MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tronian

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2001
Messages
5,665
Reaction score
0
anyone got problem surfing taobao when using MR?
sometimes I feel it times out a lot, have to keep refreshing to have It load faster.
 

rustcify

Junior Member
Joined
May 1, 2012
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Hey , I just check that the Norton codes that I previously had disappeared from my account when I changed from 100 > pure 300. Anyway to get them back?
 

Hat123

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
To anyone thinking of signing up with MyRepublic , please think twice.

  • Non Existent Customer Service
  • Internet Keeps Dropping for no reason
  • 1GB/s Plan? More like 10MB/s

I've been trying to fix my internet for the past 2 weeks.
Totally no response from them @ all.
Customer service helpline = 1 hour on wait and problem not fixed.

Btw I am typing this on a 3G Connection
 
Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
To anyone thinking of signing up with MyRepublic , please think twice.

  • Non Existent Customer Service
  • Internet Keeps Dropping for no reason
  • 1GB/s Plan? More like 10MB/s

I've been trying to fix my internet for the past 2 weeks.
Totally no response from them @ all.
Customer service helpline = 1 hour on wait and problem not fixed.

Btw I am typing this on a 3G Connection

I agreed on Point 1 - Non Existent Customer Service but not Point 2 and 3 as I did not encounter before.

Are you able to share more regarding Point 2 and 3?
 

Hat123

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
I agreed on Point 1 - Non Existent Customer Service but not Point 2 and 3 as I did not encounter before.

Are you able to share more regarding Point 2 and 3?

Point 2 Internet keeps dropping? Using it for perhaps 30 mins before the connection drops dead.
No use when resetting router , comes back on as and when it likes.
For example now

Point 3 Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
This is tested currently , after repeated tries to access the net.
I am on a 1gbps plan btw
 
Last edited:

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
Point 2 Internet keeps dropping? Using it for perhaps 30 mins before the connection drops dead.
No use when resetting router , comes back on as and when it likes.
For example now

Point 3 Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
This is tested currently , after repeated tries to access the net.
I am on a 1gbps plan btw
Point 2 : internet dropping on wireless or wired? Did you try wireless to check if you are getting better speed than on wired?

Point 3 : Which server did you test?
 

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
14,988
Reaction score
227
Point 1 agree.
Point 2 happens from time to time but not always.
Point 3 used to but solved ever since their maintenance.
 

gidajz

Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
7
To anyone thinking of signing up with MyRepublic , please think twice.

  • Non Existent Customer Service
  • Internet Keeps Dropping for no reason
  • 1GB/s Plan? More like 10MB/s

I've been trying to fix my internet for the past 2 weeks.
Totally no response from them @ all.
Customer service helpline = 1 hour on wait and problem not fixed.

Btw I am typing this on a 3G Connection

Actually I have to say that I had no issues with their customer service, every time I called in always can connect, the time I called to cancel also quite fast.
The connection was generally fine and okay, don't recall any major disruptions.

The thing that I couldn't stand about MR was that after I signed up with them, they kept double billing me, THREE TIMES in total. Even after I called their customer service to sort out the mess, and told them to stop it, it kept happening throughout the 2 years contract.

Gave them long enough to sort out their internal processes and still cannot, I knew I had to drop them. Plus after I sign up they came out with a plan similar to mine for a lower price not long after which left a sour taste in my mouth. Way to go to support your early adopters MR.
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
To anyone thinking of signing up with MyRepublic , please think twice.

  • Non Existent Customer Service
  • Internet Keeps Dropping for no reason
  • 1GB/s Plan? More like 10MB/s

I've been trying to fix my internet for the past 2 weeks.
Totally no response from them @ all.
Customer service helpline = 1 hour on wait and problem not fixed.

Btw I am typing this on a 3G Connection

1. My ONT gave me issue on one Saturday night, I called in, CS assured me technician will come by next working day to service. Monday morning, 10.25am Tech came by to replace equipment for me.

2. I would think this is equipments related. Unless using same TP and same cables u can maintain a connection with a different provider.

3. Depending on source, I have no issue with speed most of the time.

Just sharing my experience.
 

lixiang9779

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
483
Reaction score
0
MY due is due for recontract soon.
Looks like myrepublic is not doing too well now.
my speedtest is slow, 68-75 when im running a 150mbps plan.
not sure issit the powerline or the speed is just slow.

Also the gaming priority is plain bull ****.
play on other servers beside singapore still lag as fug:s13:


any good ISP to recommend:o
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,132
Reaction score
402
To anyone thinking of signing up with MyRepublic , please think twice.

  • Non Existent Customer Service
  • Internet Keeps Dropping for no reason
  • 1GB/s Plan? More like 10MB/s

I've been trying to fix my internet for the past 2 weeks.
Totally no response from them @ all.
Customer service helpline = 1 hour on wait and problem not fixed.

Btw I am typing this on a 3G Connection

point 1 ) they exist, SPAM their facebook and website chat, ask them to call you

point 2 ) I also have this problem, they are still monitoring on my connection, they have been doing remote access on my network. is their F@RKING problem

point 3 ) yes, that means yr connection has problem.,.. call them...

I have bad connection for 5 months!!!!

as usual, different people have different experience
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top