MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

dexboi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
5,598
Reaction score
1,904
Singaporeans have yet to face the issue of having to pay a deposit in order to gain access to a service like a work permit holder. Many work permit holders do not have this privilege of not paying a deposit except for certain telco (MNO).

Any telco will not tell you the reason for giving you the privilege, as it discriminates the person by means of a algorithm. I can tell you all that default payment is not the only scoring area MR used, simply because I had quite a few default payments on my ST SH M1 bills which are late in nature in the last 6-12 months.

The deposit should be a 2-3months of the monthly service fee to better reflect the need to recover outstandings. Maybe some can feedback to MR?

Maybe those that got the $100 deposit can share their age range, gender and where they stay so we get a feel on how MR did their scoring.

I'm coming towards their ethics to be honest. MyRepublic collects $100 deposit because "based on our system, you need to pay". And the staff told me is $100/line. Not one-off per NRIC account.

I can understand if MR collects $100 deposit if one is eg. unemployed, foreigner, still a minor etc. However, it's no longer rational to me when MR does the following:

1. Require pre-authorisation of Credit Card
2. Auto deduction from credit card on a fixed date every month
3. Terminate/Suspend line immediately upon non-payments
4. When their plans are low costs and not bounded to 12/24mths contract
5. If they collapse, I can never recover my deposits

Ultimately, what is the real purpose of collecting $100/line from random people with their vague deposit collection criteria? If they are transparent enough, I am willing to give them my deposit in exchange for a line. Otherwise, they are just any other MVNO that may run road some day.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
I'm coming towards their ethics to be honest. MyRepublic collects $100 deposit because "based on our system, you need to pay". And the staff told me is $100/line. Not one-off per NRIC account.

I can understand if MR collects $100 deposit if one is eg. unemployed, foreigner, still a minor etc. However, it's no longer rational to me when MR does the following:

1. Require pre-authorisation of Credit Card
2. Auto deduction from credit card on a fixed date every month
3. Terminate/Suspend line immediately upon non-payments
4. When their plans are low costs and not bounded to 12/24mths contract
5. If they collapse, I can never recover my deposits

Ultimately, what is the real purpose of collecting $100/line from random people with their vague deposit collection criteria? If they are transparent enough, I am willing to give them my deposit in exchange for a line. Otherwise, they are just any other MVNO that may run road some day.

IDD calls? It will only be billed the following bill if you didn’t get the IDD pack. Calls made outside the talk time will be billed following month. I am not defending them, but something I look at running a business and believe to be possible.

They didn’t say it is random. If you are one of those affected, should call up IMDA and they are normally nice enough to contact MyRepublic to clarify.

If you worked with credit risk you would have known there is a system that defines what is high risk and when flagged out, what are the remedies. MR don’t charge a premium for their services, so they need to protect themselves from people who may take advantage of the system.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
Like I said, either move on and keep quiet, call IMDA, or do data sharing here to tell your age, which area you stay etc.

Many keyboard warriors wanting to rant and vent. I am not even sure these are real customers or from competitors 😆
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Reiterate once again, can have doubts, can question, can write on their FB... but what's there to be confused about?

Are you confused with why SingTel SIm only plan seems to cost more than for example M1? :s11:

End of the day, just go sign up with Circles.Life, M1, Giga, Vivifi, Redone, Grid.... etc etc, plenty of choices

when did i said i am confused. i am more about the MVNOs. i am referring to people who are new to MR.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Someone might raise this to IMDA. Check if this deposit ethical even though credit rating is good

yeah. i tot IMDA is regulating this. deposit requirements are across telcos for foreigners etc which the amount, etc. are pretty consistent across.

I tot this should be a standard set by them and not simply set by MR too. they are withholding $$ from people after all.
 

Johnringo

Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
55
Hi I just want to check to all UNO line users, do you guys/gals face problem with receiving phonecalls?

I sometimes get people telling me that they cannot call through and sometimes I get missed call SMS without the phone ringing.

Making me super frustrated. I actually like myrepublic but am thinking of porting out now.

Any plan has free roaming subscription and also free caller ID?
 

lurker88

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2015
Messages
685
Reaction score
24
Since I brought this up..

Age range 40 to 45 (married)
Residing at 4 rm Kim tian Road
Currently holding only 1 telco line (m1 cis)
Public service
Zero debt/loan and no default history (telco)

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,709
Reaction score
18,713
Hi I just want to check to all UNO line users, do you guys/gals face problem with receiving phonecalls?

I sometimes get people telling me that they cannot call through and sometimes I get missed call SMS without the phone ringing.

Making me super frustrated. I actually like myrepublic but am thinking of porting out now.

Any plan has free roaming subscription and also free caller ID?
Yes. It's very common. It's very frustrating, it's more of a starhub problem. Starhub users also impacted.

Told MyRepublic before and they need the time I did not receive the call. Told them it is very hard to replicate the issue as it happens sometimes. Let them know if this occur again, will let them know.

I'm fed up with this issue and ported out of UNO plan. Using Grid now and happy with the connection. Caller ID is free
 

Johnringo

Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
55
yes. damn vomit blood talking to myrepublic. Need the time etc...and after all that? They ask me to call starhub myself to discuss with them as I am unable to mimic this problem to show them.

Sigh. But I need the free roaming as I go overseas alot and sometimes will get calls.

Does Myrepublic M1 have this issue? If not then I have to follow one of the bros here porting over to Giga then to Myrepublic lite
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
Since I brought this up..

Age range 40 to 45 (married)
Residing at 4 rm Kim tian Road
Currently holding only 1 telco line (m1 cis)
Public service
Zero debt/loan and no default history (telco)

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

Hi, M1 CIS is under your name? Not billed to company right? Might want to check with M1 how they report to Telco report.

If it is proven random, we have a case to IMDA.
 

morkutao

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
6
seems like many pioneer uno users are purchasing another SIM card just to port over from uno to lite.

looks like this is the only way to go. don't think they are able to do the migration, even though telling customers to "stay tuned". haha
 

Johnringo

Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
55
seems like many pioneer uno users are purchasing another SIM card just to port over from uno to lite.

looks like this is the only way to go. don't think they are able to do the migration, even though telling customers to "stay tuned". haha

I was happy to stay tuned....but if stay tuned and then I still get missed calls or phantom calls....then stay for what. Unless they swapping us to M1 which required them to send out new simcards to everyone which is cost + delivery cost which I don't think they will.

It's quite stupid that I have to pay $10 to move to a plan which is more expensive and have to go through all the hassle. If they tell me just pay $10 for a new simcard and we move you I will be more than happy to do that and do away with all the hassle.

But the worry I have is if I move to Myrepublic M1, will I still have issues with the calls! Anyone can confirm that there is no such problem?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,709
Reaction score
18,713
yes. damn vomit blood talking to myrepublic. Need the time etc...and after all that? They ask me to call starhub myself to discuss with them as I am unable to mimic this problem to show them.

Sigh. But I need the free roaming as I go overseas alot and sometimes will get calls.

Does Myrepublic M1 have this issue? If not then I have to follow one of the bros here porting over to Giga then to Myrepublic lite

MyRepublic-M1 will NOT have this issue as it is using M1 network. The phantom of missed calls only affects starhub users, be it starhub, giga, old MyRepublic UNO or Redone.

Porting over to giga temporarily will not solve the problem. Unless you port over to circles.life first
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,709
Reaction score
18,713
I was happy to stay tuned....but if stay tuned and then I still get missed calls or phantom calls....then stay for what. Unless they swapping us to M1 which required them to send out new simcards to everyone which is cost + delivery cost which I don't think they will.

It's quite stupid that I have to pay $10 to move to a plan which is more expensive and have to go through all the hassle. If they tell me just pay $10 for a new simcard and we move you I will be more than happy to do that and do away with all the hassle.

But the worry I have is if I move to Myrepublic M1, will I still have issues with the calls! Anyone can confirm that there is no such problem?

I left MyRepublic UNO 2 weeks ago is because of the phantom of missed calls. At the current situation which I just got a new job, the call is very crucial between life and death.

I lost quite alot of job opportunities because of the phantom of missed calls. Never ever touch a starhub based Mvno.

MyRepublic-M1 will not have this issue as I have another line with them. No issues
 

Johnringo

Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
55
MyRepublic-M1 will NOT have this issue as it is using M1 network. The phantom of missed calls only affects starhub users, be it starhub, giga, old MyRepublic UNO or Redone.

Porting over to giga temporarily will not solve the problem. Unless you port over to circles.life first

Sorry bro - don't understand why won't solve the problem. I port over to giga which is starhub, then later port back to Myrepublic lite. This is all M1 already right? You mean they are still using starhub lines? Only legacy plans are starhub and new ones are all M1 is my understanding. Not true?
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
I lost quite alot of job opportunities because of the phantom of missed calls. Never ever touch a starhub based Mvno.

Suggest to include at least 3nos different contact details on one's Resume; i.e., e-mail + WhatsApp + Phone Number(s)

My European agencies normally send e-mails to ask if I am interested in a position, local Singapore agencies always send WhatsApp messages. Interviews are normally done via Zoom, Webex or Microsoft Team etc.
 

morkutao

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
6
I left MyRepublic UNO 2 weeks ago is because of the phantom of missed calls. At the current situation which I just got a new job, the call is very crucial between life and death.

I lost quite alot of job opportunities because of the phantom of missed calls. Never ever touch a starhub based Mvno.

MyRepublic-M1 will not have this issue as I have another line with them. No issues

haha yeah Jurong640 bro, i recalled earlier we were waiting for them to roll out the transition from uno to lite.

sekali at the end of the lite offer, then they annouce the migration is actually happening and perhaps legacy uno users will get more perks.

but well, current lite plan is an offer not to be missed.

by the way, can anyone summarize the procedures for porting out to another telco and back in?

is it:
1. purchasing a new telco card (cheapest one circles.life)
2. port over uno to circles life
3. purchase lite plan
4. port from circles life to lite plan?

thanks in advance!
 

Johnringo

Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
55
haha yeah Jurong640 bro, i recalled earlier we were waiting for them to roll out the transition from uno to lite.

sekali at the end of the lite offer, then they annouce the migration is actually happening and perhaps legacy uno users will get more perks.

but well, current lite plan is an offer not to be missed.

by the way, can anyone summarize the procedures for porting out to another telco and back in?

is it:
1. purchasing a new telco card (cheapest one circles.life)
2. port over uno to circles life
3. purchase lite plan
4. port from circles life to lite plan?

thanks in advance!
sorry - isn't giga only $10? circlelife cheapest i can find is $18
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,709
Reaction score
18,713
Sorry bro - don't understand why won't solve the problem. I port over to giga which is starhub, then later port back to Myrepublic lite. This is all M1 already right? You mean they are still using starhub lines? Only legacy plans are starhub and new ones are all M1 is my understanding. Not true?
What I mean is when you port to giga, giga will have this issue as well as it is under starhub. So if you want to avoid this issue, immediately sign up for MyRepublic and port over, to prevent any phantom of missed calls.

From 31 Mar, all sign ups will be under M1. Any lines before 30 Mar will be under starhub
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top