MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocax

Honorary Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
132,944
Reaction score
11,759
it seems like the internet problem happens for certain ip.

due to MR changing ip quite often, if unlucky might get one non-working ip.

on Sunday night, i got the same IP a few times in a row and couldn't access internet. only when i got a different IP then I'm able to access...

maybe MR blocked certain IPs in the particular subnet, and forgot to remove them from the dhcp pool?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
it seems like the internet problem happens for certain ip.

due to MR changing ip quite often, if unlucky might get one non-working ip.

on Sunday night, i got the same IP a few times in a row and couldn't access internet. only when i got a different IP then I'm able to access...

maybe MR blocked certain IPs in the particular subnet, and forgot to remove them from the dhcp pool?

You can consider to get the Static IP for an one-time installation charge of $50.
 

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
4,083
Reaction score
629
Connection managed to get back this morning!
Knn MR better wake up their idea, whole of woodland down at least send notification, I nearly mess up my configuration of the modem when I try to trouble shoot.
 

blitzio

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2007
Messages
587
Reaction score
2
internet is slow tonight - very poor Netflix/Amazon streaming :/

Same here, Netflix isn't loading properly on the now free Teleport DNS service. Probably bottlenecking at this point since the floodgates have been opened.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Are there any MR's agents still? I remember danxiaogui used to be a lot more active last time, not working as agent already ah?
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
Same here, Netflix isn't loading properly on the now free Teleport DNS service. Probably bottlenecking at this point since the floodgates have been opened.

I can't imagine switching back to StarHub fibre once my contract is up :/
sigh I really hope MR gets everything together
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Are there any MR's agents still? I remember danxiaogui used to be a lot more active last time, not working as agent already ah?

I doubt there is any as of now.

I can't imagine switching back to StarHub fibre once my contract is up :/
sigh I really hope MR gets everything together

You can consider the "Dark" side if you do not want to switch back to StarHub.
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
what's the Dark Side? haha I'm on HubClub anyway.

but sigh I really like MR promo pricing for the 1Gbps... oh well

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT


Which reminds me. This SH plan for fiber and cable BB in one package. Their internet services so bad until need to use their cable BB as supporting BB meh? My friend was asking me the other time, he thought they bundled cable TV with the fiber. Then I asked him to finish reading the sentence (they eventually did bundle 15 channels but have you seen the channels? lol). Ha ha.

Reminds me of ST when they ask me to get 2 modems, one for MIO TV and one for their ADSL BB. So many boxes...SORRY for off topic.

MyRepublic is alright lah. For that price, they actually can deliver the speed. Right now for that price, the big 3 can only match half the speed.

If you like the price, can go for another fiber plan since homes can support 2 connections. It would be advisable if you are switching plans, then downgrade your SH's BB to cable or something that is the cheapest loh. You still get the HubClub benefits and you can use fiber from MR.

Does not mean it would be the most ingenious way of doing things but just a thought.

BUT whatever you do, don't get M1's fiber broadband.
 
Last edited:

xiaogin

Master Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2013
Messages
3,772
Reaction score
34
I'm in the midst of signing up with MR for my new home BB.
However, I can't manage to get hold of anyone from MR after trying to call in for 3 consecutive days.

Well, this bad experience makes me ponder again whether to trust MR services. In the event of any problem, do I have to call and call for 3 days and yet nobody attends to me to resolve my problem.
 

andr3wyong

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,915
Reaction score
0
Which reminds me. This SH plan for fiber and cable BB in one package. Their internet services so bad until need to use their cable BB as supporting BB meh? My friend was asking me the other time, he thought they bundled cable TV with the fiber. Then I asked him to finish reading the sentence (they eventually did bundle 15 channels but have you seen the channels? lol). Ha ha.

Reminds me of ST when they ask me to get 2 modems, one for MIO TV and one for their ADSL BB. So many boxes...SORRY for off topic.

MyRepublic is alright lah. For that price, they actually can deliver the speed. Right now for that price, the big 3 can only match half the speed.

If you like the price, can go for another fiber plan since homes can support 2 connections. It would be advisable if you are switching plans, then downgrade your SH's BB to cable or something that is the cheapest loh. You still get the HubClub benefits and you can use fiber from MR.

Does not mean it would be the most ingenious way of doing things but just a thought.

BUT whatever you do, don't get M1's fiber broadband.
Why not M1 Broadband? I am using their 1Gbps fibre as a backup/load balance line (primary is VQ) and it is very good value for money.

Or rather I don't see any benefit for going for MR over M1 other than Teleport, though it seems they may have bitten off more than they could chew (bandwidth wise) by making it free for everybody.
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
Why not M1 Broadband? I am using their 1Gbps fibre as a backup/load balance line (primary is VQ) and it is very good value for money.

Or rather I don't see any benefit for going for MR over M1 other than Teleport, though it seems they may have bitten off more than they could chew (bandwidth wise) by making it free for everybody.


M1 for me is like a backup line or a last resort. In terms of speeds, their previous offerings left a bad taste in my mouth. Had to cancel it eventually. Now that they have the 1Gbps plan, I highly doubt I would be bothered with it.
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
I'm in the midst of signing up with MR for my new home BB.
However, I can't manage to get hold of anyone from MR after trying to call in for 3 consecutive days.

Well, this bad experience makes me ponder again whether to trust MR services. In the event of any problem, do I have to call and call for 3 days and yet nobody attends to me to resolve my problem.


I thought sign-up for them has always been like an online process de?
 

andr3wyong

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,915
Reaction score
0
M1 for me is like a backup line or a last resort. In terms of speeds, their previous offerings left a bad taste in my mouth. Had to cancel it eventually. Now that they have the 1Gbps plan, I highly doubt I would be bothered with it.
Hmm other than getting about 50% subscribed speeds to Equinix peers during peak hour, the line itself is generally very usable for the price, and the mobile data bundle is nice to have.

Also, at least they have an established and competent customer service team... ahem
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top