(NAS) D-Link DNS-320L

Silencer

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
40
Juz hoot this DNS 320L fr Challenger.
At the price of $79 I paid for, i can say i have no complain abt it
It work as it is and I was surprise the fan noise is not that loud even w 2 x WD Green 3TB in it :D
 

AngeLeo

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

Need help with my DNS-320L

I'm trying to access my NAS outside using DDNS, but no matter what settings I do or change I'm still unable to access it. Here's a link of stuff I've already did:

1. Registered with DynDNS.org for DDNS Hostname.
2. Port Fwd my Router (EnGenius ESR9850) for my DDNS Hostname to port 80.
3. Port Fwd DNS-320L for my DDNS Hostname to port 80.
4. Downloaded Dyn Updater to ensure everytime I start my PC at home the IP will be updated.

Is there anything I have left out? Something is just wrong...
 

LaoMai

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2000
Messages
88
Reaction score
1
Not sure if this is required but there is a Dynamic DNS settings under Network Management that you may need to fill up for it to work.

Also try Open Port Check Tool
to check that your port forwarding is correct and that your service is running.

Hope this helps!

Hi guys,

Need help with my DNS-320L

I'm trying to access my NAS outside using DDNS, but no matter what settings I do or change I'm still unable to access it. Here's a link of stuff I've already did:

1. Registered with DynDNS.org for DDNS Hostname.
2. Port Fwd my Router (EnGenius ESR9850) for my DDNS Hostname to port 80.
3. Port Fwd DNS-320L for my DDNS Hostname to port 80.
4. Downloaded Dyn Updater to ensure everytime I start my PC at home the IP will be updated.

Is there anything I have left out? Something is just wrong...
 

BossQ

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2002
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
8
Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,606
Reaction score
191
I don't call them bugs as it was never the intention for it to run transmission and ssh. The default apps all works.

The transmission issue also occurred with a number of other NAS.

I disagreed. D-Link introduced the calling of "backdoor" script via fun_plug in many of their NAS products so that additional functional functionality can be added, without which none of the 3rd addon like FFP would be possible. Whether to use it or not is up to individual but don't expect any help/support from them.

Of course all the default apps will worked as it should be to a certain degree. The "bugs" I was referring to pertain to the differences between this model and DNS-320 especially so with regards to file/folder permissions which could be due to this reported bug.

As for Transmission issue, the problem doesn't lies with the software itself or even the libevent library but with epoll bugs in the kernel shipped on certain NAS devices. I'm not even aware of this problem until you mentioned it.
 
Last edited:

AngeLeo

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Not sure if this is required but there is a Dynamic DNS settings under Network Management that you may need to fill up for it to work.

Also try Open Port Check Tool
to check that your port forwarding is correct and that your service is running.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the Open Port Check Tool link, but I've already set DDNS settings under Network Management, both my router and DNS-320L. Still no results.

Anybody else facing the same problem?
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,606
Reaction score
191
Thanks for the Open Port Check Tool link, but I've already set DDNS settings under Network Management, both my router and DNS-320L. Still no results.

Anybody else facing the same problem?

Have you try port 443 and access via secure HTTP?
 

Ryecon

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2012
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
ok i just bought this thing a couple of days ago, my first NAS, i set it up and i have IP address mapped for it(with default username admin and my preferred password), no other fancy software installed yet(don't know how to actually Lol:s11:, still blur even after reading previous posts):D

now, i can access it as normal Z drive on my PC, my question is, for those who have Android phones, how do you access your NAS files? I tried using ES file explorer and after I mapped the LAN ip, it says I cannot access it due to permission although when I mapped it, I input the username and password for it

any inputs? :s11:

TIA
 

islubio

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
671
Reaction score
8
Can anyone tell me how can i stream from the nas? I m able to access it thru my phone, however i do not wish to download all every file that i wanna listen/watch. So how can i stream media to android phone and also my android tv?
 

mazno273

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
transmission FAQ

Hi guys,
I'm stuck after installing transmission.
I cannot edit the settings.json when using winscp.
The error is :
Copying files from remote side failed
"Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may also try SFTP instead of SCP.
Command failed with return code 127."

Thank you for reading
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,606
Reaction score
191
Hi guys,
I'm stuck after installing transmission.
I cannot edit the settings.json when using winscp.
The error is :
Copying files from remote side failed
"Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may also try SFTP instead of SCP.
Command failed with return code 127."

Thank you for reading

Use a "real' CLI editor to edit Linux file/script. And do remember to shutdown Transmission first before doing so.
 

mazno273

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Use a "real' CLI editor to edit Linux file/script. And do remember to shutdown Transmission first before doing so.
It works.Thank you.
Transmission runs now.but hangs now and then.
Need to start and sstop using the telnet through putty.
any advice is appreciated.
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,606
Reaction score
191
It works.Thank you.
Transmission runs now.but hangs now and then.
Need to start and sstop using the telnet through putty.
any advice is appreciated.

Refer to earlier thread on Transmission. It would seem that are bugs (although other have dispute this) in NAS firmware that impact the same FFP+Transmission setup that works on DNS-320.
 

lurkingcurly

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
hi guys... having a new problem and can't seem to solve it. when i first set up the box i had no problem setting the network drive on my PC as x: it was done automatically in the set up process.

recently, i can't reconnect my network drive. i looked at the log and see below especially the last line copied on CIFS authentication failure.

any ideas how to solve this? thanks in advance.



Feb 3 17:20:53 admin logged in.
Feb 3 14:22:09 System has been restarted.
Feb 3 14:21:33 Set Fan Speed To "LOW".
Feb 3 14:20:31 admin logged in.
Feb 3 14:19:18 CIFS: [192.168.1.156] connected to [Volume_1] as user [nobody].
Feb 3 14:19:18 CIFS: Authentication for user [RJ] has FAILED.
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,606
Reaction score
191
hi guys... having a new problem and can't seem to solve it. when i first set up the box i had no problem setting the network drive on my PC as x: it was done automatically in the set up process.

recently, i can't reconnect my network drive. i looked at the log and see below especially the last line copied on CIFS authentication failure.

any ideas how to solve this? thanks in advance.



Feb 3 17:20:53 admin logged in.
Feb 3 14:22:09 System has been restarted.
Feb 3 14:21:33 Set Fan Speed To "LOW".
Feb 3 14:20:31 admin logged in.
Feb 3 14:19:18 CIFS: [192.168.1.156] connected to [Volume_1] as user [nobody].
Feb 3 14:19:18 CIFS: Authentication for user [RJ] has FAILED.

Previously does it prompt you for user authentication? And have you change the password for user RJ?
 

lurkingcurly

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Previously does it prompt you for user authentication? And have you change the password for user RJ?

hi. previously it does not request for authentication. this was the PC i used to set up the NAS. i don't even have user accounts set up on the NAS and did not have any problem access the x: drive before. did not change any user passwords. user RJ refers to the PC i am using.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top