Myprotein SG

FaithHopeLove

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
2
Selling a box of 12 Myprotein carb crusher chocolate & sea salt flavour for $25 as I purchased the wrong one. PM if you’d like to get it.
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,399
How is the zip lock seal? Good? Or should I transfer to my previous 5 pounder container?
 

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
6,814
Reaction score
1,062
How is the zip lock seal? Good? Or should I transfer to my previous 5 pounder container?
Usually I just transfer the powder into my own containers instead, as I have found that their ziplock seals are usually not very tight.
 
Last edited:

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,399
Usually I just transfer the powder into my own containers instead, as I have found that their ziplock seals are usually not very tight.

Oh. Thanks
Darn it. I was afraid of this as it is a hassle.
 

OMeGa666

Master Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2014
Messages
3,642
Reaction score
60
Any recent bad experience with Singpost? Only noticed the previous posts dated 2016-2017 after my order is dispatched. Regretted selecting home instead of office as delivery address.

buying from myprotein is a gamble. I strongly recommend to tink twice, especially if item is in a bag.

Let you guys see my order tracking:

Date/Time Activity Event Code
01/02/2016 13:06:00 DELAYED - UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES 260
01/02/2016 13:05:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY 340
01/02/2016 13:05:00 DELAYED - UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES 260
01/02/2016 13:04:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY 340
30/01/2016 16:25:00 ARRIVAL AT DELIVERY DEPOT 201
30/01/2016 16:24:00 CUSTOMS CLEARED 433
30/01/2016 16:24:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY 340
30/01/2016 08:51:00 CUSTOMS CLEARED 433
20/01/2016 17:04:00 DELIVERY ATTEMPTED - ADDRESSEE GONE AWAY 282
20/01/2016 17:03:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY 340
20/01/2016 10:41:00 CUSTOMS CLEARED 433
18/01/2016 21:33:00 PARCEL DAMAGED 370
18/01/2016 21:32:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY 340
17/01/2016 23:00:00 INTERNATIONAL HUB 246
13/01/2016 08:24:00 ROUTED TO FINAL DESTINATION 299
12/01/2016 14:20:40 TRAK PAK PROCESS CENTRE 198

till now havent get. and parcel already damaged.
the one they say adressee gone away, actually they called me to say they will deliver between 9am to 1pm..waited until 2pm never appeared. went out and came back and saw a slip that says they tried to deliver at 4pm. (SINGPOST)

had to write in to myprotein to get them to redeliver again cos SINGPOST wanted me to come to post office to collect which I insisted I wont cos its error on their part

Apart from cust service issues, the bag sometimes arrive busted with powder all over the box. Quite risky buying from them. Anyway currently have excess bags of whey, casein and BCAA. Anyone interested can pm me.

yah.. read about the postman pulling stunt. but mine didn't. the postman called me when he was outside my unit. i told him to look for my neighbour, but none was around. so can't help it.

you're right, giving them feedback on singpost inefficiency, hoping that they would change to a different logistic partner in future. but i think it's unlikely, as singpost is the cheapest option for them, since it's free shipping for us.

i also have the same perception when i received my smaller myprotein parcel first. i thought that chap must have left the bigger parcel in his van and delivered only the smaller parcel to me. in the end, it was not. the postman holding on to the bigger parcel was with another van and he was unable to deliver it on time.

Just to update everyone.

It's been more than a month and I still have not received my parcel from MyProtein.

MyProtein has no clue where the parcel is.
SingPost has no clue where the parcel is.

Basically I'm stuck in a ditch. I am trying to contact MyProtein for a refund.
 
Last edited:

FaithHopeLove

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
2
Am looking to sell 500g Myprotein dark chocolate & salted caramel as I have quite a bit of protein left. Used about 4 scoops, $12. Hit me up!
 
Last edited:

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2002
Messages
28,056
Reaction score
546
Peach tea is bad if anyone is contemplating.
Taste more like milk with a tinge of artificial peach.
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,399
My Reviews

Previously use Dymatize iso 1000, so thats gonna be my somewhat baseline

Powder texture
Very powdery. Somewhat like flour or dust. So visually can see powder floating like dust whenever I open the bag.
I hate that.
My preference is dense powder, like heavy milk powder or milo, where you don't see them floating in the air.
Dymatize iso has this heavy dense texture & can somewhat see some separation & grain stay in place when scooping.
Scooping myprotein can see powder start raising & floating up in the air.

Mixability
its does not mix well. After a couple of stirs there are still bit & pices floating. Dymatize don't have this issue
I normally use a spoon & glass. I don't use shaker.
Dymatize iso mix much better.

For the longest time, my impression of a "powdery"protein powder is its inferior. At least inferior to Dymatize iso

Flavour
- Chocolate smooth
I seldom choose chocolate but anyway the flavor is pleasant. I much prefer stronger chocolatey taste but it ok.
I got this mainly for making protein bread. And so far turn out ok, flavor wise.
My top choice would be mocha but isolate do not have, not sure why also, since concentrate has. :mad:

- Chocolate browine
Got the THE Whey+ as a Sample.
I was intrigue in it as I love brownies. However the flavor is not up to standard.
Its not as bad to me as I previously was warned & its still drinkable. Also it does not give much flavor for protein bread.
Overall I would avoid this & recommend Chocolate smooth.

- Vanilla
Have not tried it yet

The ziplock is actually not too bad. Perhaps after sometime it may not seal so well.
 
Last edited:

xSieghartx

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
7,435
Reaction score
0
My Reviews

Previously use Dymatize iso 1000, so thats gonna be my somewhat baseline

Powder texture
Very powdery. Somewhat like flour or dust. So visually can see powder floating like dust whenever I open the bag.
I hate that.
My preference is dense powder, like heavy milk powder or milo, where you don't see them floating in the air.
Dymatize iso has this heavy dense texture & can somewhat see some separation & grain stay in place when scooping.
Scooping myprotein can see powder start raising & floating up in the air.

Flavour
- Chocolate smooth
I seldom choose chocolate but anyway the flavor is pleasant. I much prefer stronger chocolatey taste but it ok.
I got this mainly for making protein bread. And so far turn out ok, flavor wise.
My top choice would be mocha but isolate do not have, not sure why also, since concentrate has. :mad:

- Chocolate browine
Got the THE Whey+ as a Sample.
I was intrigue in it as I love brownies. However the flavor is not up to standard.
Its not as bad to me as I previously was warned & its still drinkable. Also it does not give much flavor for protein bread.
Overall I would avoid this & recommend Chocolate smooth.

- Vanilla
Have not tried it yet

The ziplock is actually not too bad. Perhaps after sometime it may not seal so well.
Definitely agree about the powdery part, I always scoop the powder over a sink to reduce mess from all the stray floaty bits.
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,399
Definitely agree about the powdery part, I always scoop the powder over a sink to reduce mess from all the stray floaty bits.

Yes, I too sometimes does that but most of the time I do the slow-mo method. And gingerly release it near the bottom instead of plonking it down.
 
Last edited:

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,399
Forgot to add mixability.

For the longest time, my impression of a "powdery"protein powder is its inferior. At least inferior to Dymatize iso

My Reviews

Previously use Dymatize iso 1000, so thats gonna be my somewhat baseline

Powder texture
Very powdery. Somewhat like flour or dust. So visually can see powder floating like dust whenever I open the bag.
I hate that.
My preference is dense powder, like heavy milk powder or milo, where you don't see them floating in the air.
Dymatize iso has this heavy dense texture & can somewhat see some separation & grain stay in place when scooping.
Scooping myprotein can see powder start raising & floating up in the air.

Mixability
its does not mix well. After a couple of stirs there are still bit & pices floating. Dymatize don't have this issue
I normally use a spoon & glass. I don't use shaker.
Dymatize iso mix much better.

For the longest time, my impression of a "powdery"protein powder is its inferior. At least inferior to Dymatize iso


Flavour
- Chocolate smooth
I seldom choose chocolate but anyway the flavor is pleasant. I much prefer stronger chocolatey taste but it ok.
I got this mainly for making protein bread. And so far turn out ok, flavor wise.
My top choice would be mocha but isolate do not have, not sure why also, since concentrate has. :mad:

- Chocolate browine
Got the THE Whey+ as a Sample.
I was intrigue in it as I love brownies. However the flavor is not up to standard.
Its not as bad to me as I previously was warned & its still drinkable. Also it does not give much flavor for protein bread.
Overall I would avoid this & recommend Chocolate smooth.

- Vanilla
Have not tried it yet

The ziplock is actually not too bad. Perhaps after sometime it may not seal so well.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
129,916
Reaction score
7,222
Any recent bad experience with Singpost? Only noticed the previous posts dated 2016-2017 after my order is dispatched. Regretted selecting home instead of office as delivery address.
Waiting for mine to deliver too :(

Tried searching the tracking id provided by myprotein on signpost website but no results

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT
 

OMeGa666

Master Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2014
Messages
3,642
Reaction score
60
Waiting for mine to deliver too :(

Tried searching the tracking id provided by myprotein on signpost website but no results

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Luckily my parcel arrived on time. Singpost called me on the day after the parcel reached Singapore, and my neighbour picked that up for me :)

But now troubled over storage issue. 6000ml and 10000ml screw top tub was sold out when I ordered, and I could not find anything similar in the market. To make it worse, 2.5kg casein packaging was slight broken at the top. Not sure how long taping the hole could last.
 
Last edited:

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Messages
88,925
Reaction score
13,614
Realised their pre work out and baca always have this after taste that I am unable to take.
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,399
Today open up vanilla.

Powder texture
Quite similar to Chocolate. But it seems almost, less powdery.

Mixability
Better then chocolate. But Dymatize iso still mix much better.

Flavour
OK to me only. Seems almost bland.
Dymatize iso still taste better to me.

Created another category for this review:-
Drinking Texture
I don't felt this for chocolate but Vanilla it tasted pretty obvious.
It has this "thick/swell up" texture.
As reference, it is similar to vitagen texture.
Whereas Dymatize iso felt, more concentrated type of "thick", almost like yakult texture.
Definitely prefer yakult texture.

So overall, Dymatize iso still the winner currently.

My Reviews

Previously use Dymatize iso 1000, so thats gonna be my somewhat baseline

Powder texture
Very powdery. Somewhat like flour or dust. So visually can see powder floating like dust whenever I open the bag.
I hate that.
My preference is dense powder, like heavy milk powder or milo, where you don't see them floating in the air.
Dymatize iso has this heavy dense texture & can somewhat see some separation & grain stay in place when scooping.
Scooping myprotein can see powder start raising & floating up in the air.

Mixability
its does not mix well. After a couple of stirs there are still bit & pices floating. Dymatize don't have this issue
I normally use a spoon & glass. I don't use shaker.
Dymatize iso mix much better.

For the longest time, my impression of a "powdery"protein powder is its inferior. At least inferior to Dymatize iso

Flavour
- Chocolate smooth
I seldom choose chocolate but anyway the flavor is pleasant. I much prefer stronger chocolatey taste but it ok.
I got this mainly for making protein bread. And so far turn out ok, flavor wise.
My top choice would be mocha but isolate do not have, not sure why also, since concentrate has. :mad:

- Chocolate browine
Got the THE Whey+ as a Sample.
I was intrigue in it as I love brownies. However the flavor is not up to standard.
Its not as bad to me as I previously was warned & its still drinkable. Also it does not give much flavor for protein bread.
Overall I would avoid this & recommend Chocolate smooth.

- Vanilla
Have not tried it yet

The ziplock is actually not too bad. Perhaps after sometime it may not seal so well.
 

tribalblu

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
395
Reaction score
5
I have 2 extra bags of impact whey : 5 kg unflavoured and 2.5 kg stevie choc mint. pm me if interested.
 

xerref

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
5,129
Reaction score
27
Try JESSICA-RGCJ . It's 62% off. A code I found online and used twice already.
But you have to create a new account if you already have an old one. Just insert that into your referral and it should work fine

Wa **** now then I see this. @ 62% one 5kg less than $80 !!

If anyone got extra I want :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top