MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Xiphos_

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
0
FYI. The speed will never be at 1000gbps (in case of typo) or 1Gbps in real life. The max one can achieve is around 950Mbps +/-.

haha yea im aware of that. thanks!

1000Mbps bro. 1000Gbps is too power. LOL.

Anyway, best is you can drop an email to mybilling@myrepublic.com.sg to check if you have any balance need to pay. Don't mention that they never charge. If they say no, just keep that email lo. :)

LOL typo bro. good suggestion right there. thank you!
 

henrylim1972

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
0
Quick heads-up for all you Taobao junkies: If you use the 阿里旺旺 messenger, you should check your Windows Task Manager (if you're using Windows) for AliPay processes running in the background.

Turns out that one of the AliPay processes running in the background was scanning all my network traffic (probably for some security bullcrap) and severely limiting my network speeds. Switched it off and now its back purring at 900+++Mbps (use msconfig to stop 阿里旺旺 from auto-starting).


Hi YKK,

I assume the latest update from merlin is a no go zone for now .... It capped your 1Gbps. Did it stop your external access?
BTW, which VPN provider did you use for OpenVPN?
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
Hi YKK,

I assume the latest update from merlin is a no go zone for now .... It capped your 1Gbps. Did it stop your external access?
BTW, which VPN provider did you use for OpenVPN?

External access was alright.

As for OpenVPN, I set up my AC68U as the OpenVPN server =:p

So I VPN to home, from anywhere, and hence my outgoing traffic behaves as if it comes from my home's MR connection :D

Works very well to get past any overzealous corporate firewall.
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
I know MR seems to have completely vanished from this place, but I thought I'd ask if anyone is facing this problem on Android's Netflix APK (v3.7.1 all the way to v3.8.3),

gV8CQnW.png
 

jackycar

Master Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
4,897
Reaction score
129
I completely understand that you have problems in particular with some apps (which I admittedly do not use), though to be fair, I would say I'm fairly pleased most of the time with their network quality (on MR 1Gbps).

But I don't think I can live with not having any CS, nor having to wait 30 minutes every time I give them a call.

Plus I am relocating and I absolutely can't live with any uncertainties/delays/miscommunications with relocating my 1Gbps connection to my new place.

So unfortunately I might have to make the jump somewhere else. My current place will still retain this current contract though so MR still has time to get their act together :o

Time to go VQ :D
 

yanbros

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
1
Anyone have issues with connection when downloading large amounts of torrent? using WiFi, my connection just stops but WiFi still showing full bar but no bytes tx or Rx. All mobile devices on wifi also will not have any rx and tx. Any fix for this?
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,133
Reaction score
402
Anyone have issues with connection when downloading large amounts of torrent? using WiFi, my connection just stops but WiFi still showing full bar but no bytes tx or Rx. All mobile devices on wifi also will not have any rx and tx. Any fix for this?

most likely your router cant take it?
 

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,502
Reaction score
12
Anyone have issues with connection when downloading large amounts of torrent? using WiFi, my connection just stops but WiFi still showing full bar but no bytes tx or Rx. All mobile devices on wifi also will not have any rx and tx. Any fix for this?

I guess it is due to ur wifi router. long time ago when i was using sh cable, also got similar problem with that wifi router. normal time ok, when torrent start, dc, can ping to router but not internet. the router cant take the load
 

yanbros

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
1
I guess it is due to ur wifi router. long time ago when i was using sh cable, also got similar problem with that wifi router. normal time ok, when torrent start, dc, can ping to router but not internet. the router cant take the load

Hm... Its interesting to know that the router can't it. But is there such a thing as cannot take it? How much is the threshold? I'm using Asus rt-n56u.
 

ocping

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
3
From this thread... seems MR is going downhill. I guess promising $50 for 1gbps is too unrealistic at the moment haha. Will probably stay with SingTel or try VQ once my contract ends in 3 days.
 

suppin

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
386
Reaction score
0
Any MR staff here? I logged in a request via the online support ticket almost 2 weeks ago and also called up the customer service "hotline" several times to terminate my subscription. NO followup whatsoever, despite the "service" staff promising call back "today or tomorrow". Other ISP can effect the termination on the day and arrange for collection of ONTs after, I don't see why MR can't do the same.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a tactic to delay termination of subscription to earn money.
 

vcrpex

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
Hi, my old debit card have expired and i have put the new card number for my account but it still fail to deduct. Please advise. I have been trying to contact your hotline but just couldnt get thru. Do i really have to go down to Vertex just for this?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Any MR staff here? I logged in a request via the online support ticket almost 2 weeks ago and also called up the customer service "hotline" several times to terminate my subscription. NO followup whatsoever, despite the "service" staff promising call back "today or tomorrow". Other ISP can effect the termination on the day and arrange for collection of ONTs after, I don't see why MR can't do the same.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a tactic to delay termination of subscription to earn money.

Hi, my old debit card have expired and i have put the new card number for my account but it still fail to deduct. Please advise. I have been trying to contact your hotline but just couldnt get thru. Do i really have to go down to Vertex just for this?

Have you all drop them an email?
 

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
6,454
Reaction score
0
Hi, my old debit card have expired and i have put the new card number for my account but it still fail to deduct. Please advise. I have been trying to contact your hotline but just couldnt get thru. Do i really have to go down to Vertex just for this?

Heard there's some problem. So just wait for a few days before trying again.
 

andr3wyong

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,915
Reaction score
0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top