My worst time to have this problem

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,476
Reaction score
6,016
most probably will use singpost
need to buy box for sending

Singpost is the best, fast and safe.
So far I done a few RMA to Corsair and G.skill.
Didn't have any issues or lost parcel.

Only Ninjavan once lost my parcel that cannot recover. (n)
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
Could be degraded IMC (CPU) or RAM, inconclusive.

Better to rule out by adjusting vsoc, DRAM frequency manually to see how the errors are trending.

Amid DRAM supply shortages I would be concerned if the vendor would choose not to fufil their warranty obligations the right way and potentially lose a kit that's perfectly working.

Best of luck.
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,814
Reaction score
1,112
@tigerwoods you might want to follow what @Encrypted11 have replied. Just to share, I did advise a handful of DIY PC builders who purchased their ram kit from Amazon, the RMA process and I was cursed after.
It's either got 1) Rejected or 2) Refund (your purchased amount). This was due to ram shortage.

If you do have another system, maybe do a quick test your kit. If able to run EXPO, that might be a sign of your CPU wear out or mobo not providing stable VSoC.

You've mentioned able to run on your current without EXPO. If this system of yours is not running any major or critical task, I would just run it by default than to risk the above 1) and 2)
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,476
Reaction score
6,016
Could be degraded IMC (CPU) or RAM, inconclusive.

Better to rule out by adjusting vsoc, DRAM frequency manually to see how the errors are trending.

Amid DRAM supply shortages I would be concerned if the vendor would choose not to fufil their warranty obligations the right way and potentially lose a kit that's perfectly working.

Best of luck.

So far if you ask me only Crucial cannot get a new set.
Corsair, G. Skill etc. Still can.
 

tigerwoods

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
11,412
Reaction score
2,638
Could be degraded IMC (CPU) or RAM, inconclusive.

Better to rule out by adjusting vsoc, DRAM frequency manually to see how the errors are trending.

Amid DRAM supply shortages I would be concerned if the vendor would choose not to fufil their warranty obligations the right way and potentially lose a kit that's perfectly working.

Best of luck.

@tigerwoods you might want to follow what @Encrypted11 have replied. Just to share, I did advise a handful of DIY PC builders who purchased their ram kit from Amazon, the RMA process and I was cursed after.
It's either got 1) Rejected or 2) Refund (your purchased amount). This was due to ram shortage.

If you do have another system, maybe do a quick test your kit. If able to run EXPO, that might be a sign of your CPU wear out or mobo not providing stable VSoC.

You've mentioned able to run on your current without EXPO. If this system of yours is not running any major or critical task, I would just run it by default than to risk the above 1) and 2)

Tested on a newer pc, TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II also got errors

8xJa4ec.jpeg
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,476
Reaction score
6,016
Tested on a newer pc, TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II also got errors

8xJa4ec.jpeg

If you tested on another PC still get the same results.
RMA it at least now you can let G.skill know you tested two different PCs is the same.
This set of RAM is bad so need to RMA.

G.skill RMA wise take about 2-3 weeks than they ship one new set to you.
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,079
Reaction score
1,770
.... Just to share, I did advise a handful of DIY PC builders who purchased their ram kit from Amazon, the RMA process and I was cursed after.
It's either got 1) Rejected or 2) Refund (your purchased amount). This was due to ram shortage.
.....

Just block these people. When I buy from overseas, I always take it as no warranty.
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,814
Reaction score
1,112
Tested on a newer pc, TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II also got errors

8xJa4ec.jpeg
hmm.. have you try using the eraser trick? rub along then ddr4 gold pins and not against.. then brush the debri with a soft brush and try again. if you have Jackie Spray 60. spray and let it sit for a while and try again. if it still does not work, then either choice.. 1) run default without expo or 2) do RMA. There is 3 which I don't advise which is to increase the VSoC voltage but this will degrade your ram kit.
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,814
Reaction score
1,112
Just block these people. When I buy from overseas, I always take it as no warranty.
Is ok, in general. I will help, as you wouldnt know in future, they might aid you too. I will only block or blacklist if it gets out of hand but thanks for the advise.
 

tigerwoods

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
11,412
Reaction score
2,638
hmm.. have you try using the eraser trick? rub along then ddr4 gold pins and not against.. then brush the debri with a soft brush and try again. if you have Jackie Spray 60. spray and let it sit for a while and try again. if it still does not work, then either choice.. 1) run default without expo or 2) do RMA. There is 3 which I don't advise which is to increase the VSoC voltage but this will degrade your ram kit.
cleaned with contact cleaner still same problem
sending for RMA tomolo
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top