Microsoft Surface

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was told by Microsoft rep in Marine Parade that VLC have released for RT...but googled, but still not for RT... :(

vesfreq

Reaction score
been using the surface pro bought last week. One of the best tablet/PC.

The type cover is highly recommended. Lucky I bought the SP rather then sony duo 11 or 13. Save me some money.

what I dun like is no HDMI and Ethernet port :(.

The full hd panel is nice. and OS booting is really fast thanks to the SSD, and less bloatware in the surface pro.

Sadly Microsoft disregard our market. Hopefully they can learn from Apple.

Sadly the Store market apps is really pathetic. Hopefully they can catch up with android and apple.

Unfortunately, you need to pay for that adaptor thing to be able to hook up to external HDMI display. I paid 50 bucks for that adaptor to have vga output, not sure what you call it. Basically, so that I can use the projector to output the SP1 screen.

SSD has a pathetic size and not easy to upgrade. If they could be smarter to realise that 64gb/ 128 gb is tiny still.....

Does Store market even exist? lol. Its as good as don't have. lol.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sadly Microsoft disregard our market. Hopefully they can learn from Apple.

Sadly the Store market apps is really pathetic. Hopefully they can catch up with android and apple.

maybe it's our market disregard MS

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is both sides of the coin. So far, I think Samsung and Apple has the biggest pie. While Singapore population is not huge, we have huge buying power. When u cannot even conquer a small country, how to fight in countries like China and India. Seriously no joke. Haha

vesfreq

Reaction score
Is screen protector needed for this tablet?

Supposedly don't need cos its gorilla glass. Think one of the guys on this thread used tempered glass. I m using protective film, more cos I use the digitiser quite a lot.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've personally seen tempered glass film on mobile phone before. It's very clear and somehow fingerprint resistant. But the price at $50 isn't worth for me. I'll go for plastic film too. Now I'm thinking where can I go to when I gotten my surface 2.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use tempered glass on my iPhone and it cracks and chip off. Not perfect. Hahaha! Screen protector don't feel as good but not as fragile

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
I use tempered glass on my iPhone and it cracks and chip off. Not perfect. Hahaha! Screen protector don't feel as good but not as fragile

hmm, not sure how you used your phone or which type if glass (although i've heard of those glasses which cracks at the edges as they are not the rounded type.)....but for mine, i also use a bumper.

and i'm pretty rough, phone drops from desk to floor and knocks, but still ok.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Surface Pro 2. Where to get in Singapore?

Does it support note taking like Note Pro? Using the S Note now so will like to use something equivalent to it.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Surface Pro 2. Where to get in Singapore?

Does it support note taking like Note Pro? Using the S Note now so will like to use something equivalent to it.

it support OneNote, or if you prefer Photoshop or Paint.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I've personally seen tempered glass film on mobile phone before. It's very clear and somehow fingerprint resistant. But the price at $50 isn't worth for me. I'll go for plastic film too. Now I'm thinking where can I go to when I gotten my surface 2.

I got the film for my Pro2 at Adix for $12. Help to stick for you too.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the film for my Pro2 at Adix for $12. Help to stick for you too.

Thanks, shall check it out when I got my surface 2. I just finished sewing a "felt" texture sleeve for my arriving surface 2 this month. :p

vesfreq

Reaction score
OneNote more superior

The features are so good. Can export the writings into the major common formats, esp pdf. And, can import from most source files.

I use it for presentations and it cuts the time needs to scan and upload. Now, the moment finish presentation can export and upload. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.