[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I have never switched off the power adapter for my 4 year old korean monitor. good that it still works for me

I got 2 CrossOver 27Q monitor, one left and the other one right.

So far, the problem are with the one on the right. Both purchased at the same time. At about 1.5yrs, the chip on the LED Driver board was burnt.

Now I am using only one monitor, feel so restricted. Hope that the power adapter that I ordered can reached me asap.

Both monitor had passed the 4yrs 1mth mark already.
 
Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Im considering between choosing these few monitors

CrossOver 27A IPS DP COBOL $522.50

CrossOver 27Ganji-Dog ADOBE RGB $625

CrossOver 27FAST 144Hz $625

QHD2730R ZERO DP PIVOT $485

I would like to ask if anyone has any idea why the cobol is $100 cheaper than the Ganjidog even though both looks like they have similar specs (AHVA panel, 1.07b colors etc), from what I see the Ganjidog is 10bit,has 100% adobe rgb and is 5ms while the cobol is a 6ms response time.

On the other hand, the 27Fast is same price as the Ganjidog, is that due to the 144hz even though the color wise its only 16.7mil? The Qnix seems to be the cheapest among them and has PLS panel as compared to the other 3 which is AH-VA.

Which of these 4 monitors would be the best choice? Using the monitor for occasional photoshop, light gaming (fifa), movies and browsing.

I'm just waiting for the correct coupons from Qoo10 :s13: Hopefully able to get them with around possibly $12(GC) + $10(item coupon) + $100(event cart coupon) = $122 off. Will use a Frank card to take advantage of the 6% rebate but not sure how it works :o

Actually for that price, I would rather get the :

BenQ BL3200PT 32" 2560x1440 4ms Professional VA LED Monitor @ $790

OR

Dell UltraSharp U2717D 27" 2560x1440 InfinityEdge IPS LED Monitor @ $735 (With 5yrs warranty)
 

taytehni

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
0
Haha but the price i included is before the 100+ discount coupons, the cheapest u2717d i see on qoo10 is 779 with shipping, maybe i should wait till it show or something when the price of the u2717d is sub 700
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Haha but the price i included is before the 100+ discount coupons, the cheapest u2717d i see on qoo10 is 779 with shipping, maybe i should wait till it show or something when the price of the u2717d is sub 700

The Dell U2717D deal is found on Carousell. I find it not bad. But you can go for the rest if you like. Just a suggestion.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
vesa mount can be bought at taobao cheap , but airmail forwarder more costly .... example item cost $8 , shipping $13 ... end up $21

Yah. But all this adds up still cheaper than the cost of getting people to install the wall mount. LOL!
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Anybody here has a spoilt / spare power adapter for the CrossOver 27Q to lend me for 1mth?

I actually ordered one but I didn't take note of the polarity and it can't work. So now I have to order another one, which will take 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Just checking if any of you has the power adapter lying around and not using, if possible, please lent it to me.

If you have, please PM me.

Thanks you so much.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Finally got the adapter. But got one problem.

We thought that as long as we make sure the power adapter is :

1. 4 pin connector
2. Output 24V 5A
3. Input 200V-240V

It will work, right? No. There is still a small but important detail.

The power adapter that I bought, has this polarity :

2hxugw4.jpg


Top 2 pins are +ve and bottom 2 pins are -ve. Means pin 1 & 2 are +ve, pin 3 & 4 are -ve.

But the polarity for the 4 pin connector of the CrossOver monitor are :

slgqr9.jpg


Left 2 pins are +ve and right 2 pins are -ve.

So the power adapter which I ordered online and took about 3 weeks to come, doesn't work.

I have no choice but to cut and swap the 4 pin connector and IT WORKED!! Thanks to the help of an expert.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Glad you got your power adaptor working. My UHD490 arrived about 2 weeks back, it has some BLB at higher brightness and a blackish discoloration near the middle of the screen, no dead pixels that caught my eye. The imperfections don't distract from the overall movie watching and gaming experience. I'm quite satisfied for now.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Glad you got your power adaptor working. My UHD490 arrived about 2 weeks back, it has some BLB at higher brightness and a blackish discoloration near the middle of the screen, no dead pixels that caught my eye. The imperfections don't distract from the overall movie watching and gaming experience. I'm quite satisfied for now.

Yah. After using two monitor, now I can't go back to one monitor anymore.

Can you share the link for the monitor you got?
 

Tornesoul

Master Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
3,446
Reaction score
15
Haha but the price i included is before the 100+ discount coupons, the cheapest u2717d i see on qoo10 is 779 with shipping, maybe i should wait till it show or something when the price of the u2717d is sub 700

bought my dell last it show 690
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,587
Reaction score
1,218
My crossover 27", about 2 years old was flickering.

Any kind bro to lend me the power adaptor for 2 days?
Staying at Kovan area. Thanks
 

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
6,454
Reaction score
0
Based on my usage of Qnix for the last couple of years... I will probably advise everyone NOT to get one of those repackaged korean monitors like Qnix, Crossover and Wasabi Mango.

I bought my Qnix initially because it was 27 inch 1440p at 300+SGD! That's less than the cost of most 27 inch 1080p monitors from the big brands.

However it has a number of problems: The stand is horrible (I took it out and put it on a Vesa stand), and the color accuracy and uniformity are terrible.

I just received a LG 29 inch ultrawide 1080p monitor which I also bought from qoo10 for 330sgd with free shipping and will be installing it tonight. Will probably be listing the Qnix up on carousell for a cheap price. Good for people to try out 1440p gaming.

how much u selling =p. poor folks like me won't mind getting from you if it's reasonable hehe
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,149
Reaction score
1,255
Hey guys... Been lurking around this thread but decided to post.

I have my Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2B monitor for around more than a year now. Been overclocked for 110hz with no problems so far. No frame skipping/No DP and BP/No color degradation so far. And I bought it 2nd hand from a guy who barely used it. The plastic covering is still there. machiam like brand new. Used the Nvidia Control Panel to overclock the monitor.

This monitor overclocks like a dream to 120hz with no problems. However I read that Overclock.net that some monitors are failing after 2 years of usage. Hence I dropped back a little to 110hz to extend the longevity.

Gaming and movies are fantastic. I really cannot go back to normal 60hz at all. When I look at the Dell U2410 as a 2nd monitor I cannot endure the lag.

Furthermore there is no postprocessing with the dual DVI only connection. Means no input lag whatsoever. Really awesome for a 1440p/S-IPS/120hz capable monitor with no input lag.

Hopefully this monitor will last for a very long time as I have no intention of upgrading. :(
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
My crossover 27", about 2 years old was flickering.

Any kind bro to lend me the power adaptor for 2 days?
Staying at Kovan area. Thanks

Do you have the flickering blue / red power LED like this?



If don't have, it maybe the LED Driver problem.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Hey guys... Been lurking around this thread but decided to post.

I have my Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2B monitor for around more than a year now. Been overclocked for 110hz with no problems so far. No frame skipping/No DP and BP/No color degradation so far. And I bought it 2nd hand from a guy who barely used it. The plastic covering is still there. machiam like brand new. Used the Nvidia Control Panel to overclock the monitor.

This monitor overclocks like a dream to 120hz with no problems. However I read that Overclock.net that some monitors are failing after 2 years of usage. Hence I dropped back a little to 110hz to extend the longevity.

Gaming and movies are fantastic. I really cannot go back to normal 60hz at all. When I look at the Dell U2410 as a 2nd monitor I cannot endure the lag.

Furthermore there is no postprocessing with the dual DVI only connection. Means no input lag whatsoever. Really awesome for a 1440p/S-IPS/120hz capable monitor with no input lag.

Hopefully this monitor will last for a very long time as I have no intention of upgrading. :(

It should. My 2 CrossOver 27Q has lasted for > 4yrs. Out of the 2 monitor, 1 of them has a LED Driver failed after about 1.5yrs. Managed to get it retified then.

Now when it was reaching 4yrs, the power adapter starts having problems. Bo bian, have to buy another power adapter for about SGD$41 to continue using.

I hope that this 2 monitor will last till even 10yrs or more. Because I am on dual monitor setup, if any of them spoilt, I'll have to change both.
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,587
Reaction score
1,218
Not exactly the same as the video. Mine is like flickering on the 1/3 left hand side of the screen.

Quality is good but does not last. Sianz.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Yah. After using two monitor, now I can't go back to one monitor anymore.

Can you share the link for the monitor you got?

I get what you mean, my UHD490 is essentially quad 24-27" 1080 monitors. Now my Crossover might be looking for a new home, care to go triple monitor setup? Hehe
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Not exactly the same as the video. Mine is like flickering on the 1/3 left hand side of the screen.

Quality is good but does not last. Sianz.

If it keeps flickering, it would be the LED Driver that is going to spoil soon. How old is your monitor?

Does the power LED light turns blue and then red and again and again, like in the video?
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I get what you mean, my UHD490 is essentially quad 24-27" 1080 monitors. Now my Crossover might be looking for a new home, care to go triple monitor setup? Hehe

I can't. Graphics card only has 2 x Dual DVI and my table is not long enough. Another issue will be 3 x QHD will be really too wide. If I really wanna go triple monitor, I think I will just go for 3 x 24" (1920 x 1080 / 1200).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top