MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
9,436
Reaction score
5
Hi all,

Just a quick check. I did not opt for the free opennet installation when i had the chance as at that time, i have not considered where i want to place the equipment.
If i want to install it now, do i have to
1) Call opennet to fix an appointment, then inform the fibre provider that my house is fibre ready for them to come and install the modem OR
2) Just call the fibre service provider and they will arrange an appointment with opennet to pull the wires and fix the equipment?

straight go to option 2
 

tenthjuly

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Hi, I've forgotten my account password and the line is always engage.

I need to check my bills as I've forgotten to pay for about 2months and just received a bill alert via sms.
I'm worried they will terminate my usage anytime.

Can someone kindly advise how can I retrieve password? And other then Giro, can I make payment online via credit card instead?
 

Solkarnar

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
17
Hi, I've forgotten my account password and the line is always engage.

I need to check my bills as I've forgotten to pay for about 2months and just received a bill alert via sms.
I'm worried they will terminate my usage anytime.

Can someone kindly advise how can I retrieve password? And other then Giro, can I make payment online via credit card instead?

I charge my MR bill to my credit card every month. You should too.
 

RoadRunner

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
My connection is still down! There is no word from MR at all. Singtel has already announced their compensation packages and claims their services have been fully restored. Mine is still RED.

There is no update from MR at all. Nothing! All of their previous updates just tells us it is not their problem nor anything within their control. The ball is never in their court.

During this crisis, MR demonstrated they are only focused on selling bandwidth, thats all. They can only sell bandwidth, thats all. Do not and cannot expect anything more from them.

I have been very patient with them, it is very quickly approaching a WEEK.

I will NOT recommend them to any one who ask me. I am bitterly disappointed with them and it has turned to anger.
 

savior75

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
0
we have feedback to the MR team on this. i would rather take lower monthly price then free month. cheers!

I prefer low monthly too.
I signed up the $48.88 in June give N56 but I upgraded to AC-66.
Why now MR all give N15 only? M1 still giving N56 for $39/mth plan.
I couldn't convince my sis to take up MR with the recent show promo of $59 free 6mths. Upfront see brochure MR promo not attractive, somemore all other provider no more 100mbps plans.
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
My connection is still down! There is no word from MR at all. Singtel has already announced their compensation packages and claims their services have been fully restored. Mine is still RED.

There is no update from MR at all. Nothing! All of their previous updates just tells us it is not their problem nor anything within their control. The ball is never in their court.

During this crisis, MR demonstrated they are only focused on selling bandwidth, thats all. They can only sell bandwidth, thats all. Do not and cannot expect anything more from them.

I have been very patient with them, it is very quickly approaching a WEEK.

I will NOT recommend them to any one who ask me. I am bitterly disappointed with them and it has turned to anger.

If you have followed the press, Singtel claims was actually a false one. Or perhaps, it is all Singtel users has been restored since Starhub immediately responded with a press release citing 500 of their subscribers are like you as well.

Hence, it is not so much of MR's issue but rather Singtel always deceive people in a supposedly good image / branding that this incident will soon be forgotten after everything is up. Remember they say that everything can be restored within 6am after the day of fire which is not even 24 hours of downtime?
 

ChiSholm

Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2002
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
My current speed. Previously max used to be 20+ only and thought it's normal until I saw the speeds you guys are having. Am using wireless but it's a huge difference!
 

Triaz881

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
If you have followed the press, Singtel claims was actually a false one. Or perhaps, it is all Singtel users has been restored since Starhub immediately responded with a press release citing 500 of their subscribers are like you as well.

Hence, it is not so much of MR's issue but rather Singtel always deceive people in a supposedly good image / branding that this incident will soon be forgotten after everything is up. Remember they say that everything can be restored within 6am after the day of fire which is not even 24 hours of downtime?
good point. cant believe people actually still believe red statements anymore. actually quite obvious this roadrunner guy dunno what isp is. complain that isp only know how to sell bandwidth, when isp really only provide bandwidth.. fibre cable all under opennet if i not wrong. call isp to fix cable is like call toyota to fix the highway after godzilla attack. good luck with that.
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
good point. cant believe people actually still believe red statements anymore. actually quite obvious this roadrunner guy dunno what isp is. complain that isp only know how to sell bandwidth, when isp really only provide bandwidth.. fibre cable all under opennet if i not wrong. call isp to fix cable is like call toyota to fix the highway after godzilla attack. good luck with that.

Yes, no matter what plan, from which ISP, from Singtel, Starhub, M1, MyRepublic, SuperInternet, LGA Telcom, OSINet, ViewQwest, Zonetel, ReadySpace still must depend on OpenNet aka Stinktel one.

Oh yeah, other than those seen in the threads, the rest are for business users one.

Wonder if Lim Chu Kang's farm are also affected by this incident or not? If affect does it mean no eggs in the wet market boh :p
 

Triaz881

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Yes, no matter what plan, from which ISP, from Singtel, Starhub, M1, MyRepublic, SuperInternet, LGA Telcom, OSINet, ViewQwest, Zonetel, ReadySpace still must depend on OpenNet aka Stinktel one.

Oh yeah, other than those seen in the threads, the rest are for business users one.

Wonder if Lim Chu Kang's farm are also affected by this incident or not? If affect does it mean no eggs in the wet market boh :p
wow. read some news a few days back that opennet will be bought over by red. has that happened already? good luck to us all if that's the case...

lol good point, nobody thought about the poor farmers in lim chu kang. all the chickens bored to death without internet, how to lay eggs?
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
wow. read some news a few days back that opennet will be bought over by red. has that happened already? good luck to us all if that's the case...

lol good point, nobody thought about the poor farmers in lim chu kang. all the chickens bored to death without internet, how to lay eggs?

Earliest is by December 2013 if IDA approves it. All residential ISP (Obviously other than Singtel and not sure those Zonetel and OSINet but including SuperInternet aka forgotten residential ISP) did send a letter to call IDA for rejecting such lousy proposal.

I think OpenNet should rename into CloseNet or SingNet if IDA approves it.
 

Triaz881

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Earliest is by December 2013 if IDA approves it. All residential ISP (Obviously other than Singtel and not sure those Zonetel and OSINet but including SuperInternet aka forgotten residential ISP) did send a letter to call IDA for rejecting such lousy proposal.

I think OpenNet should rename into CloseNet or SingNet if IDA approves it.
Maybe ida need to rename too if they approve. when every single entity except the one involved call to reject, how can they still approve? better invite them to play that board game by parker brothers.
 

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
6,454
Reaction score
0
good point. cant believe people actually still believe red statements anymore. actually quite obvious this roadrunner guy dunno what isp is. complain that isp only know how to sell bandwidth, when isp really only provide bandwidth.. fibre cable all under opennet if i not wrong. call isp to fix cable is like call toyota to fix the highway after godzilla attack. good luck with that.


bro u win .
 

Demori

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Anyone notice that speedtest.net quite slow today? But BBQ still show normal speed leh. Maybe speedtest server got affected by the fire also :s13:
 

meganova97

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Everyone,

I am staying in JW area. Everyday after 10pm, my wifi or LAN speed will drastically drop. Does it happen to those living in Jurong West area?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top