Milo's TA discussion and sharing thread

remy3413

Master Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
4,486
Reaction score
0
Daily
IOZYG.png


Weekly
mmuzW.png

thanks for your opinion :)
 

Lasogette

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
8,166
Reaction score
4,527
Allow me to leave the basic of sinkie's style of trading before I go jiak wind Liao.

For any trade or charts, you can long a bearish chart, you can short a bullish chart and still make money. What matter most is your entry and your exit and so I won't be specifying my exit or entry in all charts i draw next time and its will be all your decision.

Imo, stock prices dont change because of ta indicators. A stock must have a story and a catalyst. Without these 2 factors, there will be no demand and supply and so price wont change. For example JPMorgan downgraded golden agri and that's why it's bearish today etc

TA will only tell us the stock sentiment and its momentum. An overbought stock will become more overbought likewise for an oversold stock so TA will tell is when is enough, when is there's still alot of meat.

When one hold a stock for the mid term, be sure of the trend and the story and its catalyst that contributed to the trend. The catalyst could be short term, could also be long term so identify the catalyst first before you do any mid term investing.

I developed my own exit/entry strategy called the "cause and effect theory" but I won't be going into much details and nor won't I divulge too much but No $688 no gimmick and just sharing is caring the basic and foundation and hope every newbie will move on from here and develop their own entry/exit style and then make money together

Good luck and let's make this charting thread a successful one.

hi sinkie, thanks for the explainations and ur spirit of sic. can ask u a question. Not sure if i got it right? Using today's golden agri as an example the story is that jp morgan downgraded it. What's the catalyst then? Thanks for answering my noob question.
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
hi sinkie, thanks for the explainations and ur spirit of sic. can ask u a question. Not sure if i got it right? Using today's golden agri as an example the story is that jp morgan downgraded it. What's the catalyst then? Thanks for answering my noob question.
the catalyst is JPM's downgrade...

they downgraded because they took a negative view on the sector and negative view on CPO prices.
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Sinkie, mind to post chart on Gallant?

eURme.png


Daily.. doesn't look good with it heading below all the MAs I drew.

HBxxM.png


Weekly shows 28c to be the crucial support.... this is also the rights price.

I believe they will try to keep it above 28c plus they might ramp again for the rights, just like the day after they announced the rights.

But I heard the company they RTO... isn't that good.... so it's your judgment call.

Next support at 27c, resistance at 30-31c
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Ok let me share abit on what my trading style is.

I'm accounts trained so I like to look at the Financials of a company before I do any trading. The only exception is if I tell myself that I will sell within contra, as such a short period, FA will go out the window. As such, I have a mixed bag of stocks, some for trading and others which I believe there are fundamental values.

As I'm still pretty new in the market with about 2 years+ experience, I begin to find some trades are more profitable with explosive results. These trades being those which have daily, weekly, monthly charts telling me the same thing...

example Stats Chippac... but I did exit too early
Charts and Market Perspectives from Milo-Dino: Stats Chippac

Midas was the recent one with all 3 aligned
Charts and Market Perspectives from Milo-Dino: Interra & Midas

Thus, I'm convinced this method works... I'll just have to look out for more such counters if any... *note these counters are reputable and it's not some tom dick harry counter*

As for other trades, I like to look at my MAs and MACD to decide, as well as reading the candlesticks for timing.

Another method I'm trying is Jesse Livermore's buying when a stock breaks new high. So far it has worked when i played sinograndess at 62.5c and Sheng siong at 58.5c. But I exited too early when I thought the momentum dropped (sino at 64c) and when market looked abit like reversing last friday (SS at 59c..) Both really burst now... I could have another couple of thousand profit :(
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Type so long? You excited over weekend? Tomorrow still got ipo to hoot lah! Huat lahh
nervous weekend..... dunno how my parents will react after meeting her parents and vice versa
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
For the time being, not yet.

I started learning TA last month.

I also started learning FX last month too. Got a demo account with Oanda. :s22:

:love:

with your power of CD, you can actually risk a small percentage of your paper gain to learn about TA and trading :s12:

but dont walk fire go into demon and turn into stuckist and gambler and sell all your portfolio to hoot ho yi see ah
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Hey, what's your long term opinion on fragrance and interra resources?

Fragrance support seems to be at 0.25 from my observation, correct me if I am wrong!

Based on memory, fragrance has been trading between 25 and 26c for a long time. No indication of any direction besides going sideways for now.

Interra closed 41c. Have to watch if can hold above 40c.. I expect it to test it buy not too sure if it will hold. If it does hold with strong buyer support, it will probably be ready to bounce to 44-46c again.
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,011
Reaction score
3,012
:love:

with your power of CD, you can actually risk a small percentage of your paper gain to learn about TA and trading :s12:

but dont walk fire go into demon and turn into stuckist and gambler and sell all your portfolio to hoot ho yi see ah

Advise taken. :D
 
V

victorlht88

Guest
Based on memory, fragrance has been trading between 25 and 26c for a long time. No indication of any direction besides going sideways for now.

Interra closed 41c. Have to watch if can hold above 40c.. I expect it to test it buy not too sure if it will hold. If it does hold with strong buyer support, it will probably be ready to bounce to 44-46c again.

thanks man for that advice.

i vested fragrance at 0.29 (when it was high :(, lesson learnt) and decided to average down when it was 0.26. probably its good for holding in the long run considering it hit 0.5 before the split.

yeah vested interra at 0.425 too, haha well we all make mistakes and learn from there! :D
 

chopra

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
50,516
Reaction score
678
thanks for the support DW!

got any chart request?

Mr Milo offering free service?

I'd like you to comment on STI, Dollar Index, SGDUSD and SPX - their trajectories in the next 3-12months. You see if you can see the daily-weekly-monthly stars align for any of these.

Thank you! I hope im not too greedy. :D
 
Last edited:

staedtler_07

Master Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
2,992
Reaction score
0
Good take on Gallant. Seems like it's time for me to cut loss for that, entered at .29...

Anyway, was looking at Ezion. Had been down this few days, BB might be taking profits for this one since a long rally. Looking at it fly away real soon, probably after earning seasons.

The other one that I was looking at was Ezra, something similar and in the same industry as Ezion. What's your take on this two?

BTW, this Malaysian Sports TOTO is going for IPO soon on SGX, have you looked at their balance sheet? Care to share more on what are the things you look out for?

Hope to learn more from here!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top