MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
my shittttty connection


showing that does not mean anything bro. Show your taskbar & system tray, with running programs. Show your wire/wireless connection property. Show your computer specs... altogether.

By the way may be I'm stereotype, but seeing someone using Internet Explorer really bug me.
 

llmarachll

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
561
Reaction score
0
myrepublic send me an email telling me can renew contract already ...

dunno still wanna follow them or not since so many complaints ...

but the 1gbps sure is tempting
 

starch1990

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
1,803
Reaction score
0
myrepublic send me an email telling me can renew contract already ...

dunno still wanna follow them or not since so many complaints ...

but the 1gbps sure is tempting

My contract ending end of this month, Am with Starhub now. Heng i nv recon with MR :s22:

Now i only scared when end of month arrives..MR never cancel my connection despite sending an email saying they will do it :s22:
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
myrepublic send me an email telling me can renew contract already ...

dunno still wanna follow them or not since so many complaints ...

but the 1gbps sure is tempting

Because people will only post complains. If nothing happen they will just be happily using :s13:
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
Because people will only post complains. If nothing happen they will just be happily using :s13:

I had some really annoying problems with scheduling and installation, but once installed, I am fairly happy.

2 complaints still remain, if these are a big deal to you:

  1. Connections to china websites (for me, specifically taobao.com) is sketchy at best. You won't know whether it'd work or not. I sometimes have to use a VPN tunnel to Hongkong just to make sure taobao is working fine.
  2. DNS Teleport service is really sketchy too, especially at night. I get hit with Netflix connection errors (country not supported) and it gets really annoying sometimes. I then have to use a VPN tunnel to US to get the stream started.
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,131
Reaction score
401
showing that does not mean anything bro. Show your taskbar & system tray, with running programs. Show your wire/wireless connection property. Show your computer specs... altogether.

By the way may be I'm stereotype, but seeing someone using Internet Explorer really bug me.

yr comment means nothing.... u are just like the cso... blame on us

I already troubleshoot alot for them liao

also I have other pc, tablet, mobile phone .... all slow connection



Anyway , for the others

spam their email and facbook message, they will call u in 1 or 2 days

don't bother holding the line over the phone
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
i'm sure a few of us here knows and highly likely to agree that the previous 100 and 150 plan run smoother than the upgraded 1GB. y? because the routes MR is using is different now when they themselves being an opco?

hell, i believe even someone from their inside feels the same :p
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
yr comment means nothing.... u are just like the cso... blame on us

I already troubleshoot alot for them liao

also I have other pc, tablet, mobile phone .... all slow connection



Anyway , for the others

spam their email and facbook message, they will call u in 1 or 2 days

don't bother holding the line over the phone


Righttttt cus pissing off the Customer service personnel will get you better service. :s22:
 

keanteac

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
18,879
Reaction score
8
3701479707.png


MyRepublic I love you.
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,131
Reaction score
401
ok today I use opera!!

funny thing is .... got the speed, but cannot load webpage properly, especially pictures cannot load



previous video



and my spec... eiiii sai boh?

EYqbkv.png
 
Last edited:

DeCo44

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Because people will only post complains. If nothing happen they will just be happily using :s13:

Is not about complaining.....just hope the rest wont be like us....sign up without doing research or read here and stuck for 2 years...
You got to be in our shoe before you know what we been through.....
don't say gaming....cant even surf internet.
And stuck without any much help from the CS
I know not their fault.....but most of us have no one to look for except them.
 

2ulkifli

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
0
Is not about complaining.....just hope the rest wont be like us....sign up without doing research or read here and stuck for 2 years...
You got to be in our shoe before you know what we been through.....
don't say gaming....cant even surf internet.
And stuck without any much help from the CS
I know not their fault.....but most of us have no one to look for except them.

For this, I really appreciate it.. that is why sharing information is so important, I hope MR solve all the problems for you guys who had been early adopters on their 1Gbps plan.

For me I think I still have till 16Sep to decide, but it is looking more like jumping ship to VQ.. don't mind paying more just can't deal with the frustration.
 

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
6,334
Reaction score
244
Back to this thread. These 4days has been smooth for me for streaming china site and gaming. No idea what they did but just post here i abit more happy than last week and hope the speed consistency.

I not very good on routing etc But if any bro need help on the tracing route i can help to see what they improve on
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
For this, I really appreciate it.. that is why sharing information is so important, I hope MR solve all the problems for you guys who had been early adopters on their 1Gbps plan.

For me I think I still have till 16Sep to decide, but it is looking more like jumping ship to VQ.. don't mind paying more just can't deal with the frustration.

Quick summary after being a MR subscriber 2.5 years (from 100mbps to 150mbps to 1Gbps)

There is a lot MR users in this thread who are very technical and can help alot even in the absent of MR official representatives. While there a mini storm that brewed up during their initial launch, the issues themselves were not unexpected. In fact I had a couple of post on what should early adopter of the service be expecting.

Services are generally stabilizing across the board and the slow anywhere China is still the same as before (pre 1Gbps days) so you can't say it actually gotten much worse. Personally for me, I really don't have any bad to say about the actual usage of the 1Gbps plan the only bad I would say is the commissioning of my service was pretty f**k up by any standard.

If getting a rock solid ISP that is omnipotent is top of the list, then VQ and Singnet would be a pretty no brainer choice. Nothing is free and the subscription rates for either isn't pretty if your going for their top end plans.

MR has still has a lot of room to improve and just as the same when MR first started, a lot of users like me do wish to see MR growing to be a force that can turn the tides of the traffic light monopoly both in price and service quality. Only time will tell.
 
Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
Back to this thread. These 4days has been smooth for me for streaming china site and gaming. No idea what they did but just post here i abit more happy than last week and hope the speed consistency.

I not very good on routing etc But if any bro need help on the tracing route i can help to see what they improve on

For me, streaming to China is really essential and the upstream to it was really ****** up for note than a week before it recovered last week.
 

Darknights

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
6,763
Reaction score
1,433
Teleport service has been dodgy since the start; 90% of the time, it wouldn't work during peak period. MR seems to be pretty misleading with this by advertising this feature as one of the selling point. We should bring this up to CASE - if it doesn't work, stop using it as an advertisement/marketing tool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top