Microsoft Surface

miragez

Reaction score
:eek:...... Microsoft store, now have 30 percent on their type cover with every purchase of their Surface Pro 3.... I pre-order it too early....:s13: That's another 30 dollar savings....

kenshinz

Reaction score
:eek:...... Microsoft store, now have 30 percent on their type cover with every purchase of their Surface Pro 3.... I pre-order it too early....:s13: That's another 30 dollar savings....

30% is student offer I think, and the way Microsoft counts the discount its actually only 28%. Well better than nothing I guess.

$183 take 10% off (student offer) = $164.70
$164.70 take another 20% off = $131.76

miragez

Reaction score
If pre-order now from funan, can get 1 Tb hard disk as freebies. But IT show next month..... Don't know will give more freebies anot

How I wish the freebies can be their type cover... I guess that's probably in my dreams.... If they offer free screen protector, memory microsd card, would be useful. But these freebies like never happen, same for the surface pro 1 they other time when they sold in special IT events.

30% is student offer I think, and the way Microsoft counts the discount its actually only 28%. Well better than nothing I guess.

I guess they want to make it cheaper due to competition from their dealers such as Challenger, Harvey Norman and Newstead as they offering vouchers for something. Therefore for student they make it cheaper to target the student more.... But they should do it for the entire stream of users.

Any latest update on where the demo sets will continue to display on their shelf after this coming Sunday....

Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Very tempted to buy sp3 128gb, especially since I am entitled to the student discount. However, I already have IPad mini with Retina and a MacBook Air. Wondering if I will eventually be using it enough or whether it will end up collecting dust . Love the pen for Photoshop and thinking of using it to take notes..... but my handwriting sucks lol

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh btw, when can I expect delivery if I order online? It is stated that it will only be released on 1 Sept. Will I be receiving it on 1 Sept or do I have to wait another 5 to 7 days? I am guessing 1 Sept since it is released on 26 Aug and delivery is taken into consideration when they state 1 Sept? Pls advise. Thanks

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Took the plunge and ordered the surface pro 3 128GB with red cover at student price! Pls arrive by 28th Aug.. Lol.

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
if you pre-order from Microsoft Website and pay using Paypal via OCBC FRANC credit card , then you will get further 6% rebate.

I feel this is the best combo.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
if you pre-order from Microsoft Website and pay using Paypal via OCBC FRANC credit card , then you will get further 6% rebate.

I feel this is the best combo.

Which month will be the payment be posted? Next month? Need to plan to maximize the rebates.

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
Very good question, I have check with Microsoft that your credit card amount will only be debited when a set has been allocated to you and schedule for delivery.

According to the current info and timeline, rebate should be in August since delivery is promise before Sept.

hotyrole

Reaction score
good info.

Best Discount
so Frank Card with Student discount expiring this 15 Aug

Anyone else with better options ?

lockks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Where is this discount? Got link

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Do note the OCBC Frank card rebate is capped at $60 max a month

Thanks. It is the 6% that is capped at $60. Anything beyond $1k online spend will earn 0.5%.

BTW, is direct credit card at MS considered online spend? Or need to charge to PayPal to consider online spend. Problem is PayPal post date may be a few days difference. If not in time, Will also affect my 360 account's interests.

If not, Will play safe and charge $500 first and just earn $30 rebate from the surface.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks. It is the 6% that is capped at $60. Anything beyond $1k online spend will earn 0.5%.

BTW, is direct credit card at MS considered online spend? Or need to charge to PayPal to consider online spend. Problem is PayPal post date may be a few days difference. If not in time, Will also affect my 360 account's interests.

If not, Will play safe and charge $500 first and just earn $30 rebate from the surface.

Hi there!

I'm afraid it depends on how Masterpass & Paypal codes their transactions with us. When you charge your card with MS & Paypal, the merchant decides whether to code it as an online transaction or not

If you've done a purchase with MS before using one of your OCBC credit cards, we can always do a check for you.

^Shereen

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.