MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
ok today I use opera!!

funny thing is .... got the speed, but cannot load webpage properly, especially pictures cannot load



previous video



and my spec... eiiii sai boh?

EYqbkv.png
Maybe you should list out what you've already tried since I noticed you been having this issue for quite sometime now..

1) Direct to ONT via cat6?
2) Make sure QoS is off in router?
3) Tried different LAN cables?

No doubts about your mobo as it's even newer than mine where chipset is concerned.. lol..
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Is not about complaining.....just hope the rest wont be like us....sign up without doing research or read here and stuck for 2 years...
You got to be in our shoe before you know what we been through.....
don't say gaming....cant even surf internet.
And stuck without any much help from the CS
I know not their fault.....but most of us have no one to look for except them.

How does complaining be translated into sharing information anyway? A legitimate complain seeks resolving of the problem. Sharing information does not necessary means there are problems to be solved.

Moreover how do you know the intention of others is not to complain? You can say that you are sharing information but can you say that of the true intention of others posting in this thread?

This thread is Part 4 liao, some come and post problems then go off when it is solved. I hardly call that sharing information. Some stick around and post stuff, answering qns on and off and voluntarily. These people are those who shares information.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Maybe you should list out what you've already tried since I noticed you been having this issue for quite sometime now..

1) Direct to ONT via cat6?
2) Make sure QoS is off in router?
3) Tried different LAN cables?

No doubts about your mobo as it's even newer than mine where chipset is concerned.. lol..

I have a strange issue with my 1Gbps as well.

Only on IE then I can do 900Mbps. Can't do it on Chrome or Firefox. Even tested with 3 computers at home. :s13:
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
I have a strange issue with my 1Gbps as well.

Only on IE then I can do 900Mbps. Can't do it on Chrome or Firefox. Even tested with 3 computers at home. :s13:
I only use IE and FF on my desktop PC with Win8.1 x64.. both browsers can attain 92x/43x
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I have a strange issue with my 1Gbps as well.

Only on IE then I can do 900Mbps. Can't do it on Chrome or Firefox. Even tested with 3 computers at home. :s13:

I have been testing only on Chrome and able to reach > 900Mbps local download speed most of the time.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
I have been testing only on Chrome and able to reach > 900Mbps local download speed most of the time.

Thats why I say its strange.

Not considering that others can do it with other browsers, the funny thing is that IE I can do 900Mbps, which means my hardware supports it. But just cant do it on chrome or firefox. LOL

At first I thought its a driver issue, and since there are no new drivers from Marvell for windows 8.1 I tried it with Windows 7. lol same result.

Then I tested with my Bro's desktop which is using Realtek, and Realtek has win 8.1 drivers. Same result as well. :s13:

So now I am left with options that required extra $$$ if I wanna get to the bottom of it. I am thinking of: Getting Intel NIC card, Get SSD, or heck buy new com.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Thats why I say its strange.

Not considering that others can do it with other browsers, the funny thing is that IE I can do 900Mbps, which means my hardware supports it. But just cant do it on chrome or firefox. LOL

At first I thought its a driver issue, and since there are no new drivers from Marvell for windows 8.1 I tried it with Windows 7. lol same result.

Then I tested with my Bro's desktop which is using Realtek, and Realtek has win 8.1 drivers. Same result as well. :s13:

So now I am left with options that required extra $$$ if I wanna get to the bottom of it. I am thinking of: Getting Intel NIC card, Get SSD, or heck buy new com.

By the way, I am using Intel onboard LAN and SSD.

If your current computer is serving you well, then just save the $$$ and wait for future hardware since the RAM price increases recently.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
By the way, I am using Intel onboard LAN and SSD.

If your current computer is serving you well, then just save the $$$ and wait for future hardware since the RAM price increases recently.

I see what I will do. Yet to renew my multihost subscription to push 1Gbps to the limit.
 

fantasyrulz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
28,272
Reaction score
1,054
As Promised

Must come here to thanks danxiaogui86 for his help and service !:s12:

From the start a year back when i first signed up for MR he is the one who is handling my subscription. As the hotline and website is always slow and inefficient.... i can always depend on him for fast and efficient reply.

i still remembered pressing those stupid buttons just to get pass all those recorded messages to reach the customer service and the horror is just beginning zzz.

where else a phone call or a whatsapp to Nigel and he will provide the necessary help to get things done. Really efficient and helpful guy.
he goes beyond to provide exceptional service! :s12:

During the upgrading project this year he also helped my uncle and me tremendously on billing and subscription issues when i can't seems to
get through to MR. He is like a highway to all my trouble free lol.
 
Last edited:

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Must come here to thanks danxiaogui86 for his help and service !:s12:

From the start a year back when i first signed up for MR he is the one who is handling my subscription. As the hotline and website is always slow and inefficient.... i can always depend on him for fast and efficient reply.

i still remembered pressing those stupid buttons just to get pass all those recorded messages to reach the customer service and the horror is just beginning zzz.

where else a phone call or a whatsapp to Nigel and he will provide the necessary help to get things done. Really efficient and helpful guy.
he goes beyond to provide exceptional service! :s12:

During the upgrading project this year he also helped my uncle and me tremendously on billing and subscription issues when i can't seems to
get through to MR. He is like a highway to all my trouble free lol.

Thanks for compliment bro :) You trusted by signing up with me, it the least i can do to help too.
 

nWo

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2002
Messages
1,134
Reaction score
0
Will MR be able to offer the new Asus RT-AC87U router for its current upgrading promotion, as it will also be launched during the upcoming Comex?
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Will MR be able to offer the new Asus RT-AC87U router for its current upgrading promotion, as it will also be launched during the upcoming Comex?

Don't think so. Heard there not enough stock so will only sell at standalone by asus.
 

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
10,594
Reaction score
158
2 years contract with MR coming to an end soon.
Contemplating whether to switch to M1 (using 3 mobile lines) or to stick with MR.
But my needs for fast fibre have gone down since I enlisted in the army.
Haha, hope to have some good deals at comex.
 

Groudon

Member
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
359
Reaction score
138
Thats why I say its strange.

Not considering that others can do it with other browsers, the funny thing is that IE I can do 900Mbps, which means my hardware supports it. But just cant do it on chrome or firefox. LOL

At first I thought its a driver issue, and since there are no new drivers from Marvell for windows 8.1 I tried it with Windows 7. lol same result.

Then I tested with my Bro's desktop which is using Realtek, and Realtek has win 8.1 drivers. Same result as well. :s13:

So now I am left with options that required extra $$$ if I wanna get to the bottom of it. I am thinking of: Getting Intel NIC card, Get SSD, or heck buy new com.

Actually, same situation here. After downgrading CPU to Pentium G630, my Chrome hasn't been able to reach >600Mbps either, but IE was still capable of pulling through those speeds.
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
hey guys,

For contract buy-back plan, do I still submit the non-MR termination bill to buyback@myrepublic.com.sg or to mybilling@myrepublic.com.sg for the computation of billing credits?

I just terminated my current non-MR service contract today after 1.5 months of stable MR 1Gbps Gamer connectivity.

Email both :s13:

good idea.. I have to wait till 20th-25th Aug when my next non-MR bill come with the termination information :)


My termination bill just arrive today and submitted my claim :)
 

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
16
Anyone with experience upgrading from 100mbps to 300 mbps?
Will there be any downtime as they upgrade the speed?
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
Anyone with experience upgrading from 100mbps to 300 mbps?
Will there be any downtime as they upgrade the speed?
Erm...I wanted to do the same to my 100mbps mr sub too...initially I have sign up the whips one but they say have issue...
 

xsrike

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
0
Having problems registering a netflix account.Encountering this problem after keying in payment details.
Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please try again later.

Anyone know any workaround or what is the cause?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top