lists etc. Especially with excel and power point and having fat fingers doesn't help either. So you might find it easier to carry a tab, but for me it can't replace laptop. Especially with MS Office work.

Depends on whether you used a type or touch cover as well.

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score

I love the keyboard of thinkpads! The best option is to get type keyboard to pair with surface. I find it still great for office apps

elmaxxx

Reaction score
Quick question: Where can i get extensions for surface pro cheap?
(pen, vga cable, ethernet cable, they are 44, 58 and 58 as I've found)

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
likely i'll get the surface pro 2 when it comes out.
but will still wait for battery life confirmation first, coz based on the 2hr improvement...still not good enough imo.

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
guess will skip surface 2 and wait for surface 3... :(

natureview02

Reaction score
Anyone have tried using Apple bluetooth keyboard with Surface RT? Will this be a better option than spending $183 for the type cover?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.