MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

weeguy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
1,702
Reaction score
7
Anyone on the 4G Unlimited plan? It's marketed as 10GB/day at full speed, and throttled speed thereafter. However, I noticed that my line would have no service at all after reaching the 10GB for the day, and the service will only resume at midnight when the 10GB quota resets. I tried calling their support line, and they told me it's because the throttling is done by reverting the line to the 3G network. However, due to the 3G shutdown, this throttling mechanism is no longer available. As such, they simply turn off service for my line until midnight. This is simply unacceptable and dishonest!
 

Asus80

Master Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
2,643
Reaction score
282
Anyone on the 4G Unlimited plan? It's marketed as 10GB/day at full speed, and throttled speed thereafter. However, I noticed that my line would have no service at all after reaching the 10GB for the day, and the service will only resume at midnight when the 10GB quota resets. I tried calling their support line, and they told me it's because the throttling is done by reverting the line to the 3G network. However, due to the 3G shutdown, this throttling mechanism is no longer available. As such, they simply turn off service for my line until midnight. This is simply unacceptable and dishonest!
port to another provider ZYM, Simba or Eight
 

Slavor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
770
Reaction score
46
With Giga now having 5G enabled on iPhones, is there any reason for a MyRepublic 5G user to stay? It'll still be using StarHub but with the added benefit of free monthly roaming.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
With Giga now having 5G enabled on iPhones, is there any reason for a MyRepublic 5G user to stay? It'll still be using StarHub but with the added benefit of free monthly roaming.

Both 5G plans have slight differences in pricing, then giga is better with monthly free roaming.
 

A7997A

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
4,406
Reaction score
854
What happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?

What if fallback to 3G ?
 

vivi67

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
46
Reaction score
5
Anyone on the 4G Unlimited plan? It's marketed as 10GB/day at full speed, and throttled speed thereafter. However, I noticed that my line would have no service at all after reaching the 10GB for the day, and the service will only resume at midnight when the 10GB quota resets. I tried calling their support line, and they told me it's because the throttling is done by reverting the line to the 3G network. However, due to the 3G shutdown, this throttling mechanism is no longer available. As such, they simply turn off service for my line until midnight. This is simply unacceptable and dishonest!
Wait, does that mean the "unlimited throttled data" that's supposed to kick in after we've used up our data quota allocated is no longer applicable now? In that case I feel this is quite a major matter to address because it was (and still is?) advertised to us when we signed up. Can't leave us without service and ask us to accept ba.. at least let us know if they're working on it or smth
 

weeza77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
25
What happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?

What if fallback to 3G ?
Still on Starhub 4G network.

Edit : Set network to 3G(Starhub), data still available.
(MyRepublic 5G Plan)
 
Last edited:

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
What happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?

What if fallback to 3G ?
I don’t think it works that way.

If you're on a 4G plan, you'll only be connected to M1’s 4G network.

If you're on a 5G plan, you’ll be connected to StarHub’s 5G network, and if 5G coverage isn't available, you'll fall back to StarHub’s 4G network.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
What happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?

What if fallback to 3G ?

When you sign up MR 5G plan, it simply means SH network 5G+4G.

That is different from MR 4G plan, which is M1 network 4G.
 

A7997A

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
4,406
Reaction score
854
I don’t think it works that way.

If you're on a 4G plan, you'll only be connected to M1’s 4G network.

If you're on a 5G plan, you’ll be connected to StarHub’s 5G network, and if 5G coverage isn't available, you'll fall back to StarHub’s 4G network.

When you sign up MR 5G plan, it simply means SH network 5G+4G.

That is different from MR 4G plan, which is M1 network 4G.

Thanks, that clarifies it.
 

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Messages
13,478
Reaction score
10,282
guys I'm having an issue with my line. I can't seem to either make or receive direct calls to my myrepublic phone line.
But I have no issues with getting mobile network or sending / receiving SMS on it. It's just phone calls that can't seem to work. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

I tried to be on both 4G / 5G network yet can't seem to make any phone call.
 

weeza77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
25
guys I'm having an issue with my line. I can't seem to either make or receive direct calls to my myrepublic phone line.
But I have no issues with getting mobile network or sending / receiving SMS on it. It's just phone calls that can't seem to work. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

I tried to be on both 4G / 5G network yet can't seem to make any phone call.
Check if VOLTE or VOWIFI is enabled on your phone.
 

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Messages
13,478
Reaction score
10,282
Check if VOLTE or VOWIFI is enabled on your phone.
I have 2 sim on my phone. Giga got no issues. It's only the myrepublic line that's unable to call or dial out
no VOLTE on my phone setting. only 4G/5G call which is enabled.

I checked the Sim Card in my About Phone

Phone Number is stated as unknown
Sim Status reflects Mobile Network state as disconnected but Service State is in Service.

It's weird. I can send out SMS or even use the mobile data with no issues..
 

A7997A

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
4,406
Reaction score
854
I have 2 sim on my phone. Giga got no issues. It's only the myrepublic line that's unable to call or dial out
no VOLTE on my phone setting. only 4G/5G call which is enabled.

I checked the Sim Card in my About Phone

Phone Number is stated as unknown
Sim Status reflects Mobile Network state as disconnected but Service State is in Service.

It's weird. I can send out SMS or even use the mobile data with no issues..
You are on MyRepublic 5G or 4G plan ?
Both inbound and outbound calls not working ?
The issue description sound like VoLTE leh: everything working except voice call.
What phone model is that ?

If you disable the myrepublic line and goes on a voice call on giga, do you drop to 3G ?
If so that could well be a VoLTE issue, but that would be strange given that you are on a 5G handset.
Also checking the apn, which by right should not be necessary, but just double check.
 
Last edited:

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Messages
13,478
Reaction score
10,282
You are on MyRepublic 5G or 4G plan ?
Both inbound and outbound calls not working ?
The issue description sound like VoLTE leh: everything working except voice call.
What phone model is that ?

If you disable the myrepublic line and goes on a voice call on giga, do you drop to 3G ?
If so that could well be a VoLTE issue, but that would be strange given that you are on a 5G handset.
Also checking the apn, which by right should not be necessary, but just double check.
I'm on pixel 7 pro. I'm on 4g plan with my republic and 5g with giga.
But I choose to stay on 4g for all la..

APN? I even re downloaded the esim profile yesterday but the issue persists.

If I do a voice call on giga it stay on 4g
 

A7997A

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
4,406
Reaction score
854
I'm on pixel 7 pro. I'm on 4g plan with my republic and 5g with giga.
But I choose to stay on 4g for all la..

APN? I even re downloaded the esim profile yesterday but the issue persists.

If I do a voice call on giga it stay on 4g

4G plan on MyRepublic means you are on M1 infra.
M1 has shutdown 3G, so VoLTE must be functional for voice call.
Given that you are able to stay on 4G on a voice call on Giga, the phone should have functional VoLTE.
MyRepublic & M1 also list Pixel 7 Pro as supporting VoLTE on their network, so that should work in principle.

While APN should be automatically added when you download the esim, there can be some rare cases where that does not work correctly and requires manually adding/updating apn. In such cases, reinstalling the esim would probably not help.

The Pixel 7 Pro is a local set ? There are some situation where foreign set doesn't work correctly for certain features like VoLTE.

Is your phone software fully updated ?

Another thing you can try would be to move your MyRepublic line to another phone that is known to work correctly for voice on MyRepublic, but given that you are using esim, that gets a bit tricky.
 
Last edited:

notblur

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
I'm on pixel 7 pro. I'm on 4g plan with my republic and 5g with giga.
But I choose to stay on 4g for all la..

APN? I even re downloaded the esim profile yesterday but the issue persists.

If I do a voice call on giga it stay on 4g

I have encountered the same issue as yours previously on Pixel 6 and Pixel 8 Pro as well. The root cause seems to be the eSIM provisioning of MyRepublic and Circles.Life. Both MVNO will not able to register the IMS (which VoLTE depends on) when using eSIM on Pixel.

If you switch to physical SIM the IMS can be registered. I have engaged the customer service but it is probably too technical for them to understand the issue and they just offer to switch to physical SIM. Google support is of no help as well.

You may try push harder for them to resolve it. I have given up and switched to Giga eSIM which had no issue.
 

Mr.Kopi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Messages
13,478
Reaction score
10,282
4G plan on MyRepublic means you are on M1 infra.
M1 has shutdown 3G, so VoLTE must be functional for voice call.
Given that you are able to stay on 4G on a voice call on Giga, the phone should have functional VoLTE.
MyRepublic & M1 also list Pixel 7 Pro as supporting VoLTE on their network, so that should work in principle.

While APN should be automatically added when you download the esim, there can be some rare cases where that does not work correctly and requires manually adding/updating apn. In such cases, reinstalling the esim would probably not help.

The Pixel 7 Pro is a local set ? There are some situation where foreign set doesn't work correctly for certain features like VoLTE.

Is your phone software fully updated ?

Another thing you can try would be to move your MyRepublic line to another know that is known to work correctly for voice on MyRepublic, but given that you are using esim, that gets a bit tricky.
Yup it is a local set. And phone software is fully updated.
I had this issue before but it was soon rectified. And now it happened again.

I will check APN but it should not be an issue.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top