New EC at Sumang Walk

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
For ECs in Tengah or Bukit Batok West to cross $1400 psf is sheer madness.

It was really not too long ago that we can buy a 4-bedder Penthouse in Tampines or Punggol ECs for less than $1 million !
No need to wait for Tengah/Bukit Batok, turns out North Gaia EC already have multiple units cross 1400psf. Those with unblocked nature view 😍

The question now is - When will EC cross 1500psf ?

Oftheseas

Reaction score
No need to wait for Tengah/Bukit Batok, turns out North Gaia EC already have multiple units cross 1400psf. Those with unblocked nature view 😍

The question now is - When will EC cross 1500psf ?
I hope that those buying above $1400 are Yishun/nature lovers. I really don’t see them exiting higher than $2000 in 9~10 years time, unless there’s a mrt that drop very near to this project.

Those that stay longer than 10 years should by okay. But don’t ever expect Bishan Loft type of gain. From $420 in 2002 to current $13xx !

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
I hope that those buying above $1400 are Yishun/nature lovers. I really don’t see them exiting higher than $2000 in 9~10 years time, unless there’s a mrt that drop very near to this project.

Those that stay longer than 10 years should by okay. But don’t ever expect Bishan Loft type of gain. From $420 in 2002 to current $13xx !
Yes agree, in fact all the above 1400psf, which are the unblocked nature view units, I think are sold, want also don’t have 😂

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure whether government will remove the EC segment. Too many ppl huat big big.
Take Sengkang
Parc Britannia $1550-1600psf
Ola $1150-1300psf

Still 20% cheaper. I think quite likely Yishun condo price will cheong

Oftheseas

Reaction score
Not sure whether government will remove the EC segment. Too many ppl huat big big.
Take Sengkang
Ola $1150-1300psf

What logic is this ? G to remove EC because too many people make $ from it ? Need to remove landed houses too ?

I was taught that they will remove product that have no demand for it. Not the other way round.

Perishable

Reaction score
What logic is this ? G to remove EC because too many people make $ from it ? Need to remove landed houses too ?

I was taught that they will remove product that have no demand for it. Not the other way round.
exactly, govt more and more land allocated to ec

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Aiya! EC is subside private. If landed Is subsidise landed also kana remove. What do you mean they will remove product that have no demand? They removed HDB landed and executive mansionette lei. No demand? Haha

Oftheseas

Reaction score
Aiya! EC is subside private. If landed Is subsidise landed also kana remove. What do you mean they will remove product that have no demand? They removed HDB landed and executive mansionette lei. No demand? Haha
HDB landed is not the most optimal use of our precious land, thus remove long, long time ago.

EM/EA was removed due to a couple of reasons. Official reasons is not optimal use of precious land due to our society having smaller households. Unofficial is MND foresee that EM/EA will one day cross $1m and they do not want that to happen. It is the same reasons for not offering 5-room BTOs in prime estates.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
Take Sengkang
Ola $1150-1300psf

Not a fair comparison. Parc Botannia average launch price is 1280psf. At the time of Ola launch, there were still units available at 12xx/13xx psf available for Parc Botannia. Ola average launch price is at 11xx psf. Around a 1xx psf ‘cheaper’ for Ola.

There are units at Parc Botannia transacted at 15xx psf, but these are units with unblocked views which Ola do not have.

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HDB landed is not the most optimal use of our precious land, thus remove long, long time ago.

EM/EA was removed due to a couple of reasons. Official reasons is not optimal use of precious land due to our society having smaller households. Unofficial is MND foresee that EM/EA will one day cross $1m and they do not want that to happen. It is the same reasons for not offering 5-room BTOs in prime estates.
Then they subsidise $1.6-1.8mil EC? Last time EC used to be > 2000sqft until government decided to make it smaller. Sooner or later gone case one la. Ec is still private mah, want government to subsidise

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not a fair comparison. Parc Botannia average launch price is 1280psf. At the time of Ola launch, there were still units available at 12xx/13xx psf available for Parc Botannia. Ola average launch price is at 11xx psf. Around a 1xx psf ‘cheaper’ for Ola.
I compare today’s price (latest transaction). Cannot compare launch la. When did Parc Botannia launch and when Ola launch? I compare today Is the best indication.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
I compare today’s price (latest transaction). Cannot compare launch la. When did Parc Botannia launch and when Ola launch? I compare today Is the best indication.
There are units at Parc Botannia transacted at 15xx psf, but these are units with unblocked views which Ola do not have.

elvintay07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To me, both are quite comparable.
(1) Parc Botannia: 1 side facing LRT, 1 side facing High Park Residence, 1 side facing Jalan Kayu, 1 side facing empty land,
(2) Ola: 1 side facing empty land, 1 side facing treasures EC, 1 side facing vales EC, 1 side facing Sengkang community hospital.

Average view la...Not saying got sea view or some city view (marina bays sands etc..). All these are F up views to me.

Ola, 1 side facing L
PARC BOTANNIAFERNVALE STREETCondominium28OCR99 yrs lease commencing from 2016Sub Sale11,500,000-980Strata06 to 101,531Apr-22
OLAANCHORVALE CRESCENTExecutive Condominium19OCR99 yrs lease commencing from 2018New Sale11,152,000-926Strata11 to 151,244Mar-22

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.