Note 3 Finally gets Lollipop

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
Anyone s pen not working? I can't take screenshots with the side button.

Hi, if you are referring to screen shots by pressing the S-pen button and press the S-pen tip on the screen, it is no longer valid on Lollipop.

It is now part of the features on the air command under 'screen write'.. when you click on it, it will take the screen shot and the options/tools will appear at the top.

Bob
 

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
7,264
Reaction score
184
Just bought a new Note 3 (3G) from the Expo IT fair for my wife, it is using OS 4.4.

When I went into Settings>About Device, I noticed there is no Software Update option, is this normal?

I'm currently using Note 3 (4G) version with OS5 and the option is there, in previous OS version 4.x the option is also there.
 

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
10,594
Reaction score
158
Just bought a new Note 3 (3G) from the Expo IT fair for my wife, it is using OS 4.4.

When I went into Settings>About Device, I noticed there is no Software Update option, is this normal?

I'm currently using Note 3 (4G) version with OS5 and the option is there, in previous OS version 4.x the option is also there.

Not sure why your Note 3 is 3G version...
Shouldn't be a local set, dangerous honestly.
 

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
13,510
Reaction score
24
Just bought a new Note 3 (3G) from the Expo IT fair for my wife, it is using OS 4.4.

When I went into Settings>About Device, I noticed there is no Software Update option, is this normal?

I'm currently using Note 3 (4G) version with OS5 and the option is there, in previous OS version 4.x the option is also there.

Fake set maybe?
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,559
Reaction score
2,871
Finally found some time and rooted my Note 3.

Removed a bunch of bloatware but is there anybody here that knows what can safely be removed?

What kind of battery saving apps/tips you guys use with rooted phones?
 

fatthumb

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
3
Finally found some time and rooted my Note 3.

Removed a bunch of bloatware but is there anybody here that knows what can safely be removed?

What kind of battery saving apps/tips you guys use with rooted phones?
1. Auto sync only when necessary, else disable it.
2. Off bluetooth, NFC and location unless needed.
3. Install xposed framework (google it)
4. Install amplify module (reduce wake lock)
5. Install greenify from play store and extend its functionality (experimental features) via xposed module

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,559
Reaction score
2,871
1. Auto sync only when necessary, else disable it.
2. Off bluetooth, NFC and location unless needed.
3. Install xposed framework (google it)
4. Install amplify module (reduce wake lock)
5. Install greenify from play store and extend its functionality (experimental features) via xposed module

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

Thanks!

I'll try these 3

3. Install xposed framework (google it)
4. Install amplify module (reduce wake lock)
5. Install greenify from play store and extend its functionality (experimental features) via xposed module

Always have been on 1 and 2.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,559
Reaction score
2,871
Thanks!

I'll try these 3

3. Install xposed framework (google it)
4. Install amplify module (reduce wake lock)
5. Install greenify from play store and extend its functionality (experimental features) via xposed module

Always have been on 1 and 2.

Got a problem when I am installing Xposed.

"Xposed Installer not Compatible With Android sdk 21", rebooted couple of times but didn't fix the issue.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,559
Reaction score
2,871
If you are on lollipop google for xposed framework note 3 lollipop. Source shld be from xda developer.

Edit: This works well on my Note 3 and Note 5.

Backup before flashing in case you got into boot loop.
Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Yeah, I was just reading through some over lunch; looks exciting to get it working, just worried about bricking it. Which version did you install for stock Samsung touchwiz?
 

fatthumb

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
3
Yeah, I was just reading through some over lunch; looks exciting to get it working, just worried about bricking it. Which version did you install for stock Samsung touchwiz?
Shouldnt brick ur device at most probably boot loop but dont look for me in case yours decide to turn into brick :p Just read the thread and follow instructions.

My note 3, Android 5.0 running older v65.
Note 5, 5.1.1, latest version.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,559
Reaction score
2,871
Shouldnt brick ur device at most probably boot loop but dont look for me in case yours decide to turn into brick :p Just read the thread and follow instructions.

My note 3, Android 5.0 running older v65.
Note 5, 5.1.1, latest version.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

Cool. I suppose the newer versions should work just as well for my rooted Note 3. From what I read, it's still Alpha version, not even Beta.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,559
Reaction score
2,871
Never try never know. Benefits far outweigh the risk. But remember backup first (although i never did). Haha :p

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Still finding time to backup my phone before flashing xposed.

BTW, what custom recovery do you normally use? CWM or TWRP? I used to be using CWM for a long time but recently I tried TWRP and find it much better.
 

fatthumb

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
3
Still finding time to backup my phone before flashing xposed.

BTW, what custom recovery do you normally use? CWM or TWRP? I used to be using CWM for a long time but recently I tried TWRP and find it much better.
I have been using Philz version of CWM for a long time on all my Samsung devices (S3, N3 and now N5). For N3, you can flash latest Philz CWM or TWRP from Rashr app (Play store).

I don't like TWRP GUI, prefer the old traditional recovery look :p
Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top