MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Slavor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
770
Reaction score
46
Weird, I tried to sign up for the new giga plan but a pop up box mentioned that my Apple device (iPhone 15 pro max) is currently not compatible with Giga’s 5G network?

Anyone came across this?
 

Tedicious

Master Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
4,640
Reaction score
2,176
Weird, I tried to sign up for the new giga plan but a pop up box mentioned that my Apple device (iPhone 15 pro max) is currently not compatible with Giga’s 5G network?

Anyone came across this?
Normal. 5G is not supported by giga now cos using a diff profile from SH. Giga need to wait for apple to approve the carrier first before 5G can be reflected on iPhone.

Oh well, that's the mafan part on iPhone
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
Weird, I tried to sign up for the new giga plan but a pop up box mentioned that my Apple device (iPhone 15 pro max) is currently not compatible with Giga’s 5G network?

Anyone came across this?
It's not weird. If you read the past few pages in giga thread. Apple devices are NOT supported yet in Giga's 5G network
 

Hi1307

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
335
Reaction score
191
Last year MR 5G was very attractive, $19.95 comes with 5G. All other 5G plans (Circles, GOMO, Zero1) are $20++ last year.

Now MR 5G roaming data $7.9 per GB, not attracting anymore

If you sign up for MR at the tech shows their cheapest 5G plan is $15 a month. Very cheap for 5G SA
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
If you sign up for MR at the tech shows their cheapest 5G plan is $15 a month. Very cheap for 5G SA

Last time I checked, that was promo price which only last a few months before it reverts back to the normal rates.
 

Slavor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
770
Reaction score
46
Normal. 5G is not supported by giga now cos using a diff profile from SH. Giga need to wait for apple to approve the carrier first before 5G can be reflected on iPhone.

Oh well, that's the mafan part on iPhone
lol I guess I’ll stay on MyRepublic for a while more then.
 

KrisprCosmos

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Any breakdown on what is included in the plan?

Included:
  • 110 GB Local Data
  • 1000 minutes talktime
  • 1000 SMS
  • Free 1GB Roaming per mth in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand for 6 mths
  • The rest of the inclusions are the same (e.g. available in both eSIM & SIM, free Caller ID & incoming calls etc)
Excluded:
  • Vouchers
 

Batiste

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
8
How well does the MR Talk app work when roaming ? I have an M1 Maxx plan but then discovered that they have zero support for voice call roaming. Data roaming is fine for WhatsApp but there are times when you need to call a landline.
From what I have found, only Zero1 among all the MVNOs support call roaming. Are there any other options ? Other than the full price lines from the big 3 ? SIMBA has call roaming but their local connectivity is really bad
 

Batiste

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
8
Turns out My Republic does support regular roaming so no need to mess with My Republic Talk app.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Is the 5G plan worth it? I've a S24 Ultra not sure if I should upgrade to 5G plan.

The verdict is why not, if you have extra cash to spare. Supposedly higher speeds and lower latency when the right conditions are met.

But when budget is tight, 4G is more than sufficient these days due to the better coverage.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,193
Reaction score
3,203
Like what rssd21 said, just try it if you have the cash.

Do note that MR 4G Plan is on M1 and MR 5G Plan is on Starhub before you switch.
Also do note that if one is on the 5G plan with MR and switched to set to 4G from the phone mobile service settings, it is still using the StarHub network.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,193
Reaction score
3,203
Did MyRepublic launch the 5G Standard plan lately? Early adopters on the Plus plan are not able to downgrade?
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,193
Reaction score
3,203
Now that you mentioned, I just notice there's a Standard plan, recalled only 2 options earlier.
Yup. Exactly. And I do not have the downgrade option. I mean I am trying to really squeeze all my subscriptions costs down as much as possible. This world is really insane with all these endless subs.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top