New EC at Sumang Walk

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,307
Reaction score
5,672
This is what we see from caveat:
1,044 18-Jul
1,011 18-Jul
942 18-Jul
893 18-Jul
742 18-Jul - 1600sf
865 18-Jul
1,006 18-Jul
899 18-May
908 18-Mar
870 18-Feb
711 18-Jan
850 17-Nov
822 17-Oct
863 17-Sep
880 17-Aug
870 17-Jul
865 17-Jun
706 16-Aug

There are 9 units before Mar 2018, highest only 880psf,
Mar onwards, price cross 900 and hit 1k.
As for MOP, only HDB and the seller knows.

Unless the unit was rented out during MOP (special case for people working overseas), MOP is always fixed at 5 years after TOP, so I'm not sure what you meant by only HDB and seller knows.

Prices only hit 1k+ psf from July onwards after the EC crossed MOP, not before that in March or May.
 

Merg91

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
0
The coolings are simply flattening the curve in the chart.
They never crash the market or rarely trigger any of big sale by the developers.

Those 'good old days' of big & cheap units are gone.
New ECs are still Lexus @ Toyota price as compared with new condo.


I feel the cooling measures were not well timed; it came alittle too late to fulfil its intended effect; given the high land bid prices and the pent up demand, it is no surprise the prices continue rising.
 
Last edited:

Merg91

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
0
He has so much confidence in Singapore.
Many eyes popped out when he announced Dyson electric car factory here.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/british-billionaire-dyson-buys-singapores-priciest-penthouse-0

just saw this. wow.
 

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
The coolings are simply flattening the curve in the chart.
They never crash the market or rarely trigger any of big sale by the developers.

Those 'good old days' of big & cheap units are gone.
New ECs are still Lexus @ Toyota price as compared with new condo.

Flat for the next 5 years (just like geylang freehold for the past 5 years).. How sad. Time to look for other investment options.
 

Merg91

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
0
And these have gone up quite a bit compared with 2-3 years ago.
Cooling has not make them cheaper but suppresses further rise.

The new baseline price seems to show for city fringe projects (RCR) are about 16xx psf, CCR about 25xx psf upwards and OCR about 13xx upwards. EC prices are 11xx psf upwards(waiting to see the price at Sumang Link EC).
 
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
this thread sidetracked so much.

Previously i recalled piermont grand targeted launch in 2 weeks. It's been a few weeks i think? no news of official showroom and ballot date yet?
 
Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
And these have gone up quite a bit compared with 2-3 years ago.
Cooling has not make them cheaper but suppresses further rise.

Why are you so impatient for discounts? Developers still have 3-4 years before time is up.
 

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2

Sinnerg

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I'm very new and total noob on pte props. My hubby is looking at the sumang ec but I am very cold towards it.Not wantplay playto playanket when I don't even know anything, I would like to know if its worthy. Our main reason to purchase an EC is for stay. I won't say it's an "upgrade" per se because our current unit is comfortable (size). Only thing is that it's at low floor and the noise level sucks, it being near to the playground. Not condusive for my young kids. But location wise, we are near the new oasis mall / polyclinic which is convenient for my elderly parent. I hated it very much when an agent friend keeps pushing to us as an investment trying hard to sell us this idea when the EC market is no longer lucrative (and our main aim is for stay). We are noob but not dumb.

Another qn is, does developer disc exist in EC? I read somewhere in this thread. Thing is this agent keep showing us the carrot and yet flipping. Though I'm not keen, I would love to collect ammo to kill him once and for all. Thanks in advance
 

kiatme

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
288
There isn't any "developer discount" for new launches. More like "launch day price" which is usually the cheapest, something like "additional discount" on ballot day.

Based on past few EC launches, most likely most units will be sold out.

If you own a property (taken grant/bto), you will have to pay resale levy on top of the launch price as well. The good thing is you get to stay in your HDB (don't have to sell) before moving to the EC
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Hi all, I'm very new and total noob on pte props. My hubby is looking at the sumang ec but I am very cold towards it.Not wantplay playto playanket when I don't even know anything, I would like to know if its worthy. Our main reason to purchase an EC is for stay. I won't say it's an "upgrade" per se because our current unit is comfortable (size). Only thing is that it's at low floor and the noise level sucks, it being near to the playground. Not condusive for my young kids. But location wise, we are near the new oasis mall / polyclinic which is convenient for my elderly parent. I hated it very much when an agent friend keeps pushing to us as an investment trying hard to sell us this idea when the EC market is no longer lucrative (and our main aim is for stay). We are noob but not dumb.

Another qn is, does developer disc exist in EC? I read somewhere in this thread. Thing is this agent keep showing us the carrot and yet flipping. Though I'm not keen, I would love to collect ammo to kill him once and for all. Thanks in advance

I would avoid an agent that hard sell. If it is for own stay, buy only if you are comfortable with the location and project.
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
There isn't any "developer discount" for new launches. More like "launch day price" which is usually the cheapest, something like "additional discount" on ballot day.

Based on past few EC launches, most likely most units will be sold out.

If you own a property (taken grant/bto), you will have to pay resale levy on top of the launch price as well. The good thing is you get to stay in your HDB (don't have to sell) before moving to the EC

This is the only EC launched this year thus response will likely be good.
 

skizzer

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
342
Reaction score
10
Hi all, I'm very new and total noob on pte props. My hubby is looking at the sumang ec but I am very cold towards it.Not wantplay playto playanket when I don't even know anything, I would like to know if its worthy. Our main reason to purchase an EC is for stay. I won't say it's an "upgrade" per se because our current unit is comfortable (size). Only thing is that it's at low floor and the noise level sucks, it being near to the playground. Not condusive for my young kids. But location wise, we are near the new oasis mall / polyclinic which is convenient for my elderly parent. I hated it very much when an agent friend keeps pushing to us as an investment trying hard to sell us this idea when the EC market is no longer lucrative (and our main aim is for stay). We are noob but not dumb.

Another qn is, does developer disc exist in EC? I read somewhere in this thread. Thing is this agent keep showing us the carrot and yet flipping. Though I'm not keen, I would love to collect ammo to kill him once and for all. Thanks in advance

I will highlight two points.

1) Don’t overstretch beyond ur financial capabilities to upgrade. A jump from 300-400k BTO to 1m EC is a huge commitment.

2) I agree with anetyu that resale market offers better value, and personally I think the new launch market is going south in 1-2 years time when developers have to start offering discount to clear stock to minimize QC.

Personal take only
 

skizzer

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
342
Reaction score
10
Will ECs get cheaper if they wait?

My guess only.

EC New launch price is unlikely to go down for the next 1-2 years.
Condo new launch price is likely to stagnate or go down in next 1-2 years.

My recommendation is still PC private condo resale. But of coz gotta do a lot of work if one wanna get PC resale.

To me, if ur paying 1.1k psf for punggol EC not near MRT, might as well pay more for sth at a better location. Or maybe ll get to pay similar amount for sth with better location.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
318
Hi all, I'm very new and total noob on pte props. My hubby is looking at the sumang ec but I am very cold towards it.Not wantplay playto playanket when I don't even know anything, I would like to know if its worthy. Our main reason to purchase an EC is for stay. I won't say it's an "upgrade" per se because our current unit is comfortable (size). Only thing is that it's at low floor and the noise level sucks, it being near to the playground. Not condusive for my young kids. But location wise, we are near the new oasis mall / polyclinic which is convenient for my elderly parent. I hated it very much when an agent friend keeps pushing to us as an investment trying hard to sell us this idea when the EC market is no longer lucrative (and our main aim is for stay). We are noob but not dumb.

Another qn is, does developer disc exist in EC? I read somewhere in this thread. Thing is this agent keep showing us the carrot and yet flipping. Though I'm not keen, I would love to collect ammo to kill him once and for all. Thanks in advance


Usually for the first day of launch, developer will offer more discounts for ‘early birds’.. the most recent launch, Sky Everton,on the first day of launch, got extra ~ 2% discounts.. Parc Komo, the price went up around $20K ( for selected types) less than 1 mth after launch..

* Buy early at cheaper price & more units to select from..
 

Forever84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
25,028
Reaction score
11,451
Good product will sell. Lousy product will not sell even with discount.

Don't assume just because got 'oversupply' means developer will give discount. Maybe for lousy project yes.

This EC will sell out for sure no doubts.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top