New EC at Sumang Walk

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Actually for resale ec, personally i m nt so confident because i try to look at the price movement of the older ECs built in 200x, seems like it plateau after awhile (after TOP). However that being said i think it heavily depends on the future dev of the area around the resale ec.

The buangkok pc is 1600psf indicative. Out of my budget haha

If the horizon you are looking at is 20 years, I would think the chance of capital appreciation is close to if not 100%, property prices generally move in tandem w inflation in the long run, and I previously sighted an article that shared that in 10years:future new EC price would be about 13xx psf, there was one article that states avg condo prices in 2030 to be 2900psf (that might be too excessive though).

There is a new PC coming up at Buangkok, you may wish to see the pricing then and consider.

NiShiZhu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on whether u hav a contingency plan shd things go wrong i.e. how r u gg to manage your debt when e.g. lose your job, wifey stop working to care for kids/parents etc.

Another thing to look at perhaps is how much u treasure tt "freedom" if u r debt free. E.g. u may venture out for business, change job to something more fulfilling or u r passionate etc.

Hehe I’m a non believer one can retire comfortably even with 1 mil saving and a fully paid property. In years to come, you never know how high the living standard in Singapore can become. I believe in constant leveraging and other forms of passives income generation, but with calculated risk.

Last edited:

frigatex

Reaction score
I did not mean to put down punggol, unfortunately there are many "lunatics" here as you described that destroy punggol's image. How to help them? I am speaking so objectively and nicely alr.

If I were not a retiree with plenty of time, I also wouldn't bother taking a second glance and interact with them. I thought property forum would have more disciplined and sensible people, unfortunately not..

I did not describe anyone here as a lunatic, please do not twist anyone's words to suit your agenda.

Anyway, I believe your viewpoints on this development are clear enough to anyone following the thread, so perhaps just give this a rest? I feel like you're just having a kick out of provoking others, then putting them down after they respond in rage.

Also, I dont think most are here to read about petty squabbles and derogatory remarks.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually for resale ec, personally i m nt so confident because i try to look at the price movement of the older ECs built in 200x, seems like it plateau after awhile (after TOP). However that being said i think it heavily depends on the future dev of the area around the resale ec.

I think a lot of those resale EC plateau cos of their location not being near amenities and MRT station, but the Buangkok one is near an MRt station w an upcoming mall, so I believe there is still growth potential, take for eg Bishan loft.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I m looking at if possible 20yrs. My concern is more on the exit since i already disadv by 4xxpsf as compared to first owner.

So far friends that i spoke to, mentioned that EC in general quite safe for 15,20% appreciation. Resale there is more unknown n really need to do homework well.

Ultimately its still down to location location location. All the Ec location not very gd de. I think the goods one are brownstone n visionaire. Right outside mrt. of cos EC still earn when time comes but only by how much.

If you are planning to exit again then you have to choose a good location.

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Agree. I guess it depends on whether the mall is a success (e.g. waterway point?) or disappointment (e.g. juntion 9?). 😊

I think a lot of those resale EC plateau cos of their location not being near amenities and MRT station, but the Buangkok one is near an MRt station w an upcoming mall, so I believe there is still growth potential, take for eg Bishan loft.

sukidexun

Reaction score

if 1600, dont bother. That location is never good enough to sell at that pricing. Not saying location is damn lousy but still not up to that pricing. If you buy 1600, you can top up n buy a centre location liao tho it might not be that new. newer project higher price even when the two projects are side by side.

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Haha tts 1 of the reasons y my wife is keener to stay put at our current hdb flat, its right outside punggol mrt and 3mins to waterway pt 😆

Ultimately its still down to location location location. All the Ec location not very gd de. I think the goods one are brownstone n visionaire. Right outside mrt. of cos EC still earn when time comes but only by how much.

If you are planning to exit again then you have to choose a good location.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree. I guess it depends on whether the mall is a success (e.g. waterway point?) or disappointment (e.g. juntion 9?). 😊

Yup, I think someone here posted before on that. The Buangkok mall should be ok, it’s by capitaland and CDL

sukidexun

Reaction score
Reason is simple cos she miss the boat liao for those worth it condo prices in the past n she wants mkt to crash now so she can enter!!

How for mkt to crash leh? Is by spreading fear here that prices r nt worth it so ppl will choose nt to buy ultimately causing developers to drop the prices!!

But the truth is times hav change!! We r seeing fresh grad salary 7k n above. How not for prices to increase?

Sumang walk will b a success, marking new records. But new records will b made no doubt abt that!!!

So buy now or regret later! I dun want c another anneytu here again cos u hav miss the boat like her OK???? No say I nvr advise ah!!!!

Sibei confident lei bro. Still can look at nearby condo la. Becos we havent seen the actual unit so can only imagine.

Last time spread rumours still can la. Nowadays everyone very smart not like some gong kia. If u always keep listening to others, many bad things going to happen.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Haha tts 1 of the reasons y my wife is keener to stay put at our current hdb flat, its right outside punggol mrt and 3mins to waterway pt 😆

If big enough then dont move first lo. Save up can move somewhere else liao. If you change, everyday have to walk under the hot sun.

Havent reach destination, underwear also wet liao lo.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Hehe I’m a non believer one can retire comfortably even with 1 mil saving and a fully paid property. In years to come, you never know how high the living standard in Singapore can become. I believe in constant leveraging and other forms of passives income generation, but with calculated risk.

I think you mean cost of living and not living standard. There are some who over-leverage and unfortunately rental income fell short of expectations and economic conditions took a turn for the worse.

Of course if one leaves the 1million in a normal savings account, it will lose its real value. However, there are other investment products such as equities and funds that offer liquidity and potentially higher returns than trying to "flip" properties in today's market.

Property may look like an "easy" and guaranteed route to "success" based on history so I am not surprised many are living in euphoria and trying to replicate what seniors like me have achieved with properties purchased long time ago. :)

My advice would be to have a diversified portfolio and not leave all eggs in one basket. :)

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I did not describe anyone here as a lunatic, please do not twist anyone's words to suit your agenda.

Anyway, I believe your viewpoints on this development are clear enough to anyone following the thread, so perhaps just give this a rest? I feel like you're just having a kick out of provoking others, then putting them down after they respond in rage.

Also, I dont think most are here to read about petty squabbles and derogatory remarks.

SOrry I may have misinterpreted your words.

You are right, I should give it a rest and be more selective with the people I interact with here.

tanjiakpeng

Master Member
Reaction score

your current place sounds like a keeper. i wouldnt move unless there is something comparable in terms of accessibility or better.

Merg91

Reaction score
Here hopeless. This is outerspace forum.

Women expire one... better interact with real nice men out there in kopitiam & hopefully strike it early !
Otherwise 剩女becomes 老姑婆one.

...... more selective with the people I interact with here.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Will like seek your further opinion, do you think Esparina is a good buy for self stay or your opinion is it still has potential for appreciation?

Esparina 3 bedders already selling at 11xxpsf now, thats 4xxpsf paper gain for the first owner 😊

Oh so fast 1100psf ah ?

Then other resales EC need to catch up. I remember I saw yishun got one resales EC canopy selling at only less than 900psf only...

NiShiZhu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Is it, what time, would u know at 12 am? Homeseeking is a very stressful time.
It is a HDB EC so the price that that comes out is a take it or leave it.

in another 2 hours time aka 10am.. I would be queueing outside the tentage at 9.45am .. I more eager than all of you cos I need to update my buyers on the pricing..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
I m looking at if possible 20yrs. My concern is more on the exit since i already disadv by 4xxpsf as compared to first owner.

So far friends that i spoke to, mentioned that EC in general quite safe for 15,20% appreciation. Resale there is more unknown n really need to do homework well.

not sure if your agent got share with you the pros and cons of buying resale projects ?but yes, EC is generally safer bet as lower entry price as compared to new launch in the same area at the same time..

runforyourlife

Reaction score
not sure if your agent got share with you the pros and cons of buying resale projects ?but yes, EC is generally safer bet as lower entry price as compared to new launch in the same area at the same time..

This I agree. Lower risk lower gains.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.