New EC at Sumang Walk

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Messages
5,851
Reaction score
561
Personally, while I see some value in the location, I find the price too high. The only reason why I would consider the EC is river facing, however "ugly" it may be. There are other developments to consider if I want a pool view.

The price gap between EC and private condos has closed up substantially, and this is not the original intention of EC. Govt intended minimum bid to be $460+ psf ppr, but developers went ahead to bid it higher by almost $100+.

Because the belief is "EC is always worth to buy". So it is a "sure sell" I guess. I don't want to be grouped under the "sure buy" group.

I'm priced out by about $100k for the units I want, 4brm river facing. I'm probably just too incapable in earning enough to finance the additional $100k without too much headache (was calculating a monthly loan rate of <$1.5k).

As such, will not be going for the balloting. :(
Tbh you hit the nail on the head.

With the spread between PC and EC narrowing but people still able to afford the huge quantum upfront for EC now...amazes me

14k cap really not deterring the high rollers but earning basic pay below 14k. Note the key word 'basic pay'. Otherwise, it would be 3rd party support oiling the rotors.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
318
Opening price is simi? How many % increase Liao ah?

What is the percentage buying at launch price vs the rest?

The rest need to know they will not be able to compete with first batch of buyers if they wanna invest.


Opening price is 3 bedders $888k
4 bedders $1.34M
5 bedders $1.508M

No price increase yet havent open for sale yet..

Percentage of sales u mean? Will only be able to know tmr when its oepn for sales..
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
Tbh you hit the nail on the head.

With the spread between PC and EC narrowing but people still able to afford the huge quantum upfront for EC now...amazes me

14k cap really not deterring the high rollers but earning basic pay below 14k. Note the key word 'basic pay'. Otherwise, it would be 3rd party support oiling the rotors.

Not that "hard" to afford the huge quantum upfront. Me and wife have been saving for it for past few years, the moment we got HDB.

Then plus sell stocks here and there, even though income not too high, but can still pull it off.

But not worth leh. It just feels like I'm a lemon being "squeezed dry" if you know what I mean. It feels like the big big developers are testing and squeezing as much as possible to milk HDB upgraders dry dry.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
Opening price is 3 bedders $888k
4 bedders $1.34M
5 bedders $1.508M

No price increase yet havent open for sale yet..

Percentage of sales u mean? Will only be able to know tmr when its oepn for sales..

Looks like 2bedder not much profit for agents huh? Should be aggressively pushing for 3br by e looks of it!
 

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
6,361
Reaction score
501
Coz piermont only has 3 bedder onwards.

No 2 bedder for this EC

qKUyoIZ.jpg


Looks like 2bedder not much profit for agents huh? Should be aggressively pushing for 3br by e looks of it!
 

Merg91

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
0
Why didn't chiong the many cheap EC last few years?
早知道.....

Me and wife have been saving for it for past few years, the moment we got HDB.

Then plus sell stocks here and there, even though income not too high, but can still pull it off.
 

ynwa00

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
My Sister who is keen to purchase EC initially will likely to be priced out by the current psf. The group of buyers will probably have some financial backing or maybe foreign turned citizens with plenty of cash on hand.
I have colleagues who stayed in Punggol EC and having neighbours who owned Maserati.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
My Sister who is keen to purchase EC initially will likely to be priced out by the current psf. The group of buyers will probably have some financial backing or maybe foreign turned citizens with plenty of cash on hand.
I have colleagues who stayed in Punggol EC and having neighbours who owned Maserati.

Maseratis are not very ex if they are second hand...
 

sukidexun

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Personally, while I see some value in the location, I find the price too high. The only reason why I would consider the EC is river facing, however "ugly" it may be. There are other developments to consider if I want a pool view.

The price gap between EC and private condos has closed up substantially, and this is not the original intention of EC. Govt intended minimum bid to be $460+ psf ppr, but developers went ahead to bid it higher by almost $100+.

Because the belief is "EC is always worth to buy". So it is a "sure sell" I guess. I don't want to be grouped under the "sure buy" group.

I'm priced out by about $100k for the units I want, 4brm river facing. I'm probably just too incapable in earning enough to finance the additional $100k without too much headache (was calculating a monthly loan rate of <$1.5k).

As such, will not be going for the balloting. :(

No need longkang or pool view ma if you are short of abit. If river got smell, you are the first to kena. I also dont like pool view cos of noise and in order to enjoy the view, only first 5 levels only.

i only aim for super high n unblock view but if lift breakdown, curse n swear
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
No need longkang or pool view ma if you are short of abit. If river got smell, you are the first to kena. I also dont like pool view cos of noise and in order to enjoy the view, only first 5 levels only.

i only aim for super high n unblock view but if lift breakdown, curse n swear

But the super high n unblock view, yet big enough unit, only got the river facing or pool view. :(

Or choose the B1 4bdrm ones and get a nice west facing sun.
 

Braun8

Master Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
4,439
Reaction score
3,486
Just had a quick look at site plan. Would be nice to hoot a stack 11 (4BR) with full pool view + river view + NS facing + zero west sun.

Reminds me of a stack at RF 3BR with the same characteristics.

Unfortunately, this project is not in my radar. For those that are looking gogogo! Got the price list from a friend and I guess it looks reasonable


Don't just look at the site plan, should survey the actual site itself.

This "river" is very narrow, and just across the "river" are HDB flats. The "river view" is actually looking at the opposite HDB flats. Stack 11 is amongst the most expensive at over $1100 psf for the so called "river view".

The "river" at RF is wider and opposite the "river" is empty land, the "river view" at RF is unblock view and far better than the Sumang EC.
 

Braun8

Master Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
4,439
Reaction score
3,486
But the super high n unblock view, yet big enough unit, only got the river facing or pool view. :(

Or choose the B1 4bdrm ones and get a nice west facing sun.


The view of the top floors of the "river view" stacks are blocked by the opposite Waterway Cascadia HDB flats.
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
Don't just look at the site plan, should survey the actual site itself.

This "river" is very narrow, and just across the "river" are HDB flats. The "river view" is actually looking at the opposite HDB flats. Stack 11 is amongst the most expensive at over $1100 psf for the so called "river view".

The "river" at RF is wider and opposite the "river" is empty land, the "river view" at RF is unblock view and far better than the Sumang EC.

I actually went to the actual site to survey because was seriously considering.
There are HDB flats, but still ok if stack 11 and very high up, because there is still the swimming pool. Also, while sitting at the HDB blocks, it was really windy, so I guess it should be very windy at the higher floors. Especially when wind is able to pass through the centre of the development unblocked.

Not just that, stack 11 is not facing any major roads, so any unwanted sounds should be quite low.

Because I am planning for the deferred payment scheme..... it starts at 1.5 mil even for the lowest floor, which is the maximum we can afford without too much stress after including all the resale levy and stamp duty and etc.

讲到完 I am just too incapable lor. Mid thirties liao still need to 倾家荡产 then can even consider a unit I like.
 
Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
The other unit that was on my shortlist was stack 18, 8th floor. Nice number 08-18 $1.5236 mil on DFP :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top