New EC at Sumang Walk

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I read her posts most are keep saying and implying all new launch will sure flop. And no appreciation whatsoever cause market sure crash crash crash.

And keep implying old launch is better cheaper.

But my thinking is this if old launch are lacking in ammenities and facilities. And no smart features.
While new launch are all equip with new gen smart technologies.

Why will old launch be attractive other than their area is bigger and cheaper only.

The new batches most if not all are equip with smart features
Why is she so sure market will crash.
What if next time when top all get appreciated? .
Then many will end up with 早知道?

By repeating ntimes new launch too ex best too wait also wont affect the sentiments of buyers right? Or trying to get old launch to appreciate???

So far it seems housing are getting more and more ex

You need to improve your reading skills. No one is calling for crash here. Even I believe property will continue to appreciate in the long run but these new launches have limited room for appreciation at these prices.

Only newbies will get excited by those smart technologies which can also be implemented in "older" condos.

If you think new launch prices are very reasonable and prices are going to continue to boom and double in 10 years, why are you not taking action?

You are obviously a newbie.

Last edited:

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
I read her posts most are keep saying and implying all new launch will sure flop. And no appreciation whatsoever cause market sure crash crash crash.

And keep implying old launch is better cheaper.

But my thinking is this if old launch are lacking in ammenities and facilities. And no smart features.
While new launch are all equip with new gen smart technologies.

Why will old launch be attractive other than their area is bigger and cheaper only.

The new batches most if not all are equip with smart features
Why is she so sure market will crash.
What if next time when top all get appreciated? .
Then many will end up with 早知道?

By repeating ntimes new launch too ex best too wait also wont affect the sentiments of buyers right? Or trying to get old launch to appreciate???

So far it seems housing are getting more and more ex

to be very clear, i also share the same view as annetyu. as i said many times.

2nd: i am not a property expert. and i just purchase a resale in kovan myself.

3rd: i also believe that 1150 is too expensive for sumang EC.

4th: but who are we to constantly brainwashing the public that 1150psf is expensive. is annetyu a certified expert in property? she could be a dog typing behind the screen and we dun even noe.

5th: i just dun like the way how she bullied the other users here. so in a way, i am not here to debate property with her.

6th: i am just want to let the others know, take her words with a pinch of salt. nobody is certified expert in property. u may listen to her views, but i just want to let you guys know, she is vesting too much effort here day in and out just to convince pple here that 1150psf for sumang EC is too expensive.

7th: and i enjoy disturbing her. cus i cant stand the way how she bullied a user before. Mr. Mergui. go check at her previous posts. it happen some time ago.

thats abt it.

shin7829

Reaction score
Your manner of labelling is impressive
Ok u can call me as newbie anyway.
Since i dont regard myself as experienced compare to the rest here

But yes i have already bought my own unit even if its now not a very develop area.

One bought a develop area will surely need pay a premium for the develop thingy.but its very convenient

One who bought a place not so developed may have a chance of getting more appreciation if the place get develop in future. But its a risk. If nothing develop sure sian 1/2.

Ultimately for buyers who plan to stay, have to survey actual site, interior design, dont depend solely the comments on others. The real feel is u must like the olace yourself be it any other factor should u are staying there.

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your manner of labelling is impressive
Ok u can call me as newbie anyway.
Since i dont regard myself as experienced compare to the rest here

But yes i have already bought my own unit even if its now not a very develop area.

One bought a develop area will surely need pay a premium for the develop thingy.but its very convenient

One who bought a place not so developed may have a chance of getting more appreciation if the place get develop in future. But its a risk. If nothing develop sure sian 1/2.

Ultimately for buyers who plan to stay, have to survey actual site, interior design, dont depend solely the comments on others. The real feel is u must like the olace yourself be it any other factor should u are staying there.

I think the difference in price between the project in the non developed area compared to the price in another project in the developed area needs to be significant enough (perhaps a 300psf diff?), that would be safe margin. Of cos, other factors such as interior and exterior facades plays a part.

I feel that in current market any known future development in that area is already priced in, including transport nodes in 2030etc.

Merg91

Reaction score
Aren't ECs still more ex than HDBs but cheaper than private condo?

And you expect the govt to subsidize more for those EC aspirants?
For sure they will eventually still resell them normal market rate aka more profit.

..... EC scheme no longer serves its objectives of helping the "sandwich" group.

Hyruga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you all realise every 50 metres, there is a traffic light? You can see 5 traffic light travelling at Punggol Road. So congested.

Also there is a big Long kar in front. Later breed lots of mosquitoes how? No direct river view. Blocked by hdb of all things.

Somemore near Pasir Gudang industrial area. Lots of harmful fumes.

https://www.99.co/blog/singapore/hdb-punggol-pasir-gudang/

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Aren't ECs still more ex than HDBs but cheaper than private condo?

And you expect the govt to subsidize more for those EC aspirants?
For sure they will eventually still resell them normal market rate aka more profit.

I have a feeling govt will scrap the scheme entirely.

frigatex

Reaction score
Did you all realise every 50 metres, there is a traffic light? You can see 5 traffic light travelling at Punggol Road. So congested.

Also there is a big Long kar in front. Later breed lots of mosquitoes how? No direct river view. Blocked by hdb of all things.

Not sure if you meant for sarcasm there, but here goes:

Pasir gudang >> agreed, no contention there, though to be fair I think punggol may not be the only town affected.

Traffic light >> traffic lights vs congestion, I don't see the link. punggol is a small town, a short drive and you're out already, so of course you run into more traffic lights with a shorter road?

Long kang >> yes it is a narrow water canal, not a real river. But seriously, breed mosquitos? It is not stagnant water you know, there are mini-fountains to keep the water running, and even fishes in it.

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Views from a punggol resident of 6 yrs:

1. Pasir Gudang - frankly speaking, i really didnt smell anything at all. I m living near the mrt station.

2. Jam - this is true, but not because of traffic lights. Its just the sheer amt of new residents coming into punggol. The road expansion plan lags behind but is catching up this 1 yr or so. Its much better nw compared to 1 yr ago.

Side pt: i think the traffic lights r necessary as there r alot of long straight rds in punggol. Ppl tends to speed unknowingly.

3. Mosquito - i hav buddies living at another development facing the long kang. Din heard of complaint bout mosquito but sighted strange insects once in awhile.

https://www.99.co/blog/singapore/hdb-punggol-pasir-gudang/

Last edited:

Nobody1122

Master Member
Reaction score
Why bother to explain to those trolls
Those people who doesn’t stay in Punggol
But keep on
Repeating and
Repeating the same old thing
Again and again

They are just sheeps
Once people start bashing Punggol
They just know how to follow 🤦

Views from a punggol resident of 6 yrs:

1. Pasir Gudang - frankly speaking, i really didnt smell anything at all. I m living near the mrt station.

2. Jam - this is true, but not because of traffic lights. Its just the sheer amt of new residents coming into punggol. The road expansion plan lags behind but is catching up this 1 yr or so. Its much better nw compared to 1 yr ago.

Side pt: i think the traffic lights r necessary as there r alot of long straight rds in punggol. Ppl tends to speed unknowingly.

3. Mosquito - i hav buddies living at another development facing the long kang. Din heard of complaint bout mosquito but sighted strange insects once in awhile.

sukidexun

Reaction score
to be very clear, i also share the same view as annetyu. as i said many times.

2nd: i am not a property expert. and i just purchase a resale in kovan myself.

3rd: i also believe that 1150 is too expensive for sumang EC.

4th: but who are we to constantly brainwashing the public that 1150psf is expensive. is annetyu a certified expert in property? she could be a dog typing behind the screen and we dun even noe.

5th: i just dun like the way how she bullied the other users here. so in a way, i am not here to debate property with her.

6th: i am just want to let the others know, take her words with a pinch of salt. nobody is certified expert in property. u may listen to her views, but i just want to let you guys know, she is vesting too much effort here day in and out just to convince pple here that 1150psf for sumang EC is too expensive.

7th: and i enjoy disturbing her. cus i cant stand the way how she bullied a user before. Mr. Mergui. go check at her previous posts. it happen some time ago.

thats abt it.

You bought kovan residences sibo? HOSEH LIAO LA. 1100 for this ec is confirmed expensive. Top up can buy condo liao. This EC confirms win those at sk & hg.

E-app soon liao. Faster use your brain n calculate. Dont always listen to others. Go down talk to the agent n understand the ground.

Those ground level lovers can look at parc centros. Quite affordable.

tanjiakpeng

Master Member
Reaction score
You bought kovan residences sibo? HOSEH LIAO LA. 1100 for this ec is confirmed expensive. Top up can buy condo liao. This EC confirms win those at sk & hg.

E-app soon liao. Faster use your brain n calculate. Dont always listen to others. Go down talk to the agent n understand the ground.

Good point. Sumang EC psf is similarish to kovan residences psf with door step to mrt.

Will have to be comfortable with limited appreciation for KR though unless the new plots of land are launched in the area.

I would look for hints that the carpark beside heartland mall getting cleared/downsized and the florists/place selling plants moving out beside the bowling alley. Also look for the old bus depot being cleared and kovan sports centre being closed down. All these plots are slates for residential.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

Kovan residence 3 bedder minimum is $1.55m, probably not the range for people who are looking to buy EC. Mr/Ms Captain prob bought those cheap small development far away from the mrt.

Yes dont listen to anyone here. Do your own research and DONT over rely on agents, why would they say any negatives about the project?

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
Kovan residence 3 bedder minimum is $1.55m, probably not the range for people who are looking to buy EC. Mr/Ms Captain prob bought those cheap small development far away from the mrt.

Yes dont listen to anyone here. Do your own research and DONT over rely on agents, why would they say any negatives about the project?

U know whats funny.

if u are saying my house is that bad, then why the hell are u thinking to buy terasse.

Lolx. Another hyprocrite statement from u.

Zze121

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rough estimate their PSF start from
840sf at $888k = $1057psf
1302sf at $1,340k = $1029psf
1432sf at $1,508k = $1053psf
Base on past EC projects price range, normally range within 200psf, estimate max around 1057+200 = 1257psf.

Cheapest unit start from $912k

840sf at $912k means start from $1086psf

Beautify that figures, it is only $882k after $30k grant. That's work out $1050psf for first timer.

2nd timer will then paid $1086psf on top of their $45k levy plus DPS of extra 2~3%. That is easily cross $1161psf. Best part, cash up front, 5%+45k+SD that's easily crossed +$110k.
CPF OA at least 15%+5%, if have extra for SD will be good, else is all cash.

End up, wat will these buyers do?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.