MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

rebook

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
615
Reaction score
2
I am in Australia and have been using MyRepublic for more than 1 year, just to receive SMS and phone call overseas via MyRepublic Talk app.

Suddenly from today, there is no signal of my SIM, tried to switch networks but couldn't help. Called CSO, was informed need data roaming pack, I asked him why so since I had been able to receive SMS overseas without roaming pack until yesterday. He told me that it's because SG has stopped 3G service and now 4G services needs data, and that's why receiving SMS overseas requires data roaming. I couldn't believe what I heard, but would like to find out more from the forum.

Anyone here without any data roaming pack, can you still receive SMS when overseas?

Thanks
 

weeza77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
25
Something is off. You should be able still to get network signal. The MyRepublic Talk app is using VOIP thus requires data(Mobile/Wifi).
 

rebook

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
615
Reaction score
2
Something is off. You should be able still to get network signal. The MyRepublic Talk app is using VOIP thus requires data(Mobile/Wifi).
That's why I thought, not sure what's the cause. Anyway, I just did porting out from MyRepublic to Simba, free 7GB roaming data per month too. The local network in Singapore is not important since I am mostly overseas.
 

gaoqikai

Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
386
Reaction score
236
I am in Australia and have been using MyRepublic for more than 1 year, just to receive SMS and phone call overseas via MyRepublic Talk app.

Suddenly from today, there is no signal of my SIM, tried to switch networks but couldn't help. Called CSO, was informed need data roaming pack, I asked him why so since I had been able to receive SMS overseas without roaming pack until yesterday. He told me that it's because SG has stopped 3G service and now 4G services needs data, and that's why receiving SMS overseas requires data roaming. I couldn't believe what I heard, but would like to find out more from the forum.

Anyone here without any data roaming pack, can you still receive SMS when overseas?

Thanks
Careful!
Please search online regarding Australia shutting off 3G and blocking international devices.
Aus just switched off their 3G on 28th October. What's more, they now have a device whitelist, and if your device is not in their whitelist, you get no signal at all. If you are using a non-Australia purchased Android phone (specifically those Xiaomi, Oneplus, Huawei, Vivi, Oppo brannds), you are most likely not in their whitelist and cannot use any network in Australia
 

gaoqikai

Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
386
Reaction score
236
That's why I thought, not sure what's the cause. Anyway, I just did porting out from MyRepublic to Simba, free 7GB roaming data per month too. The local network in Singapore is not important since I am mostly overseas.
This might not be MR issue... Might be an Australia issue. Use vodafone there, better compatibility. Optus and Telstra are strict
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
I have 2 sim on my phone. Giga got no issues. It's only the myrepublic line that's unable to call or dial out
no VOLTE on my phone setting. only 4G/5G call which is enabled.

I checked the Sim Card in my About Phone

Phone Number is stated as unknown
Sim Status reflects Mobile Network state as disconnected but Service State is in Service.

It's weird. I can send out SMS or even use the mobile data with no issues..
Hey, i am using pixel 7a, i also suddenly unable to make phone call and get incoming calls. also using eSim, did you find any solution yet? i'm gonna try get their cso on hotline which is non existence
 

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Messages
13,478
Reaction score
10,282
Hey, i am using pixel 7a, i also suddenly unable to make phone call and get incoming calls. also using eSim, did you find any solution yet? i'm gonna try get their cso on hotline which is non existence
Bro my solution is to change provider lol
The cso can't help.. ask me to dial something to reset. I'll check my email and get back to you.. there's a certain number to dial to do something but useless for me.
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
Bro my solution is to change provider lol
The cso can't help.. ask me to dial something to reset. I'll check my email and get back to you.. there's a certain number to dial to do something but useless for me.
i wonder if it only plague eSim user, if a phy sim card work. i don't mind going that route. Hotline has being on hold since 11AM. I got time to play with them
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
I have encountered the same issue as yours previously on Pixel 6 and Pixel 8 Pro as well. The root cause seems to be the eSIM provisioning of MyRepublic and Circles.Life. Both MVNO will not able to register the IMS (which VoLTE depends on) when using eSIM on Pixel.

If you switch to physical SIM the IMS can be registered. I have engaged the customer service but it is probably too technical for them to understand the issue and they just offer to switch to physical SIM. Google support is of no help as well.

You may try push harder for them to resolve it. I have given up and switched to Giga eSIM which had no issue.
being an hour since i call their hotline, they still doing the same **** as usual not picking up calls
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
I have encountered the same issue as yours previously on Pixel 6 and Pixel 8 Pro as well. The root cause seems to be the eSIM provisioning of MyRepublic and Circles.Life. Both MVNO will not able to register the IMS (which VoLTE depends on) when using eSIM on Pixel.

If you switch to physical SIM the IMS can be registered. I have engaged the customer service but it is probably too technical for them to understand the issue and they just offer to switch to physical SIM. Google support is of no help as well.

You may try push harder for them to resolve it. I have given up and switched to Giga eSIM which had no issue.
CSO say "impossible" to swap eSim user back to Phy Sim card

Update : They willing to swap me to Phy Sim Card waive fee (Gonna take 2 day to deliver over to doorstep)

Really need to bomb them with knowledge for them to move way
 
Last edited:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
Bro my solution is to change provider lol
The cso can't help.. ask me to dial something to reset. I'll check my email and get back to you.. there's a certain number to dial to do something but useless for me.
Guess i am switching over to vivifi "phy" simcard just incase if they can't solve my issue by evening
 

weeza77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
25
Careful!
Please search online regarding Australia shutting off 3G and blocking international devices.
Aus just switched off their 3G on 28th October. What's more, they now have a device whitelist, and if your device is not in their whitelist, you get no signal at all. If you are using a non-Australia purchased Android phone (specifically those Xiaomi, Oneplus, Huawei, Vivi, Oppo brannds), you are most likely not in their whitelist and cannot use any network in Australia
So visitors to Australia cannot use their home country provider roaming data?
 

Tedicious

Master Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
4,640
Reaction score
2,176
CSO say "impossible" to swap eSim user back to Phy Sim card

Update : They willing to swap me to Phy Sim Card waive fee (Gonna take 2 day to deliver over to doorstep)

Really need to bomb them with knowledge for them to move way
I dont c why it is impossible to switch from esim to psim.

most likely is they dont want to do
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
I've encountered the same issue when reinstalling my eSIM. I believe it's primarily about generating profit through service fees.

When I reinstalled the eSIM using the same QR code, I was charged $3 on my third attempt. I find this charge unjustified, as the QR code remained the same and I didn't request a new one. It seems like the $3 fee is simply a profit-making tactic.
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
I dont c why it is impossible to switch from esim to psim.

most likely is they dont want to do
Nowaday all CS go by paper script, if you bomb them with knowledge and solution, they will direct you to higher up. That where the real game begin. If what @notblur say is true and a phy sim card work then i will just be happy either way but have to wait till thur 2359 for delivery man to send over.

Nowaday all CS all braindead just follow the paper script de
 

gaoqikai

Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
386
Reaction score
236
So visitors to Australia cannot use their home country provider roaming data?
some users do reported that their roaming in Aus was cut off. Since this move in Aus was just a few days ago, no much news. But a ton of Aus residents using international phones have been blocked
iphones and popular samsung devices should be no problem, as they are in the whitelist.
 

rebook

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
615
Reaction score
2
Careful!
Please search online regarding Australia shutting off 3G and blocking international devices.
Aus just switched off their 3G on 28th October. What's more, they now have a device whitelist, and if your device is not in their whitelist, you get no signal at all. If you are using a non-Australia purchased Android phone (specifically those Xiaomi, Oneplus, Huawei, Vivi, Oppo brannds), you are most likely not in their whitelist and cannot use any network in Australia
I am using iPhone 16 Pro, and purchased in Australia. So, unlikely affected by this? In fact, I was using the MR eSIM fine until yesterday...
 

i_dun_understand

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
1,496
Reaction score
334
Does anyone have past issue before trying to port out from MR ?

I'm trying to port out from MR 4G to Giga but it is not successful. Giga mention the MR number is not an active number and request me to reach out to MR to reactivate it. However I am actively using the MR number.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Does anyone have past issue before trying to port out from MR ?

I'm trying to port out from MR 4G to Giga but it is not successful. Giga mention the MR number is not an active number and request me to reach out to MR to reactivate it. However I am actively using the MR number.
calls, sms and data still works on the MR number ? You are sure it's not the temp number provided by Giga ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top