MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,353
Reaction score
2,745
Received the Lite plan MR SIM card, earlier than I expected, delivered at 12.30pm instead of the schedule 2-6pm. Received SMS that Number Porting process will be taking place tonight at 11pm.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Received the Lite plan MR SIM card, earlier than I expected, delivered at 12.30pm instead of the schedule 2-6pm. Received SMS that Number Porting process will be taking place tonight at 11pm.

Yes.

Ur old line will be cut at 11pm.

The port to MR will be done exactly after 12am.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,631
Reaction score
18,694
Decided to port out my MyRepublic-Starhub UNO plan, after more than 2 years of usage. Its has been a good 2 years of 1GB to unlimited data. I don't want anymore of phantom of missed calls anymore on Starhub. Time to move on, since they don't want migrate us to M1
 

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
Decided to port out my MyRepublic-Starhub UNO plan, after more than 2 years of usage. Its has been a good 2 years of 1GB to unlimited data. I don't want anymore of phantom of missed calls anymore on Starhub. Time to move on, since they don't want migrate us to M1

port to m1 sim plan and port out to MR immediately..

Free Registration
(for online sign-up only)

Free Delivery
(for online sign-up / re-contract only)

https://www.m1.com.sg/Mobile/sim-only-plan
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
Test most mobile network in Malaysia to quantify this statement? Manage to test with someone on the other end with VoLTE whether it will work or just your limited experience? Sometimes people mixed fact with personal experience.

I am keen to know. Celcom do support VoLTE. Maxis supporting this year. Unifi I think may support but not too sure.

Celcom supports VoLTE? But on iOS it tells me the carrier is not under supported list? :s11:
 

HermesShanks

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2016
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
?

hi can I ask. I signed up and got my card on 30th. today(1st) I am looking at the app and there is another $10 bill payable for this month. I understand the pre billing. so in myrepublic, they will charged me a whole month worth even though I only use it for 2 days? or am I missing something here? thanks~
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,631
Reaction score
18,694
hi can I ask. I signed up and got my card on 30th. today(1st) I am looking at the app and there is another $10 bill payable for this month. I understand the pre billing. so in myrepublic, they will charged me a whole month worth even though I only use it for 2 days? or am I missing something here? thanks~

That $10 bill is for 1 June to 30 June not 30 and 31st May.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,020
anyone can share how long does MR sent the simcard and also do the number porting?

eg, my giga last day is 10 June (wed), which day should I apply for MR so that it get ported around 8 or 9 June ?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,631
Reaction score
18,694
anyone can share how long does MR sent the simcard and also do the number porting?

eg, my giga last day is 10 June (wed), which day should I apply for MR so that it get ported around 8 or 9 June ?

MR does porting from your telco from 11pm on the day of your SIM delivery. It's very consistent, your previous telco line will cut off at 11pm. And porting will be done maximum by 12.30am.

Yes, apply for MR, schedule delivery to 8 June, so that Giga will not charge you for an additional month.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,020
nice..didnt know MR can also choose which day to deliver..going to order now.. :)
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
hi can I ask. I signed up and got my card on 30th. today(1st) I am looking at the app and there is another $10 bill payable for this month. I understand the pre billing. so in myrepublic, they will charged me a whole month worth even though I only use it for 2 days? or am I missing something here? thanks~

In the app, it should show the exact billing period.

if you open up the PDF bill, it should also state that.

yes, they are charging by one month even you use it for 2 days.

Even you terminate the line next time.
Do note that full month subscription & any charges incurred during the month will be charged to your final invoice.
Therefore, terminate before the next billing cycle to avoid additional charge.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,631
Reaction score
18,694
Just discovered MyRepublic ups its game again.

Value Plan $18/mth 7+7GB, 1000mins, 1000sms.
Power Plan $24/MTH 30+10GB, 100mins, 100sms
 

matchless7

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
I received MR sim card today. However didnt get any sms notification about when number porting will be done. Chat with MR customer service and they said porting is around 1-3 days.

can i hope that the porting will be done at 11pm tonight or latest 1230am like other bros said?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,631
Reaction score
18,694
I received MR sim card today. However didnt get any sms notification about when number porting will be done. Chat with MR customer service and they said porting is around 1-3 days.

can i hope that the porting will be done at 11pm tonight or latest 1230am like other bros said?

yup, your old telco line will be gone at 11pm. By 12.30am, your port in number should have replaced the temp number (when calling out).

I tried calling in from another number to the ported number, cannot get through, as probably they are routing other services.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top