MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Himalaya

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I am guessing the same as well. My monthly telco bills across Singtel and M1 are in the $350 range. 5 lines, 1 broadband - most likely considered high risk for a single person.

Oh well. Fuk that $100 deposit requirement.


$100 deposit requirement depending on your age. Normally Old enough applicant they do not ask for it.
 

dexboi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
5,577
Reaction score
1,896
$100 deposit requirement depending on your age. Normally Old enough applicant they do not ask for it.

I'm old enough le bah. 30+ liao. haha. I believe it's the 5 M1 lines i have all under my NRIC which could be deemed high risk. My accounts are always overpaid though, right now is 3mths overpaid.

Nvm bah. I might just reassign my parents' lines back to their NRIC to avoid paying $100 deposit.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,421
Reaction score
18,605
I'm old enough le bah. 30+ liao. haha. I believe it's the 5 M1 lines i have all under my NRIC which could be deemed high risk. My accounts are always overpaid though, right now is 3mths overpaid.

Nvm bah. I might just reassign my parents' lines back to their NRIC to avoid paying $100 deposit.

Change of ownership back to their names will cost $20. Some more you can only do that at physical M1 stores with your parents. After you change of ownership, your plan will be their new SIM only plan.

Why not try if can port to giga first? See if giga needs the $100 deposit.

At the same time, if can sign up new line with MyRepublic with no deposit, sign one line and port in later.
 

youhsueh

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
932
Reaction score
0
I'm old enough le bah. 30+ liao. haha. I believe it's the 5 M1 lines i have all under my NRIC which could be deemed high risk. My accounts are always overpaid though, right now is 3mths overpaid.

Nvm bah. I might just reassign my parents' lines back to their NRIC to avoid paying $100 deposit.

Hi, just wanted to share that if the M1 lines are under contract, M1 will not entertain any Change of Ownership.
 

yanfxl

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
693
Reaction score
29
I received the sim card for lite plan yesterday And the porting was done without any warning or notification.

Anyway. Want to ask. For payment, do I have to "manually" pay thru the app every month? I thought that they will automatically charge to my credit card each month? Thx.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,421
Reaction score
18,605
I received the sim card for lite plan yesterday And the porting was done without any warning or notification.

Anyway. Want to ask. For payment, do I have to "manually" pay thru the app every month? I thought that they will automatically charge to my credit card each month? Thx.

It will be charged automatically to your credit card every month. You can use the app to see your bill too
 

yanfxl

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
693
Reaction score
29
It will be charged automatically to your credit card every month. You can use the app to see your bill too

Hi,

Thx for the reply, I also thought so but in the app under Billing, there is also "Pay Now" button. Thats why I thought it wont automatically be charged to my credit card. Thx.
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Free trial plan can? I’m migrating to paid plan for a month then port to CL $0 plan. Can’t let go that nice TPG number.

If you still have the CL Flexi ($0 plan), and the line wasn’t a ported-in number before, you can do so.

Porting into CL can only be done once, either directly port in during signup or replacing existing CL number with ported number later on.
 

Synnexo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
728
Reaction score
90
If you still have the CL Flexi ($0 plan), and the line wasn’t a ported-in number before, you can do so.

Porting into CL can only be done once, either directly port in during signup or replacing existing CL number with ported number later on.

Thanks for the information. Still have the $0 plan with raw number. Maybe I'll just use TPG for a whole before porting to CL.
 

eip1234

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
31
It will be charged automatically to your credit card every month. You can use the app to see your bill too

Nope. They emailed me the bill every month and then I'll have about a week to manually pay through the app. Not autonomically deduct.
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,121
Reaction score
8,421
Nope. They emailed me the bill every month and then I'll have about a week to manually pay through the app. Not autonomically deduct.

mine is auto, though i still received the email bill :s22:
 

yanfxl

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
693
Reaction score
29
I am using the lite plan and only inserted the card yesterday and according to data stats, used at most a few 100 MB.

However the myrepublic app already shows 1.3GB gone. any one have similar data drain issues?

Thx.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top