Myprotein SG

alvinym

Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
122
Reaction score
1
my order shipped out on 6th... still missing, no movement on TRAKPAK site since 7th and Singpost no record of the package too :( ..
 

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,879
Reaction score
5,740
First time ordering from myprotein and I got charged an extra sgd 2+ two days later. Is it normal and anyone knows why?

Prob wont hear from them soon even if I enquire.

I saw my final receipt was SGD 135.35
I opted for debit card payment cos PayPal had a 1% surcharge.
Then I saw my bank statement was SGD 139.14
I called DBS and they told me was a DCC charge by MasterCard

If earlier I knew, I would have opted for PayPal payment.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/cards-rates-fees.page

Dynamic currency conversion
If your card transaction is converted to Singapore dollars via dynamic currency conversion (a service offered at selected merchants or websites), you acknowledge that the process of conversion and the exchange rates applied will be determined by the relevant merchant or dynamic currency conversion service provider, as the case may be. All card transactions which are converted via dynamic currency conversion will be subject to an administrative fee of 2.8% on the converted Singapore dollar amount, which includes a 1% fee by Visa or by MasterCard, which shall be payable by you and debited from your Card account.
 

Dividends

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
4,340
To avoid DCC, use AMEX, I only use Visa and Master for local transactions and local websites.
 

wav35_

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,461
Reaction score
587
I saw my final receipt was SGD 135.35
I opted for debit card payment cos PayPal had a 1% surcharge.
Then I saw my bank statement was SGD 139.14
I called DBS and they told me was a DCC charge by MasterCard

If earlier I knew, I would have opted for PayPal payment.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/cards-rates-fees.page

I got charged sgd 2.55 for sgd 141.80 order so that works out to be 1.8%. weird though.

Co-incidentally i also used DBS card for this order, does it only apply to DBS?

I used my SCB card for iherb orders many times and dun get charged any DCC.
 

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,879
Reaction score
5,740
I got charged sgd 2.55 for sgd 141.80 order so that works out to be 1.8%. weird though.

Co-incidentally i also used DBS card for this order, does it only apply to DBS?

I used my SCB card for iherb orders many times and dun get charged any DCC.

No idea man. I called DBS and that’s what they told me. Merchant said they billed as per the receipt. The additional 2.8% is by MasterCard/Visa and the bank administrative fee.
 

randomA

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Messages
770
Reaction score
8
so on my tracking now it says this:

27/04/2020 14:30:00 DELAYED 260

27/04/2020 14:29:59 OUT FOR DELIVERY 340

anyone knows what could it be delayed for if it's already in SG?
 

wav35_

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,461
Reaction score
587
Apparently its not DCC, DBS told me DCC wont be charged separately and will be together with payment.

End up Myprotein CS told me the SGD 2.55 was charged by them cos one of my items was OOS and they had to sent it separately and hence the charge.

Ridiculous!
why am i being charged when its not my fault?
requested the refund of 2.55 and they agreed.

Luckily i check my cc bills and saw a separate charge of 2.55, if not i wouldnt know.


First time ordering from myprotein and I got charged an extra sgd 2+ two days later. Is it normal and anyone knows why?

Prob wont hear from them soon even if I enquire.
 

wav35_

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,461
Reaction score
587
ordered on 20 April and my items came today (total 19 items).

given that 1 May was a PH, they were actually within the delivery time frame stated.
 

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
6,812
Reaction score
1,062
I have just placed an order today, I will update again when I receive the order to see how long delivery takes.
 
Last edited:

Dividends

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
4,340
Apparently its not DCC, DBS told me DCC wont be charged separately and will be together with payment.

End up Myprotein CS told me the SGD 2.55 was charged by them cos one of my items was OOS and they had to sent it separately and hence the charge.

Ridiculous!
why am i being charged when its not my fault?
requested the refund of 2.55 and they agreed.

Luckily i check my cc bills and saw a separate charge of 2.55, if not i wouldnt know.
That's weird, DCC is always a separate charge on my Citibank statement.
 

sambalkimchi

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Sorry my one was ordered through Iherb, not Myprotein. U can consider they got affordable Almond butter there

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely try it out! I was asking because myprotein's almond butter is going at 6.15sgd for 1kg with the 55% promotion right now but seems like it doesn't ship to singapore or my address :(
 

crlsberg

Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2019
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
So cheaaaap?

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely try it out! I was asking because myprotein's almond butter is going at 6.15sgd for 1kg with the 55% promotion right now but seems like it doesn't ship to singapore or my address :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top