Milo's TA discussion and sharing thread

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
paiseh sinkie... need you to help me babysit during office hours..

I'll update those charts after hours
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
I'm quietly hoping for Nam Cheong to take off before entering. Now it's hovering above the resistance-turned-support of $0.26. What do u guys think?
i remember nam cheong chart looked quite interesting... might be due for another push
 

Campbellsoup

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
72
Very nice thread. i am fairly new to stocks and technical analysis and i hope i could pick a few tips in this place.

I am looking at ChinaTaisan. Anyone has comments on this counter?
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Very nice thread. i am fairly new to stocks and technical analysis and i hope i could pick a few tips in this place.

I am looking at ChinaTaisan. Anyone has comments on this counter?
welcome....

FA wise.. have to look at the whole fabric industry which is being squeezed by tight profit margins...

for pennies... TA is really touch and go.... the TA works better for blue chips and mid cap (in my opinion).

That said, Taisan has an interesting formation.. I think need to break the recent highs then can consider buying some.... I think must clear today's 6.6c
 

remy3413

Master Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
4,486
Reaction score
0
for those who request TA charts, please make an effort to at least thank sinkie and milo for their efforts :)

i believe we should recognize their talents :s12:
 

rine5

Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2001
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
i remember nam cheong chart looked quite interesting... might be due for another push

Glad to know tt someone else share the same sentiments :) Thanks btw. Will be monitoring this thread closely to learn from all the knowledgeable bros posting here.
 

chopra

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
50,516
Reaction score
678
for those who request TA charts, please make an effort to at least thank sinkie and milo for their efforts :)

i believe we should recognize their talents :s12:

Effort wise, yes. Must really thank them for the free lunch.

No offence. But sinkie and a few gurus and I had discussed all these before, in our regular EDMW thread. Talent/Luck/Skill or not, we can only judge on hindsight.

Would be good to quote all these TA charts say 1-2months from now.
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
Effort wise, yes. Must really thank them for the free lunch.

No offence. But sinkie and a few gurus and I had discussed all these before, in our regular EDMW thread. Talent/Luck/Skill or not, we can only judge on hindsight.

Would be good to quote all these TA charts say 1-2months from now.

Well, TA only speaks of the current picture until the next fundamental play comes into play

People always mistaken the use of TA for trying to find up and detect insider news leak but it's only partially true because it is only when a chart current TA speaks of a different story than what it's current fundamental story, then there possibly a insider leaks.

So sometime a trend is just playing out the current fundamental story until the next news come into play

So TA is not really about hindsight but rather telling you the current sentiment and that's why I always preach FA and TA must be used together lah
 
Last edited:

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
can ta biosensors?
p1EhF4e.png


Daily chart resistance at 1.26. Support at 1.225

UYc5JHY.png


Weekly resistance at 1.26 then 1.30. Support at 1.205 and 1.185

I'm more inclined to be bullish on this
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Effort wise, yes. Must really thank them for the free lunch.

No offence. But sinkie and a few gurus and I had discussed all these before, in our regular EDMW thread. Talent/Luck/Skill or not, we can only judge on hindsight.

Would be good to quote all these TA charts say 1-2months from now.
some TA charts are only meant for shorter term than 1-2months... if 1-2months... we have to look at solely just weekly and months charts and ignore daily..
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Glad to know tt someone else share the same sentiments :) Thanks btw. Will be monitoring this thread closely to learn from all the knowledgeable bros posting here.
Nam Cheong ideally mustn't close below 26.5.

If it doesn't, it's below my 20ma and other shorter EMAs...
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Can do a TA on Thbev?
Thanks
5ewDHhi.png


Almost reaching all time high at 45c (resistance). Lots of dojis showing indecision. Support between 41.5 to 42.5.

IP6FJAr.png


Weekly shows a bearish divergence on MACD histogram.

This is very interesting and I'll be watching whether to take a position on this...
 

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2005
Messages
6,584
Reaction score
699
How about Keppel corporation price from a TA standpoint? I am inclined to think that I bought at a high but fundamentally I was pushed to think otherwise.

Other then that, I read from today TA reports sent to me that this is a potential breakout??
 

remy3413

Master Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
4,486
Reaction score
0
How about Keppel corporation price from a TA standpoint? I am inclined to think that I bought at a high but fundamentally I was pushed to think otherwise.

Other then that, I read from today TA reports sent to me that this is a potential breakout??

Yes, i have the same thoughts too. Fundamentally, Keppel corp current PE is 8.9, average ratio for O&M industry is about 10 - 12. Following the average, keppel price should be right around 12 - 13 dollars, but it's tough to break the 11.60 resistance

It tested twice both in Apr & Aug 2012
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
How about Keppel corporation price from a TA standpoint? I am inclined to think that I bought at a high but fundamentally I was pushed to think otherwise.

Other then that, I read from today TA reports sent to me that this is a potential breakout??
can sic where and which reports say it's a TA breakout??

3ZsjlSY.png


Today closed with a doji... for it to be near term bullish, it needs to close well tomorrow... preferably above 11.40. Resistance is at 11.50 and 11.60

Good thing is that it's above all MA lines including the 100 and 200ma

5ifNMm7.png


On the weekly we see that its also above all the MAs.... BUT there's a bearish divergence on the MACD....

This one gotta play by ear...
I personally favour a downside based on techinicals but I must caution that it still might push abit more upwards... but should be pretty limited unless FA changes positively
 

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2005
Messages
6,584
Reaction score
699
Thank u! The report was sent to me... Is not listed on the Web.. That's why I find that their ta a bit weird cause it doesn't make sense..
 

chopra

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
50,516
Reaction score
678
some TA charts are only meant for shorter term than 1-2months... if 1-2months... we have to look at solely just weekly and months charts and ignore daily..


1-2months is just an arbitrary number. you can of course tweak the number to suit the respective timeframe. What's impt is to review the drawn charts which I think you got it and you agree.

you have a huge chunk of charts in your blog. perhaps can start from there? you don't have to post the probability of success here if you are not comfortable.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top