Microsoft Surface

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked the internet and Anker Astro Pro 20000 supports the Surface Pro with the "adaptor" of course.
I will be dropping by SLS later also to check the availability of these sockets.
maybe indian shop has it...hahaha

For the adaptor, forgot the link.
Just go ebay site and type "Surface power adaptor". :D

Last edited:

whiteflag

Reaction score
I checked the internet and Anker Astro Pro 20000 supports the Surface Pro with the "adaptor" of course.
I will be dropping by SLS later also to check the availability of these sockets.
maybe indian shop has it...hahaha

For the adaptor, forgot the link.
Just go ebay site and type "Surface power adaptor". :D

i can't find. all i see are car adaptor chargers

redoctober83

Reaction score
may not be totally related. but i had my pro2 using type cover 2.
put it to sleep on tue night and it seemed ok. morning still had about 80% left.

but the following night wed night, i had plugged in a usb external drive with ethernet port via the usb hub. when i woke up, it was left with about 20%.

gonna try again and see if it was the usb devices draining it.

USB devices will definitely drain the battery as they are designed to draw a minimum amount of current when connected. However, the type cover should not drain the battery at all!

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been playing some games on the Pro. PES2014, Diablo3...
Awesome.

Reaction score
Hi All, am in US right now, considering if I should get the Surface Pro 2 256GB or the Dell Venue 11 Pro?

Any recommendations is really welcomed. Really in a dilemma now.

i really think the surface pro 2 wins hands down. power of a desktop and laptop (for work) and the portability of a tablet.

WIN! how much is it over there? can tompang? haha

Reaction score
may not be totally related. but i had my pro2 using type cover 2.
put it to sleep on tue night and it seemed ok. morning still had about 80% left.

but the following night wed night, i had plugged in a usb external drive with ethernet port via the usb hub. when i woke up, it was left with about 20%.

gonna try again and see if it was the usb devices draining it.

did you buy ur pro 2 online? the charger must buy a transformer?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i really think the surface pro 2 wins hands down. power of a desktop and laptop (for work) and the portability of a tablet.

WIN! how much is it over there? can tompang? haha

Yeah, also need the Pro 2 256Gb. Can tompang also? hahahaha

vesfreq

Reaction score
oh ok, so the only diff is that there is no local warranty for it i guess?

I'm also thinking of importing a SP2. Warranty may not be the biggest headache. Buying new should be safe. More worried about which online retailer is reliable enough to buy from.

Did anyone here buy SP2 online from USA? Has anyone tried Amazon or Ebay?

vesfreq

Reaction score
Yeah, also need the Pro 2 256Gb. Can tompang also? hahahaha

Lol. I also want. :s13: On the brink of ordering from MS store or Amazon.

From what I notice, there is a silent upgrade of SP2 from the 1.6 Haswell to 1.9 version. If buy the 256gb version, how to tell if that model is the higher spec 1.9 ghz model?

Last edited:

derekcai

Reaction score
bought from a forummer here.
he bought in Jan. no need transformer. except the plug is those flat 2 pin types.

My surface pro1 charger also, luckily can change the head since its detachable. Changed with a 3 pin one that is a few times longer. The default is really very very short. I bought the surface rt charger for portability but end up using it at home because the cable is ~1m long :s11:

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
My surface pro1 charger also, luckily can change the head since its detachable. Changed with a 3 pin one that is a few times longer. The default is really very very short. I bought the surface rt charger for portability but end up using it at home because the cable is ~1m long :s11:

can share where you bought that? :)

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
I switched with my ps3 power cable, not sure where to purchase.

GREAT! i have a faulty ps3 lying around. Thanks!

edit: lol. short lived happiness. my ps3 is the old 1st gen one, 3 pin direct to the console. cannot fit.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.