MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
Hmm other than getting about 50% subscribed speeds to Equinix peers during peak hour, the line itself is generally very usable for the price, and the mobile data bundle is nice to have.

Also, at least they have an established and competent customer service team... ahem


Technical support, I agree. Customer Service, it is a zero for me with M1 unfortunately...

And plus, I am not here for a discussion about M1 ;)

(I Don't want infraction)
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
Teleport is not working for me at all. It does not work with my Samsung Smart TV :/
so I got UnoTelly instead :/ but oh well

I do enjoy my MR connection but it's really frustrating when issues occur - you can't get answers (but I must say the Twitter team is trying their best)

random question - how are you guys managing your ethernet cables at your router (AC68U) - all my 4 ports are used up...
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
Teleport is not working for me at all. It does not work with my Samsung Smart TV :/
so I got UnoTelly instead :/ but oh well

I do enjoy my MR connection but it's really frustrating when issues occur - you can't get answers (but I must say the Twitter team is trying their best)

random question - how are you guys managing your ethernet cables at your router (AC68U) - all my 4 ports are used up...

Whaaaaat? How did you use all four ports? Every PC at home all wired ah. :eek:
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Why not M1 Broadband? I am using their 1Gbps fibre as a backup/load balance line (primary is VQ) and it is very good value for money.

Or rather I don't see any benefit for going for MR over M1 other than Teleport, though it seems they may have bitten off more than they could chew (bandwidth wise) by making it free for everybody.

So in general, their static IP works well and the internet do not have much issues? Torrent works well at all times of the day with speeds flying if there are good seeders? No throttling?
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Teleport is not working for me at all. It does not work with my Samsung Smart TV :/
so I got UnoTelly instead :/ but oh well

I do enjoy my MR connection but it's really frustrating when issues occur - you can't get answers (but I must say the Twitter team is trying their best)

random question - how are you guys managing your ethernet cables at your router (AC68U) - all my 4 ports are used up...

I attached a netgear smart switch. quite good. get from amazon cheaper too. The adapter is universal voltage. :s12:
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
what's the Dark Side? haha I'm on HubClub anyway.

but sigh I really like MR promo pricing for the 1Gbps... oh well

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

You can google to find out what is the "Dark" side.

I'm in the midst of signing up with MR for my new home BB.
However, I can't manage to get hold of anyone from MR after trying to call in for 3 consecutive days.

Well, this bad experience makes me ponder again whether to trust MR services. In the event of any problem, do I have to call and call for 3 days and yet nobody attends to me to resolve my problem.

What is your Internet usage?

Apart from the infamous MR customer service, another point to note is the inconsistent billing date.
 
Last edited:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
Whaaaaat? How did you use all four ports? Every PC at home all wired ah. :eek:
haha router is in my room, PC, PS3 and PSTV so 3 out of 4 already used.

the 4th I'm gonna connect to a 8port switch for my Smart TV, PS4, Amazon FireTV and maybe WiiU (via USB adapter)

I prefer to use wired for my fixed devices. my mobile/handhelds/laptop can use WiFi.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT
 

Lineager

Banned
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Messages
266
Reaction score
1
I guess myrepublic is good. But j called it like the whole week from 10am - 4pm and waited for 20minutes just to find out more about their services and what they offer.

My goodness, what are they doing? No one pick up my call, even i when online for a live chat... after few minutes got some on live. Spoke to him 1 question.. KAN gg!!

Please call in to our technical support and happily paste the number.

Nebih cibei!!!!! Who the fk say they are good? Waste of time.

Imagine trying to call for support, kan sure die. 1year later they come or after contract over.

MR is bullsht.
 

andr3wyong

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,915
Reaction score
0
So in general, their static IP works well and the internet do not have much issues? Torrent works well at all times of the day with speeds flying if there are good seeders? No throttling?
I think between the various sub-$50 offerings, the congestion levels (especially at night) remain similar, just that at least M1 has some buffer of CSOs and existing international bandwidth options that MR seems to lack.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
I think between the various sub-$50 offerings, the congestion levels (especially at night) remain similar, just that at least M1 has some buffer of CSOs and existing international bandwidth options that MR seems to lack.

That is true.... Tied between M1 1gbps or VQ 600mbps ... Left 1 more mth to decide..
 

Groudon

Member
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
359
Reaction score
138
Did anyone's internet in the west go down?

Was wondering the same myself, a friend and I are having an issue where half of the Internet is down except certain sites such as Facebook. No one complained since 1130 though, which is when it started.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top