Military Expert

Aliensurge

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Hello guys. Currently im a 3sg and ive been thinking of signing on. I will ORD in about 3 months time. I am interested in signing on as an army engineer under the mdes scheme. I have a part time uni placing that will commence in january 2020. If i do decided to sign, can I work as a ME1 while studying and upon graduation, will I become a ME4? Is it better to graduate uni and apply for the ME4 army engineer mdes scheme? NOTE, i only applying for army engineer. Not airforce or navy (because of race).

Any information shared will be greatly appreciated!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hello guys. Currently im a 3sg and ive been thinking of signing on. I will ORD in about 3 months time. I am interested in signing on as an army engineer under the mdes scheme. I have a part time uni placing that will commence in january 2020. If i do decided to sign, can I work as a ME1 while studying and upon graduation, will I become a ME4? Is it better to graduate uni and apply for the ME4 army engineer mdes scheme? NOTE, i only applying for army engineer. Not airforce or navy (because of race).

Any information shared will be greatly appreciated!

Graduate uni first is always a better bet. Also you do sure cannot qualify because of race? Hearsay or they told you specifically? Stated in B&W?
 
Last edited:

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,278
Reaction score
15,917
By engineers, you mean the army combat engineers ?

You mentioned you cannot qualify for the other two services because of race. Might want to check if the same disqualification applies for the engineer corps.
 

Aliensurge

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
By engineers, you mean the army combat engineers ?

You mentioned you cannot qualify for the other two services because of race. Might want to check if the same disqualification applies for the engineer corps.

Engineers under the mdes scheme is more towards the maintenance side. Not army combat engineers. As for the race, im speaking about joining the air force as an engineer. Most of my malay friends that apply for the airforce engineer got rejected.
 

Aliensurge

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Graduate uni first is always a better bet. Also you do sure cannot qualify because of race? Hearsay or they told you specifically? Stated in B&W?

Its more of a hearsay thing? There arent many malays in the airforce. And even if I do get in, i probably wont be favoured to climb up the ranks..
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Its more of a hearsay thing? There arent many malays in the airforce. And even if I do get in, i probably wont be favoured to climb up the ranks..

Need to be careful about perpetuating hearsay especially when it comes to race.

Cause might be taken as someone accusing the Govt of racially discriminating, even though in reality it might be true.
 

Chicken1234

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
You can sign on as whatever you want, but some vocation requires security clearance. You should try get a full-time uni placing first and sign on as ME4. If you sign as ME1 you and after you get a part time degree, there might be a chance you still won't get a chance to be emplaced as ME4. To get emplaced you have to have good performance, you can even try to chiong first then get emplaced and get sponsorship to go study full-time then come back as an ME4

Most importantly, talk to a recruiter first.
 
Last edited:

Aliensurge

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
You can sign on as whatever you want, but some vocation requires security clearance. You should try get a full-time uni placing first and sign on as ME4. If you sign as ME1 you and after you get a part time degree, there might be a chance you still won't get a chance to be emplaced as ME4. To get emplaced you have to have good performance, you can even try to chiong first then get emplaced and get sponsorship to go study full-time then come back as an ME4

Most importantly, talk to a recruiter first.

Should I tell my OC and hope that he can help me (give like a recommendation letter?) Or do I apply straight away. Im 2 months away from ORDing
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Should I tell my OC and hope that he can help me (give like a recommendation letter?) Or do I apply straight away. Im 2 months away from ORDing

Of cos you should. Especially if you are signing on in the same formation. He will likely still be in ur network circle. He might even know someone with similar situation and intro u.
 

Eighty7

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
429
Reaction score
66
The truth is the letter from the OC is as good as useless . I would be very honest with you. It does nothing to help.

My man get NSF of the year award and was presented by COA and he wanted to sign on also rejected
 

Strawbelly

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
The truth is the letter from the OC is as good as useless . I would be very honest with you. It does nothing to help.

My man get NSF of the year award and was presented by COA and he wanted to sign on also rejected

Your man local uni grad or private uni? I got one friend local uni and cpl last time but kenna shortlisted sia I dam shocked but whether get in or not another question altogether
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
The truth is the letter from the OC is as good as useless . I would be very honest with you. It does nothing to help.

My man get NSF of the year award and was presented by COA and he wanted to sign on also rejected
Have such thing doesn’t guarantee chance of signing on. Whether useless or not you can’t say for sure
 

Eighty7

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
429
Reaction score
66
Have such thing doesn’t guarantee chance of signing on. Whether useless or not you can’t say for sure

Being in the force for 19 years I have seen enough and know that a letter from the OC is useless. Of cause if it makes OP feels better , go ahead and get the OC to write a letter then.

There are many other factors to consider when recruiting a new regular into the forces, a letter does nothing to help.
 

Eighty7

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
429
Reaction score
66
Your man local uni grad or private uni? I got one friend local uni and cpl last time but kenna shortlisted sia I dam shocked but whether get in or not another question altogether

Education do play a part , but there are other factors such as security clearance and most importantly there is a recruitment quota. If the number is burst, chances of getting into that particular vocation is slim .

That’s why there are people who wanted to sign on for a certain vocation but ended up joining a different one because he have fulfilled the other criteria and hence referred to another vocation that have slots so that he could still be an asset to the organisation.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Being in the force for 19 years I have seen enough and know that a letter from the OC is useless. Of cause if it makes OP feels better , go ahead and get the OC to write a letter then.

There are many other factors to consider when recruiting a new regular into the forces, a letter does nothing to help.

Being in the force for 19 year doesn’t mean you have seen everything.

Nobody say it will make a material difference.

But having one is just like a good reference. Whether useless or not you can’t say for sure.
 

Eighty7

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
429
Reaction score
66
Being in the force for 19 year doesn’t mean you have seen everything.

Nobody say it will make a material difference.

But having one is just like a good reference. Whether useless or not you can’t say for sure.

A letter is not a good reference , a official letter of commendation is then a good reference. A letter is not an official document for reference.

OC is not entitled to present a LOC anyway
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
A letter is not a good reference , a official letter of commendation is then a good reference. A letter is not an official document for reference.
To you maybe. But you don't represent everyone in the force.
 

nightFantasy

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Guys hows the career for military medical expert (mdes). There seem to be practically no information about it online and idk any MMEs.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top