MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat123

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
point 1 ) they exist, SPAM their facebook and website chat, ask them to call you

point 2 ) I also have this problem, they are still monitoring on my connection, they have been doing remote access on my network. is their F@RKING problem

point 3 ) yes, that means yr connection has problem.,.. call them...

I have bad connection for 5 months!!!!

as usual, different people have different experience

Did they solve your problem?
After trying to call through umpteen times , their customer "service" office picked up.
Scheduled an appointment to replace my router today.
The guy got here did a test and told my mom that the router is working fine and got a speed test of 900mbps and changed the cables and left.
When I got home first thing I did was to test the internet.
Guess what? No internet Connection on wireless.
I have 2 laptop and 1 MacBook at home. None of them work for a wireless connection.
I'm typing this on 3G again lol.
Way to go myrepublic
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Did they solve your problem?
After trying to call through umpteen times , their customer "service" office picked up.
Scheduled an appointment to replace my router today.
The guy got here did a test and told my mom that the router is working fine and got a speed test of 900mbps and changed the cables and left.
When I got home first thing I did was to test the internet.
Guess what? No internet Connection on wireless.
I have 2 laptop and 1 MacBook at home. None of them work for a wireless connection.
I'm typing this on 3G again lol.
Way to go myrepublic

1. Did you test with direct connection from ONT?
2. Did you test with wired connection?
3. Did you configure the WiFi settings after replacement of router?
 

Hat123

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
1. Did you test with direct connection from ONT?
2. Did you test with wired connection?
3. Did you configure the WiFi settings after replacement of router?

1. Yes
2. Yes. Wired connection works. Wireless does not.
Tested on my laptop and Mac and iPad. Can't connect at all.
3. The technician resetted the settings to default. Didn't make any changes to the wifi except adding on a wpa2 key
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
1. Yes
2. Yes. Wired connection works. Wireless does not.
Tested on my laptop and Mac and iPad. Can't connect at all.
3. The technician resetted the settings to default. Didn't make any changes to the wifi except adding on a wpa2 key

Authentication Method: WPA-2 Personal?

Can you try to reset your router settings and try again? Meaning connect via WiFi without any password.
 

Hat123

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
Authentication Method: WPA-2 Personal?

Can you try to reset your router settings and try again? Meaning connect via WiFi without any password.
Dude I've already tried all that.
Are you representing them or something? Their stupid customer support hanged up on me awhile ago.
This is getting ridiculous. I called back again and it says after office hours. Wtf way to go in customer service.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Dude I've already tried all that.
Are you representing them or something? Their stupid customer support hanged up on me awhile ago.
This is getting ridiculous. I called back again and it says after office hours. Wtf way to go in customer service.

I am not representing MR. Just helping out only.

Do you mean even restore to factory default also does not work?
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Clementi, ONT Link red LED. Reboot of ONT did not help. All cables attached properly. Down since 10:15.
 

RainbowTrail

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
just a side note; MyRepublic issues private class B (172.x.x.x) unroutable IP addresses.

Which means you would not be able to port forward any ports (it'd be as though you're behind a corporate/campus LAN) unless you pay S$50 one-time charge for static IP.
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Did you manage to connect back on? Try a few times liao
Called and got through the CS.
They said there's a network maintenance for clementi area for the 300mpbs plan. I'm on the 150 gamer which is not supposed to be affected.
 

lixiang9779

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
483
Reaction score
0
Wow piece of ****. Unable to connect
Choa chu kang area.
Any solution to this?
No matter what i do it just wont connect
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Wow piece of ****. Unable to connect
Choa chu kang area.
Any solution to this?
No matter what i do it just wont connect

Is there any red light on your ONT?

Someone from VQ also feedback that they cannot access Internet at Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang. I am not sure if it is due to the Exchange?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top