MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoAiNehNeh

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2013
Messages
742
Reaction score
0
Another solution:
Maybe you can try asking MR to check if the engenius router is faulty, and have them replace it with a N15U. Mine was faulty, and I got the N15U as a replacement.

guys.. just to check i just signed for the 100mbps contract under MR... question is are n15u router really stable for the internet speed? cos maybe will have alot device connect to the wifi:s11: or do i really need to change n56u router for play safe?
 

gnowyx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
23,474
Reaction score
972
direct connection to ONT
3020798779.png


after relocation, speed is like this

C1004645
 
Last edited:

reny

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2000
Messages
236
Reaction score
0
Another solution:
Maybe you can try asking MR to check if the engenius router is faulty, and have them replace it with a N15U. Mine was faulty, and I got the N15U as a replacement.

But connection with laptop has no issue. It's hard to troubleshoot and justify with instability. I've lived with it so far by just using 3g on my handphone since I've got so much quota that I can't finish it. But recently I've acquired a Nexus 4 and face the same problem over long connections for downloading big files. since it can support 5GHz so I thought maybe I shd just upgrade my router.
 

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
9,436
Reaction score
5
Hi,

Sorry to ask this here but I can't find any info about this on the website. My contract of 24 mths has just passed about 15mths so I'm not looking for a recontract yet. I'm currently on the Engenius router provided by MR and I'm having problem having stable wireless connection with both my handsets regardless of searching for all solutions.

Anyways I thought that I'll upgrade to the ASUS N56U which would improve my wireless speed as well. On the web, it mentions that upgrading router is $89 but I believe that's for new contracts? I thought I read before about special prices for current subscribers but I can't find any info on it right now? Can anyone advise the price for one?

P.S. I would gladly consider early recontract if I can be offered one for FREE!!

Prices for current customers buying new router

https://secure.myrepublic.com.sg/choose-your-router.php
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
i think i noe why twitch so lag oredi.. my oversea connection for that us east and west speedtest only like 15mb :s22:

Oversea speed test is as reliable as drawing a straight line with free hand 1 round across the globe. :). It does not in any way represent real world speed.
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Sorry to ask this here but I can't find any info about this on the website. My contract of 24 mths has just passed about 15mths so I'm not looking for a recontract yet. I'm currently on the Engenius router provided by MR and I'm having problem having stable wireless connection with both my handsets regardless of searching for all solutions.

Anyways I thought that I'll upgrade to the ASUS N56U which would improve my wireless speed as well. On the web, it mentions that upgrading router is $89 but I believe that's for new contracts? I thought I read before about special prices for current subscribers but I can't find any info on it right now? Can anyone advise the price for one?

P.S. I would gladly consider early recontract if I can be offered one for FREE!!
Hi. Could you pm me with your customer id? Let's run some troubleshooting and let me know the devices involved.
 

mlwang

Master Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2000
Messages
2,962
Reaction score
25
Just a side note, anyone wants to purchase the Home Voice ATA adaptor?

Due to relocation and some screw up from Open net, I am terminating my contract with MR in end Oct, and the Home Voice ATA is useless to me.

PM me if anyone is interested.
 

gnowyx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
23,474
Reaction score
972
Which speed test server are you using?

hey nivleK1985, i using telin, singtel. all same result. max speed is 70mbit/s only. already did direct connection to ONT at 2am, made sure nothing downloading or anyone else sharing the network, still like that.
 

CharadeEnd

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2013
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Just got my MR setup done. Done in less than 10mins. fast and simple. hahaha. Did a speed test with lethernet lan to laptop and got up:140+ dl:22+ for all singapore server. But I got 70+ dl on viewquest server. weird but I don't mind. I am a happy guy with the new connection. :D
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
hey nivleK1985, i using telin, singtel. all same result. max speed is 70mbit/s only. already did direct connection to ONT at 2am, made sure nothing downloading or anyone else sharing the network, still like that.
Mind pm me with your customer ID?
 

Solkarnar

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
17
hi MR, are there any plans to include US google play store in the teleport program? I believe there is sufficient demand in that to warrant taking a look at adding it to the teleport service
 

trashedbox

Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Hi all. If my ont link shows red light even after I off ont for 30mins.
What does it mean? Zzzz
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
hi MR, are there any plans to include US google play store in the teleport program? I believe there is sufficient demand in that to warrant taking a look at adding it to the teleport service

We could do that, but it's not advisable. As doing so will cause the all PlayStore to be redirected to USA instead of local.


Hi all. If my ont link shows red light even after I off ont for 30mins.
What does it mean? Zzzz

Try adjusting your cable. Could be signal issue =)
 

Yelangrelive

Banned
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
guys.. just to check i just signed for the 100mbps contract under MR... question is are n15u router really stable for the internet speed? cos maybe will have alot device connect to the wifi:s11: or do i really need to change n56u router for play safe?

If you want real stable for wireless, use N66U and above and also to find out where your "blind spot", either move the new router to a better location or else avoid that blind spot.
 

Yelangrelive

Banned
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if I can request for the Home Voice SIP password from MR? No number porting; the home voice is really just dangling there - with the sip password, I can do more things :)

As far as i know as of now, they will not release the SIP password and config.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top