MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Don't know why 1 cents. Anything from the app, will be reflected separately from the bill hence that is why you don't see it in the bundled talktime.

The picture you post above to 5cents for calls to Singapore from overseas

I can't even finish the bundled talktime they given me. Yes I'm still on Uno 8 plan with 1000mins 1000sms; starhub network though

this is my point. technically they should not be able to differentiate whether you are making calls from local or overseas. In order to use the myrepublic talk app, one just needs to have a valid Internet connection. I dun see a reason that they can differentiate that you are in lion city or overseas. so technically no matter where is ur physical location, all calls made from the app to lion city should be treated the same.

One may say they can track based on IP address, however, I dun think they will go to the extend.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
We have updated our MyRepublic Talk IDD rates as of 01/08/2019, please take note.
USING MYREPUBLIC APP

Singapore 65 65 $0.02
Singapore - 15xx other IDD 65 6515 $0
Singapore - 16xx short code 65 6516 $0
Singapore - Directory service 65 65100 $1
Singapore - Emergency 65 6599 $0
Singapore - Mobile 65 658 0.02
Singapore - Non emergency ambulance 65 651777 $0
Singapore - Toll Free 65 65800 $0
Singapore - Toll Free MyRepublic Hotline 65 6567171680 $0

Malaysia 60 60 $0.06
China 86 86 $0.12
Thailand 66 66 $0.12
Taiwan 886 886 $0.06
Taiwan - Mobile 886 $0.15
Australia 61 61 $0.06
Australia - Mobil61 $0.09
Usa 1 1 $0.06

2 cents per min? however, it did not tally with the bill le. It was charged 2 mins for 2 cents.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
wow. The port-in was taken effect at 11pm. So zhun one. TPG line has no line now.

Bye bye to my TPG. However, my MyRepublic lite seems like not yet have number changed.
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
2 cents per min? however, it did not tally with the bill le. It was charged 2 mins for 2 cents.

Might be calculation error or maybe the cost reduced the cost again. 1 cent difference, not much difference.

The great news is its only 2 cents now. 5 mins only 10Cents!
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Might be calculation error or maybe the cost reduced the cost again. 1 cent difference, not much difference.

The great news is its only 2 cents now. 5 mins only 10Cents!

Indeed. That’s why the lite plan is more than enough for most people. Even without 1000 minutes like UNO 8, extra talktime beyond the 300 mins bundled is still very cheap.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
speed for download at managed speed on myrepublic lite plan.

It has only 36% of the managed speed for TPG trial plan. :o

75IBBq.md.png
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
speed for download at managed speed on myrepublic lite plan.

It has only 36% of the managed speed for TPG trial plan. :o

75IBBq.md.png

I am not sure why,

TPG sim can't load the following:
PLUS500 (website /app)
Carousell (App) - At Home, I can't access but while I am out It works fine.
and many more app is not working.

Unless you change the DNS. 4G DNS cannot be configured on a phone.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,512
Reaction score
18,650
wow. The port-in was taken effect at 11pm. So zhun one. TPG line has no line now.

Bye bye to my TPG. However, my MyRepublic lite seems like not yet have number changed.

I ported my parent's line too, 11 to 12am it was ported over. By 12 am, the number was fully ported over.

Indeed. That’s why the lite plan is more than enough for most people. Even without 1000 minutes like UNO 8, extra talktime beyond the 300 mins bundled is still very cheap.

yeah. 300mins is more than enough for average consumers. I ported my parents line to giga initially because of the $10/mth plan (back then MR haven't release the Lite Plan), they only offer 100mins, which might not be enough for them. A week after signing up, MyRepublic released new Lite Plan, then I Sian, initiated port again to MyRepublic.

So the process from M1>Giga>MyRepublic took 30days. Was on giga for less than 30 days.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,512
Reaction score
18,650
I am not sure why,

TPG sim can't load the following:
PLUS500 (website /app)
Carousell (App) - At Home, I can't access but while I am out It works fine.
and many more app is not working.

Unless you change the DNS. 4G DNS cannot be configured on a phone.

actually you can if you are using android, i changed mine to cloudflare 1.1.1.1.
Check with 1.1.1.1 website and verified i'm using 1.1.1.1 server while on 4G. You using android 10 phone?
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
I am not sure why,

TPG sim can't load the following:
PLUS500 (website /app)
Carousell (App) - At Home, I can't access but while I am out It works fine.
and many more app is not working.

Unless you change the DNS. 4G DNS cannot be configured on a phone.

I am using the SIM card on mifi device. I changed to google DNS but actually not much difference in terms of performance.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
I ported my parent's line too, 11 to 12am it was ported over. By 12 am, the number was fully ported over.



yeah. 300mins is more than enough for average consumers. I ported my parents line to giga initially because of the $10/mth plan (back then MR haven't release the Lite Plan), they only offer 100mins, which might not be enough for them. A week after signing up, MyRepublic released new Lite Plan, then I Sian, initiated port again to MyRepublic.

So the process from M1>Giga>MyRepublic took 30days. Was on giga for less than 30 days.

My number on MyRepublic still hasn’t reflected the TPG number as of 12am now.
 

itzdamnhot

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
While I was using MyRepublic on throttled speeds, here is what I realized:

Youtube will always load at around 350 to max 500 kbps. But I realize almost always 390-400 kbps.

Videos on Instagram usually loads on 400-600 kbps.

Tiktok will actually load at 700kbps-1.4Mbps (but of course still lag given that Tiktok video size are like somehow very big). But somehow there were instances like 2-3 seconds the video loaded up to 24Mbps (yes using throttled speed).

Do they actually throttle the speed based on the apps? It seems like it to me.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,512
Reaction score
18,650
While I was using MyRepublic on throttled speeds, here is what I realized:

Youtube will always load at around 350 to max 500 kbps. But I realize almost always 390-400 kbps.

Videos on Instagram usually loads on 400-600 kbps.

Tiktok will actually load at 700kbps-1.4Mbps (but of course still lag given that Tiktok video size are like somehow very big). But somehow there were instances like 2-3 seconds the video loaded up to 24Mbps (yes using throttled speed).

Do they actually throttle the speed based on the apps? It seems like it to me.

yup, i noticed sometimes the speed can surge and downwards again. Videos or insta stories took quite a while to load.
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
While I was using MyRepublic on throttled speeds, here is what I realized:

Youtube will always load at around 350 to max 500 kbps. But I realize almost always 390-400 kbps.

Videos on Instagram usually loads on 400-600 kbps.

Tiktok will actually load at 700kbps-1.4Mbps (but of course still lag given that Tiktok video size are like somehow very big). But somehow there were instances like 2-3 seconds the video loaded up to 24Mbps (yes using throttled speed).

Do they actually throttle the speed based on the apps? It seems like it to me.

24mbps is super fast on throttle speed. Very surprised it can go up to so high
youtube around 500kbps (360p) still useable.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Nice. Enjoy the good tpg number on Mr now. After 30 may, tpg will be faster as more people drop out of tpg

yeah. both TPG and MR have good numbers i would say.
Circles.Life or Zero1 their free numbers are totally.....

to be fair, all the while i found the TPG speed and 4G signal strengh are very good, even better than circles life or myrepublic that is on M1. Their only issue is no coverage under the tunnels.

with the 2G + 1Mbps unlimited of the daily quota and speed, 1 day I can easily use 10GB at least from the TPG trial. One month probably I have used 300GB++ on it. This is also the reason why i dun find the 50GB/$10 plan attractive to sign up.

If they remain the same service model as the trial for their actual plan now, take my $$$ which I do not need to even go for MR lite.
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
While I was using MyRepublic on throttled speeds, here is what I realized:

Youtube will always load at around 350 to max 500 kbps. But I realize almost always 390-400 kbps.

Videos on Instagram usually loads on 400-600 kbps.

Tiktok will actually load at 700kbps-1.4Mbps (but of course still lag given that Tiktok video size are like somehow very big). But somehow there were instances like 2-3 seconds the video loaded up to 24Mbps (yes using throttled speed).

Do they actually throttle the speed based on the apps? It seems like it to me.

I think this mostly depends on the type of traffic shapping software/hardware the ISP is using. It is actually quite normal to see a surge and slowly throttling down later as it will take time for the software/hardware to analyse the packets and enforce the policies subsequently. Most of the traffic shaping software/hardware can shape traffic at network layer or application layer.

From my experience, i think they dun really throttle the speed by apps though. it seems to be quite consistent speed I am getting in long run for youtube, instagram apps etc. if ignoring the surge during the short moment at the start.

Actually on and off Circles.Life has this kind of of unlimited for everything plan for CIS which lasts for 12 months at the price of $18. Quite attractive given that after the 100GB unlimited data, the speed is capped at 0.75Mbps which is about 2X faster than the MR lite managed speed. Cannot fight with TPG trial 1Mbps speed though which to me it is quite 'usable'.
75AD49.md.png
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top