MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demori

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
try buying a giftcard and redeem it

No need, US post code is enough. Netflix wants you to sign up easily too, free money just take :D

Btw, anyone tried Hulu or Amazon Instant Video? How does it fare against Netflix? All need to pay, dunno which to choose :s22:
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
No need, US post code is enough. Netflix wants you to sign up easily too, free money just take :D

Btw, anyone tried Hulu or Amazon Instant Video? How does it fare against Netflix? All need to pay, dunno which to choose :s22:
i do not have an OCBC card.
but even with my forwarder's address.
the decline my posb/dbs card.
i used to use a prepaid CC to sub.

hulu can chromecast from desktop browser :D
 

Demori

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
i do not have an OCBC card.
but even with my forwarder's address.
the decline my posb/dbs card.
i used to use a prepaid CC to sub.

hulu can chromecast from desktop browser :D

Weird, I think I used a DBS card and worked. Just had to use US zip code every time they asked for one. Maybe they changed?

Ohhh. Always wondered what chromecast is, now I know what to use it for :s13: Pity Hulu don't have Orange is the New Black :( Netflix can?
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
You don't need a VPN to download or read a magazine from next issue. You need a US iTunes or google play account to download the app. That's it.

- V.

I got the app on my device already.

When you visit the nextissue site via my laptop, it recognises Im not in the US and says that the service is only available in the US.

Can you sign up with a singapore credit card and just change the zip code to USA?

Are you saying that once you're a paid subscriber they dont care which country you download their mags from?

Just want to confirm as I dont want to pay up and them get locked out of my account.

Thanks.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
pay by credit card
remember use USA ZIP CODE
for hulu and netflix USA ZIP CODE : 97230

I know netflix works but remember reasing that hulu is very strict about you signing up with a US credit card. Thats why a lot of people use the prepaid cc from 'buyfrompowerseller.com'
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
I know netflix works but remember reasing that hulu is very strict about you signing up with a US credit card. Thats why a lot of people use the prepaid cc from 'buyfrompowerseller.com'

i paid my netflix and huluplus via paypal us tied to my sg cc.
 

outer92

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
1,343
Reaction score
1
I know netflix works but remember reasing that hulu is very strict about you signing up with a US credit card. Thats why a lot of people use the prepaid cc from 'buyfrompowerseller.com'

I paid my hulu plus by SG citibanK credit card
 

VarunSG

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
478
Reaction score
0
I got the app on my device already.

When you visit the nextissue site via my laptop, it recognises Im not in the US and says that the service is only available in the US.

Can you sign up with a singapore credit card and just change the zip code to USA?

Can't help you with payment mechanisms - I use a US card. Used to visit the US very often on work; opened an account there during one of the visits, exactly for these things. :)

Are you saying that once you're a paid subscriber they dont care which country you download their mags from?

That's how it works for me. I download magazines at work, at home, anywhere - no problems. If their site is detecting you as a non-US visitor, try (1) a VPN just for the signup (2) a different browser (especially if you're using safari which seems to cheerfully pass on geo information).

Best of luck.

- V.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Thanks for the great tips guys...I need to change my browser away from safari. Is there any that doesnt pass on geo information so willingly....i have firefox and chrome.
 

azrin619

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
I just use my AMEX Ezlink Card (the customised $50 one) from transit link.
they have the commsGateway service.. so I use their customised address and phone number issued for me...

and the amex card works.
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the great tips guys...I need to change my browser away from safari. Is there any that doesnt pass on geo information so willingly....i have firefox and chrome.

Try out Preferences -> Privacy -> 'Limit website access to location services' -> Deny without prompting.

Bolts
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top