MR Or No MR

zeebrugge

Suspended
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
3,765
Reaction score
8,061
By right, this is not my thread and not my concern. Yet, by left, this is why I had to make police reports and get loads of paperwork done because not everybody (gets to) read General Orders of Mindef and not everybody determines MR and ROD with the same ruler and book.

so all the SAF things can throw?

I dekit last year at Mount Faber, 11B till combat boots all gone, liao!

My upperstudy reported to Lee Yem Choo who just joined SMRT, I did not. I use my upperstudy - whom I last corresponded with last week - as an example. He was enlisted as a PES C1. He completed his BMT, he ORD after two years plus six months, his ORD date is not his ROD and not his MR date. Hence, whether martial law or civilian status, he has reservist obligations. As a result, IRB upgrade him to PES B, he suck thumb, and went for a second BMT. After second BMT, he is technically reservist infantry man, hence he has to complete the highs and the lows. As of now, I don't know when is his ROD or MR, but he is not yet ROD and not yet MR but still NSman. Period.

My other senior who also reported to Lee Yem Choo was a PES E. He enlist as a clerk not soldier, hence the moment he complete two years plus six months it's as good as he throw letter. Why? He is PES E, no reservist, no high key, no low key. ORD is ROD ORD is MR. Very straightforward. Period.

My female specialists are NUSAFs or what is now known as DXO. Combat fit, wor! Yet, sign on as civilian. Hence, there is an ORD, the ORD is the same day as the day as the letter gets tendered or when the contract ends. The ROD and MR theoretically is the same day as ORD, yet, maybe she sign on again, maybe she change to combat, we don't know for sure, you see. Hence, it depends.

Last but not the least, my case. Show stopper. I was downgraded as PES C9L3. I completed BMT, I was absorbed by service side. My ORD after two years plus six months is by right my ROD and MR also. Yet, my Administrative officer printed on my reservist booklet PES C1, this means I have to be called up for revocation, but nobody did. When I login to NS.SG, now this is the real deal, because I see clearly that the computer system puts me in Mindef Reserve's unit code. This means that I have completed all my reservist duties, other than the PES C1 standing orders that Chief of Army and Chief of Defence Force require of me, such as why I am here after Mr. Ng Yat Chung join SPH. Standing order. My ceremonial reservist unit literally is HWZ forums because CEO like to read. :o

Anyways, my point is simple, the easiest way to know whether one is MR or not, is to login to NS.SG, once the system says your unit is "Mindef Reserve" or starts with the prefix "MR", it means you MR liao, welcome, because I also MR liao.

As for ROD, I also have not yet ROD fully, hence I still have to wayang abit with you because even though my PES C9 should have effectively made my ORD my ROD, the Mindef Human Resource never managed to fully understand why I was upgraded to PES C1 yet never got called up, so they have no choice but to henta kaki with me. Since I am PES C1 on paper, they made me explore signing on with Mindef, DSTA, DSO, etc, they made me join SPF as a grassroot volunteer, Citizen on Patrol, VSC, VSCC, etc, I am only midway through. At this stage they are exploring making me a Friends of SMRT because I reported to the new CEO Mr. Neo Kian Hong last time loong loong ago. All in all, by right I ORD, MR, and ROD liao, but by left, MR have to work even harder than before, while ROD has to PLP even more.

GOM 101, wor! Genuine stuff, cannot bluff :D
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,285
Reaction score
5,867
My other senior who also reported to Lee Yem Choo was a PES E. He enlist as a clerk not soldier, hence the moment he complete two years plus six months it's as good as he throw letter. Why? He is PES E, no reservist, no high key, no low key. ORD is ROD ORD is MR. Very straightforward. Period.

You sure PES E no reservist?


My female specialists are NUSAFs or what is now known as DXO. Combat fit, wor! Yet, sign on as civilian. Hence, there is an ORD, the ORD is the same day as the day as the letter gets tendered or when the contract ends. The ROD and MR theoretically is the same day as ORD, yet, maybe she sign on again, maybe she change to combat, we don't know for sure, you see. Hence, it depends.
erm, not sure how this is relevant as female are subjected to Enlistment Act


Last but not the least, my case. Show stopper. I was downgraded as PES C9L3. I completed BMT, I was absorbed by service side. My ORD after two years plus six months is by right my ROD and MR also. Yet, my Administrative officer printed on my reservist booklet PES C1, this means I have to be called up for revocation, but nobody did. When I login to NS.SG, now this is the real deal, because I see clearly that the computer system puts me in Mindef Reserve's unit code. This means that I have completed all my reservist duties, other than the PES C1 standing orders that Chief of Army and Chief of Defence Force require of me, such as why I am here after Mr. Ng Yat Chung join SPH. Standing order. My ceremonial reservist unit literally is HWZ forums because CEO like to read. :o

Anyways, my point is simple, the easiest way to know whether one is MR or not, is to login to NS.SG, once the system says your unit is "Mindef Reserve" or starts with the prefix "MR", it means you MR liao, welcome, because I also MR liao.

As for ROD, I also have not yet ROD fully, hence I still have to wayang abit with you because even though my PES C9 should have effectively made my ORD my ROD, the Mindef Human Resource never managed to fully understand why I was upgraded to PES C1 yet never got called up, so they have no choice but to henta kaki with me. Since I am PES C1 on paper, they made me explore signing on with Mindef, DSTA, DSO, etc, they made me join SPF as a grassroot volunteer, Citizen on Patrol, VSC, VSCC, etc, I am only midway through. At this stage they are exploring making me a Friends of SMRT because I reported to the new CEO Mr. Neo Kian Hong last time loong loong ago. All in all, by right I ORD, MR, and ROD liao, but by left, MR have to work even harder than before, while ROD has to PLP even more.

"PES C9 should have effectively made my ORD my ROD"

Effectively and Legally are two different things in case you aren't aware.

GOM 101, wor! Genuine stuff, cannot bluff :D

Don't doubt the GOM, but will doubt your interpretation of it. given your claim that PES E no reservist.
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,132
Reaction score
400
iterative process in case you aren't aware.

siao lang LOL

I really laugh leh

I dont know why... thanks dude

i dunno why u need to do so much to prove yourself or prove someone wrong

u cannot be a lawyer in reality... so u want to be stephen chow 算死草 is it

so darn cute ....

forget it lah... block u lah


everybody just block this joker
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,285
Reaction score
5,867
siao lang LOL

I really laugh leh

I dont know why... thanks dude

i dunno why u need to do so much to prove yourself or prove someone wrong

u cannot be a lawyer in reality... so u want to be stephen chow 算死草 is it

so darn cute ....

forget it lah... block u lah


everybody just block this joker

Pity that you may not be able to see this. but...

Can finally understand why you don't seem to know anything hence make strange assumption.

But if you choose to do this
88670235-ostrich-head-in-sand-proverb-cartoon-character.jpg
, nobody can stop you.
 

zeebrugge

Suspended
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
3,765
Reaction score
8,061
nobody can stop you.
At a gambling den or state casino, the de facto winner is the banker. It does not matter whether the bet is correct or not, what matters is that the banker has the big money and big guns to assert that what he / she says is legitimately correct even when he / she knows it's entirely malarkey.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,285
Reaction score
5,867
If I am not sure, do you look more sure than me; if you don't seem more sure than me why should I bother whether I am sure or not when you are not more sure than I am?

Pretty sure I’m more sure than you then. Just giving you a chance to walk that back.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,285
Reaction score
5,867
At a gambling den or state casino, the de facto winner is the banker. It does not matter whether the bet is correct or not, what matters is that the banker has the big money and big guns to assert that what he / she says is legitimately correct even when he / she knows it's entirely malarkey.

Sure......
 

zeebrugge

Suspended
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
3,765
Reaction score
8,061
Pretty sure I’m more sure than you then. Just giving you a chance to walk that back.
That's your claim then. I am pretty sure, more sure than you, that even if you were sure, a simple change like this - scribbles on standard operating procedure - renders your certainty a fallacy because what if we change your certainty. Ah! What in the world happened to you!

If certainty and gut sure were good enough to run a country or a military, all the DXOs and specialists would be Chiefs of Army. The truth is that political succession doesn't work that way.
 

zeebrugge

Suspended
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
3,765
Reaction score
8,061
Sure......

The day I learned the word "supernumerary", I discovered that all MRs are no different from eunuchs: there's always one more new comer every day that wonder why the queue is that loong.

If we ain't part of the solution, there's good money to be earned in proliferating the problem.

:s13:
 

virus1988

Banned
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
45,819
Reaction score
9,104

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,285
Reaction score
5,867
That's your claim then. I am pretty sure, more sure than you, that even if you were sure, a simple change like this - scribbles on standard operating procedure - renders your certainty a fallacy because what if we change your certainty. Ah! What in the world happened to you!

If certainty and gut sure were good enough to run a country or a military, all the DXOs and specialists would be Chiefs of Army. The truth is that political succession doesn't work that way.

Well, the hard truth is if there are instances where PES E personnel have reservist, does does it say about your claim?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107515968-post39.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/110048175-post40.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/110048220-post41.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107193941-post7.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107197897-post10.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107219271-post11.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107244044-post17.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107261034-post26.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107277818-post27.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/107324039-post32.html

https://www.guidesify.com/blog/2017/03/04/life-nsf-clerk-years/

Sure no doubt you can make the argument that I can't prove whatever all these people say, but at least that's from the experience and at least it is written. So it poke holes in your claim.

The day I learned the word "supernumerary", I discovered that all MRs are no different from eunuchs: there's always one more new comer every day that wonder why the queue is that loong.

If we ain't part of the solution, there's good money to be earned in proliferating the problem.

:s13:

i see i see...
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,285
Reaction score
5,867

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
14,055
Reaction score
1,024
How does it work? If i reach 40 on 5th Apr 2020, do i MR on:
a) 1Apr 2020
b) 1Apr 2021
c) 5Apr 2020
???
 

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
6,497
Reaction score
28
How does it work? If i reach 40 on 5th Apr 2020, do i MR on:
a) 1Apr 2020
b) 1Apr 2021
c) 5Apr 2020
???

If you have completed your 7HK + 3LK ICT this year you will MR (with cert and watch) on 1 Apr 2020.

If you did not complete your 7HK + 3LK ICT you will ROD (with only a letter telling you that you will not be liable for anymore NS activities) on 5 April 2020.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top