[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Using palit gtx950 stormx. My usage is surf net, watch movie and play Dota only. Now considering p2715q and u2717d. One is 3840*2160 and one is 2560*1440. I like the infinity edge on u2717d and on the other hand the resolution on p2715q.

Oic. I'm not sure about the quality of the picture if you were to run on 4K.

Can any expert here comment on this?
 

xuan87

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
2
Based on my usage of Qnix for the last couple of years... I will probably advise everyone NOT to get one of those repackaged korean monitors like Qnix, Crossover and Wasabi Mango.

I bought my Qnix initially because it was 27 inch 1440p at 300+SGD! That's less than the cost of most 27 inch 1080p monitors from the big brands.

However it has a number of problems: The stand is horrible (I took it out and put it on a Vesa stand), and the color accuracy and uniformity are terrible.

I just received a LG 29 inch ultrawide 1080p monitor which I also bought from qoo10 for 330sgd with free shipping and will be installing it tonight. Will probably be listing the Qnix up on carousell for a cheap price. Good for people to try out 1440p gaming.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
My Crossover 27" stand from 3 years ago still more solid then the branded ones on the market today. And it's IPS screen almost on par
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
Based on my usage of Qnix for the last couple of years... I will probably advise everyone NOT to get one of those repackaged korean monitors like Qnix, Crossover and Wasabi Mango.

I bought my Qnix initially because it was 27 inch 1440p at 300+SGD! That's less than the cost of most 27 inch 1080p monitors from the big brands.

However it has a number of problems: The stand is horrible (I took it out and put it on a Vesa stand), and the color accuracy and uniformity are terrible.

I just received a LG 29 inch ultrawide 1080p monitor which I also bought from qoo10 for 330sgd with free shipping and will be installing it tonight. Will probably be listing the Qnix up on carousell for a cheap price. Good for people to try out 1440p gaming.

cheap, color accuracy, range and everything?

If only the world works that way ;)
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Based on my usage of Qnix for the last couple of years... I will probably advise everyone NOT to get one of those repackaged korean monitors like Qnix, Crossover and Wasabi Mango.

I bought my Qnix initially because it was 27 inch 1440p at 300+SGD! That's less than the cost of most 27 inch 1080p monitors from the big brands.

However it has a number of problems: The stand is horrible (I took it out and put it on a Vesa stand), and the color accuracy and uniformity are terrible.

I just received a LG 29 inch ultrawide 1080p monitor which I also bought from qoo10 for 330sgd with free shipping and will be installing it tonight. Will probably be listing the Qnix up on carousell for a cheap price. Good for people to try out 1440p gaming.

For those with $$, can get any monitor they want.

But for those who are on tight budget, can consider all this cheap knock offs. Don't bother about colour accuracy or uniformity.
 

Force89

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
536
Reaction score
2
Just received the new Crossover Fast 144Hz.

Key Features: IPS, 1440p, 27", 144Hz, AMD Freesyn for less than SGD500!

Much better than expected. Will post some photos later :):)
 

hysteriakx

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
12
:s12:
Just received the new Crossover Fast 144Hz.

Key Features: IPS, 1440p, 27", 144Hz, AMD Freesyn for less than SGD500!

Much better than expected. Will post some photos later :):)


Goni global from qoo10? theres a newer version 27 gamer with 1ms response time
 

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,637
Reaction score
1,791
Just received the new Crossover Fast 144Hz.

Key Features: IPS, 1440p, 27", 144Hz, AMD Freesyn for less than SGD500!

Much better than expected. Will post some photos later :):)

where did u buy from? :s11:
 

Force89

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
536
Reaction score
2

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
58,637
Reaction score
1,791
Yup. Bought from Goniglobal. With the discount coupons. rebates and all paid around $420.

Gamer resolution is 1080p, normal LED and lack freesync



Bought this model! http://www.crosslcd.co.kr/main.html?tmp=product&pg=27fast

Qoo10 Goniglobal. Not sure if I would be able to link there but you can search on the site.

thanks! :s12: one more question

the power supply for the monitor is sg compatible? need to use any transformer etc?
 
Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
thanks! :s12: one more question

the power supply for the monitor is sg compatible? need to use any transformer etc?

Power supply usually no issue. Just that the plug is Korea type, which is 2 round pin. So just use a universal plug connector will do.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Glad that both monitor lasted till almost 4yrs. After the small hiccups on one of the monitor about 1.5yrs mark .... now the other monitor is having a slight issue.

Please see video for the fault.


I have found the cause of this problem.

The power adapter is faulty. I plugged the same power adapter to another monitor and it has the same problem.

CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM : FOUND!!

Now trying to get the power adapter.

Hi guys,

I also got a problem with my 3-yo 27Q. Sometimes when booting up, the desktop successfully goes into Windows (confirmed because there's sound), but the monitor refuses to show anything. I have to restart many times before it will show something on screen again. It's all good when it's on though.

Anyone else has this problem? Is it the LED board issue or?

I got the problem in early May, then toward end May, it seems to be ok liao. Then the problem came back again in early Jun, bo bian so ordered the replacement power adapter on 15 Jun 2016.

Now the problem seems to be getting worst. On one occasion, the monitor turned on and off for > 1hrs+ before it was ok. Hope that the power adapter will arrive soon.

I believe your problem should be the power supply. But that is just my assumption. If you can borrow another power adapter from your neighbours or somebody near you to test it out, then you can just get the power adapter to replace the current one.
 

taytehni

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
0
Im considering between choosing these few monitors

CrossOver 27A IPS DP COBOL $522.50

CrossOver 27Ganji-Dog ADOBE RGB $625

CrossOver 27FAST 144Hz $625

QHD2730R ZERO DP PIVOT $485

I would like to ask if anyone has any idea why the cobol is $100 cheaper than the Ganjidog even though both looks like they have similar specs (AHVA panel, 1.07b colors etc), from what I see the Ganjidog is 10bit,has 100% adobe rgb and is 5ms while the cobol is a 6ms response time.

On the other hand, the 27Fast is same price as the Ganjidog, is that due to the 144hz even though the color wise its only 16.7mil? The Qnix seems to be the cheapest among them and has PLS panel as compared to the other 3 which is AH-VA.

Which of these 4 monitors would be the best choice? Using the monitor for occasional photoshop, light gaming (fifa), movies and browsing.

I'm just waiting for the correct coupons from Qoo10 :s13: Hopefully able to get them with around possibly $12(GC) + $10(item coupon) + $100(event cart coupon) = $122 off. Will use a Frank card to take advantage of the 6% rebate but not sure how it works :o
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
1,784
I got the problem in early May, then toward end May, it seems to be ok liao. Then the problem came back again in early Jun, bo bian so ordered the replacement power adapter on 15 Jun 2016.

Now the problem seems to be getting worst. On one occasion, the monitor turned on and off for > 1hrs+ before it was ok. Hope that the power adapter will arrive soon.

I believe your problem should be the power supply. But that is just my assumption. If you can borrow another power adapter from your neighbours or somebody near you to test it out, then you can just get the power adapter to replace the current one.

I have never switched off the power adapter for my 4 year old korean monitor. good that it still works for me
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top