MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
Lite plan is limited till 4 Jun 2020, you can try yr luck after this date... they might not extend...

it is similar like Giga popup plan.. only certain period...
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Nope, it won't go up. Of cause they might change, but it has never happened before. It they change they will lose lots of customers.
I'm on UNO $8 plan, it has been for $8 /mth for 2 years since. Don't worry so much, unlike so MVNO who says $18/mth for 12mths and $28/mth after 12mths.

Lite plan is limited till 4 Jun 2020, you can try yr luck after this date... they might not extend...

it is similar like Giga popup plan.. only certain period...

I just signed up for MR Lite Plan earlier.
Just nice my current Sinktel kns sim only plan 12 months ending this month.

Lucky MR Lite Plan is all I need as a Lite User.
 

dexboi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
5,572
Reaction score
1,893
The banks are governed under the Banking Secrecy Act so it is not linked to the banks definitely.

Telco might look at a few factors:

(1) Telco History, the longer the better and more reliable

(2) Telco bills amount. If it is $10/month for only 6-12 months might not be good. If it is $30-80 per month consistently for 24 months or more, better than the earlier one. If $500/month, you may be considered very high risk

(3) Defaulted bills, whether they are paid down, stays the same or keep increasing.

I am guessing the same as well. My monthly telco bills across Singtel and M1 are in the $350 range. 5 lines, 1 broadband - most likely considered high risk for a single person.

Oh well. Fuk that $100 deposit requirement.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Myrepublic Lite plan so far the best cannot miss plan
Indeed.

The plan is only $10 a month and it gives enough data, talktime and SMS that the users totally do not need to worry about extra usage and the price is permanent. Comparing to previously average $20 per month of the sim-only plan that will pay, now the price is cut to half.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
374
Also means you can port out anytime. Why worry about something that may not happen?And if it does happen, simply port out...

Lite Plan $10 a month No Contract

I have a concern.
When will price go up?

Since no contract they can up monthly price anytime.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Also means you can port out anytime. Why worry about something that may not happen?And if it does happen, simply port out...

True.
No contract can port out.
Just troublesome.

Guess too many competition in the mobile market nowadays like the power supply market.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,408
Reaction score
18,596
I just signed up for MR Lite Plan earlier.
Just nice my current Sinktel kns sim only plan 12 months ending this month.

Lucky MR Lite Plan is all I need as a Lite User.

That's good choice to save money every month. $10 affordable plan as compared to the other 3 main telco
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Any limit of the no of lines can sign up with MR lite plan? Maybe I will maximise the lines and port in those numbers from other telcos with contract ending later.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,408
Reaction score
18,596
Any limit of the no of lines can sign up with MR lite plan? Maybe I will maximise the lines and port in those numbers from other telcos with contract ending later.

5 lines. subjected to their business guidelines.

https://support.myrepublic.com.sg/hc/en-us/articles/360004108353-How-many-mobile-lines-can-I-subscribe-to-
 

sharah

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
61
Reaction score
21
I am on Uno plan ($8/1 GB/1000 Minutes/1000 SMS) and MR said it can not port me over to Lite plan. So here is the alternative that I am doing now.

Signed up for Giga Lite ($10/5GB/100 minutes/100 SMS), delivery is scheduled for 12th May (the next day) and porting will be complete on 13th May 2020. After this, I will again port over to MyRepublic Lite ($10/6 GB/300 Minutes/300 SMS) by end of the month. MR has delivery dates close to end of May and has flexibility to choose the delivery date to match with approximately 1 month on which Giga plan ends. I hope this works out for me, but otherwise I will remain on Giga.
 

letsgososhi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
13,247
Reaction score
14
I am on Uno plan ($8/1 GB/1000 Minutes/1000 SMS) and MR said it can not port me over to Lite plan. So here is the alternative that I am doing now.

Signed up for Giga Lite ($10/5GB/100 minutes/100 SMS), delivery is scheduled for 12th May (the next day) and porting will be complete on 13th May 2020. After this, I will again port over to MyRepublic Lite ($10/6 GB/300 Minutes/300 SMS) by end of the month. MR has delivery dates close to end of May and has flexibility to choose the delivery date to match with approximately 1 month on which Giga plan ends. I hope this works out for me, but otherwise I will remain on Giga.

But will u cut uno?
I have 2 uno

Now dunno shld take up the lite or port over to tpg
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,408
Reaction score
18,596
I am on Uno plan ($8/1 GB/1000 Minutes/1000 SMS) and MR said it can not port me over to Lite plan. So here is the alternative that I am doing now.

Signed up for Giga Lite ($10/5GB/100 minutes/100 SMS), delivery is scheduled for 12th May (the next day) and porting will be complete on 13th May 2020. After this, I will again port over to MyRepublic Lite ($10/6 GB/300 Minutes/300 SMS) by end of the month. MR has delivery dates close to end of May and has flexibility to choose the delivery date to match with approximately 1 month on which Giga plan ends. I hope this works out for me, but otherwise I will remain on Giga.
It will work this way, if there is no delay which there shouldn't have one. Otherwise, you can sign up or port in personally at MyRepublic stores if you want the SIM immediate.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Main line take up lite as tpg network is not available in underground train station.

Supplement card can go for tpg.

Yeah. I think main line MR lite $10 + tablet tpg $10 should be best combination.

But TPG there is no app to check the data usage is quite irritating actually.
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
Yeah. I think main line MR lite $10 + tablet tpg $10 should be best combination.

But TPG there is no app to check the data usage is quite irritating actually.

TPG can check usage via their website. So not completely can’t check. Just troublesome
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top