Nicole Seah (佘雪玲)

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,147
Reaction score
18,861
I agree. If she keeps herself in the public eye, it's easier when she contest again in the next GE. People trust familiar faces more.

How is she going to keep herself in the public eye? 5 years is a long time. And By then there may not be many singaporeans left to change their mind.
 

celsus

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
93
She is still only going to be 29 at next election, so she will still be able to energize the youth vote. I think she should seriously consider taking a year to go do volunteer work in Indonesia or Cambodia or someplace like that to broaden her exposure. Then come back and continue corporate life combined with her voluntary work at grassroots, she could be a really incredible package by 2016.
 

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
8,060
Reaction score
0
How is she going to keep herself in the public eye? 5 years is a long time. And By then there may not be many singaporeans left to change their mind.

I hope between spp and wp, someone will be kind enough to reject 1 ncmp seat and offer it to her. Hope a party will rise above party interest... very hard for that to happen.
 

celsus

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
93
I hope between spp and wp, someone will be kind enough to reject 1 ncmp seat and offer it to her. Hope a party will rise above party interest... very hard for that to happen.

Er seriously? when all is said and done Nicole Seah is a latecomer with no experience, you cannot ask SPP to give up their one and only seat (I hope they give to Benjamin Pwee), and for WP to give up Yee Jen Jong who put up a very brave fight would be unfair to him, and Gerald Giam from East Coast has better grasp of issues and deserves a seat. So really, let's not get into wishful thinking, if they trade seats between parties PAP may say it deserves a spot for someone from Aljunied
 

InPhinity

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2002
Messages
18,450
Reaction score
0
they decided nt to report mata...

20110508_km_lcn_NicoleSeah1.jpg


20110508_km_lcn_NicoleSeah2.jpg


20110508_km_lcn_NicoleSeah3.jpg


20110508_km_lcn_NicoleSeah4.jpg


20110508_km_lcn_NicoleSeah5.jpg


明星效应大,佘雪玲吸票43.35%!

到马林百列集选区挑战吴作栋团队的国民团结党,昨晚凭佘雪玲的高人气夺得59,833张票,是国民团结党角逐的8个选区中,得票最高的一个区,吸票功力,可见一斑。

吴作栋在1991年的大选,得票率77.2%,过后一直没有对手。

对于首次参加选举就败选,佘雪玲并不感到失望。

她在记者会上说:“我们给予对手强有力的挑战,打了一场硬战。我非常累,但还是很高兴,感觉很值得。”

佘雪玲:不是世界末日,而是新的开始;行动党候选人违反冷静日条例,团结党决定不报警。

sauce: omy
 

blitzz

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
4,300
Reaction score
15
Er seriously? when all is said and done Nicole Seah is a latecomer with no experience, you cannot ask SPP to give up their one and only seat (I hope they give to Benjamin Pwee), and for WP to give up Yee Jen Jong who put up a very brave fight would be unfair to him, and Gerald Giam from East Coast has better grasp of issues and deserves a seat. So really, let's not get into wishful thinking, if they trade seats between parties PAP may say it deserves a spot for someone from Aljunied

Yes she doesnt have much experience. But then again, she is too gd a talent to be left out. Look at marine parade. I definitely dun wan her to go down in history like that cos it is really a waste. I strongly support the idea of giving her a chance to be ncmp. I'm sure with all the old birds guiding her she can be groomed to become a prominent figure in 2016 and beyond.
 

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
22,858
Reaction score
4,956
Yes she doesnt have much experience. But then again, she is too gd a talent to be left out. Look at marine parade. I definitely dun wan her to go down in history like that cos it is really a waste. I strongly support the idea of giving her a chance to be ncmp. I'm sure with all the old birds guiding her she can be groomed to become a prominent figure in 2016 and beyond.

I agree with celsus that it should never be done at the expense of WP--since WP is looking set to be the opposition party capable of growing powerful to do a proper checks and balances on the ruling party, and their members would need as much exposure as they could get..

As for Lina, it would be good if she's willing to give up her chance to Nicole but she should never be compelled to.
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
She should have made a police case to teach PAP a listen. If the case happen to her. I do not think PAP will let her go easily.

On the oher hand. It is only fair for GCT to take internal action to TPL as this cooling days ruling is setup by PAP !!!
 
Last edited:

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
8,060
Reaction score
0
I know I'm biased towards Nicole, but I regard her as having a big part in rousing the interest of youths and not-so-young people in politics during the election. Part of her attraction and inspiration has a lot to do with her age. If we want to keep the momentum up, she has to get into the Parliament as NCMP now.

I agree with celsus that the other candidates are also worthy, and it's unfair to ask them to give up the seats. Party/personal interest will still be the decisive factor.
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,147
Reaction score
18,861
I know I'm biased towards Nicole, but I regard her as having a big part in rousing the interest of youths and not-so-young people in politics during the election. Part of her attraction and inspiration has a lot to do with her age. If we want to keep the momentum up, she has to get into the Parliament as NCMP now.

I agree with celsus that the other candidates are also worthy, and it's unfair to ask them to give up the seats. Party/personal interest will still be the decisive factor.

i think more so with her is that she is an emotional yet articulated person. she had a compassion that is not easily revealed or expressed by others - one of the very rare quality among the oppositions, and possibly inexistent for the incumbent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top